1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2010 Endurance rules

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by Mongo, Nov 13, 2009.

1. ex419

ex419 Well-Known Member

Formula fun sounds good to me.
    I'll be on a 07 r1 that is not eligible for contingency. All the tire manufactures are tapped out. I don’t want to be in the same class as vesrah. I’ve raced for money the last five years; it gets very stressful and takes some of the fun out of racing.
    I just want to show up at a few rounds, run takeoffs, and have fun again.

2. opus one

opus one Member

I can, we have a team signed for next year what would be the benefit for us?

3. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I can understand the thinking on no WERA contengency.
    Last year the grids were so low, if you did not win your class, you usually did not get any.
    With the way it's set up for 2010, if you win, you get a free entry for next year.
    My question about that, is are those entries transferable, as the certs are?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Contingency will be dependent on the contingency sponsors, they can pay or not, their choice. We won't pay a purse or points or anything, we will have trophies.

No Gary, free entry and show money and the like is not transferable.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So? He's talking about people who want to run a round or three for fun - why is everyone bitching about that?

6. Eric Konigsberg

Eric Konigsberg Eagle Racing

im sorry that the light weight classes are getting thin !!i have raced in every class out there and have had the most fun on lightweights but every grope out there has taken all the money and contigencys out of this class and that lowers the rider count!!!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  7. kosta

kosta Well-Known Member

Maybe it is too many destroyed helmets but I still don't understand the advantage of the fun class. In the past, we have only been able to do the closer rounds in the SE and since we were slow old guys on a clapped out SV, it was always for fun, sort of. I would think the regulars would encourage the irregulars to attend in class to help with the mfg's contingencies. I guess the fun class would work if you were running against Vesrah, but for the MW and LW teams, is there an advantage?

Some one said something about messing with the points for teams that are running the whole series. If this is a problem, I definitely wouldn't want to do that. Not sure how we would mess with them but might put the class over the number needed for contingency.

8. Chuck Ivey

Chuck Ivey Well-Known Member

I agree with you. I don't see the point of a this "fun" class either. it does take bikes off the grid for the contingency paying classes. Not to mention if you are not a regular but you still enter one of the contigency paying classes you at least still stand a chance to win something. You never know what may happen to a team in front of you. On top of that if a non regular team entered and beat a regular team, good for them. and the team that got beat does not deserve the points.

9. opus one

opus one Member

Damn, you guys just don't get it, do you? how dense are you? There are many racers who don't want to spend thousands of dollars to race for in the end what amounts to bragging rights or a way to validate your exsistance or macho. in the end ,unless its paying your bills it's all for fun! a hobby! something you do! The fact that so many of you are bitching about guys who wish to stay within their budget and just have a good time is just so ridiculous!

10. J. WILLOW

J. WILLOW Well-Known Member

Apparently, you don't get it. To go race the "fun" class, you are still going to spend upwards of $1500.00 for entry/practice fees, tires, and gas for the bike for 1 race. That doesn't even include travel costs. We're not complaining about the new class, I personally think it's a good idea to try to get new teams involved. This post is getting side tracked to a different subject: The fact of the matter is there is no more purse money paid to the top 10 overall, granted it wasn't as much as in the past but, better than nothing like it's going to be for 2010. As individual team owners like Chuck, myself, and all the others, you have to look at your team as a business. You can only run for so long in the red. We love to race also but, I guess if I want to keep racing this series I'll start robbing banks and make my wife work longer hours down on the street corner.

11. opus one

opus one Member

first I do get it, second I am a team owner, if you have to rob a bank to continue your hobby, you are in dire straits, also if you have to depend on purse money to exist you may need to rethink why and how you race, proper backing and soild financial partnering is what a team needs most. I could care less about purse money.

12. opus one

opus one Member

Also $1500 a race weekend? for fun? I think not!

13. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Since you are a team owner, care to name that team?
    On a LW bike, we go through 3-4 rears and 2-3 fronts a weekend.
    That's for a 4 hour.
    Plus entry,practice,gate, and fuel.
    Do you change oil in your bike every race?
    :crackhead:

14. Chuck Ivey

Chuck Ivey Well-Known Member

Hey, hey , hey. come on now, no reason to get upset. I love racing, thats why I still do it. And yes you can make some money at it if you do it right. back when the contigency paid well I did very well. If you are responding to me I think you are missing the point. it does not matter what class you race in if you are just racing for fun. Just race. I for one would rather stay within my budget but thats not possible now since the powers that be trashed the affordable class and are forcing anyone who wants to race to race superbike.

15. opus one

opus one Member

Not upset, my point is that if you have to depend on contingency money to fund your race efforts then you need to rethink your plans, and the scale you plan to race on. I am curious as to how you would define "affordable" class.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I honestly don't understand what the bitching is about. At this point neither side is making a damn bit of sense in their arguments.

17. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

idea. it could be the regional endurance class people have cried for...

5/22 at miller for the west
    7/3 at grattan for the north central
    7/31 at summit for the north east
    8/6 at vir for the mid atlantic
    9/11 at barber for the south east

that's one endurance for fun, per region, while maintaining the schedule.
    at the gnf, the trophy carries the same weight as national sportsman.
    seems simple enough tho' i have little clue how difficult it is to actually manage the show.
    what do ya think?

*the mid atlantic and the north east both share the summit event on the national schedule so one of 'em had to go. since summit is more north east than mid atlantic, respectively, the mid atlantic gets booted to the cyclejam at vir.
    the southeast has two dates with the national series, 3/13 at roebling and 9/11 at barber. since no region shares the 4/10 tally national i figure why break up the flow, put the southeast at barber. this could leave the first two nats open for scrimmage endurances for the fun teams to get their feet wet.
    just a thought.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Huh? One race doesn't make a regional endurance series. With this class people can run those if they like - what would be the point of calling it a regional endurance?

19. J. WILLOW

J. WILLOW Well-Known Member

$$$$$$$$$$$$$...I QUIT.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What in the fuck are you people talking about?