1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2010 Endurance rules

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by Mongo, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

lets take that from the other side: fun class teams try it a few times, and decide to change to another class and get money. It will probably be a combination of each scenario.

2. kosta

kosta Well-Known Member

Thanks for confirming this as I sort of thought this was the deal but how can you rule out something called a "fun" class. You are correct, LW people tend to be cheap, well, except for the Ducati guys, but we do share. My bike has been shared with the asphalt by a lot of riders. I think i have a couple of more for Roebling.

3. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Agreed.

4. BiZ

BiZ a matter of weight ratios

I don't see this taking any money away from the paying events what so ever. The grids are all ready going to be more then full enough to pay, with the classes being combined. There's no more SS and SB classes. There's half the classes this year. So if the same number of bikes show up.... Simple math. Now, the few 1 and done teams that show up have a better chance at some wood. If Mongo had left the class structure the same as last year, and added the fun class, then you all would have a legitimate bitch. But that ain't the case.

5. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Didn't Mongo say earlier in this thread that people will be limited to how many times they can enter this fun class?

6. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Sean limiting the fun ... what's new? :D

7. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

8. J. WILLOW

J. WILLOW Well-Known Member

your assuming the same number of teams will show up.
    08' 25-30 teams regularly
    09' 15-20 teams
    10' I know of a few teams that are already not returning

I would like to know why regional events get a bigger attendance than the nationals? It use to be WERA Nationals was the shit, they use to get twice the attendance as a regional. where did it all go wrong?

9. lance89

lance89 Well-Known Member

I would have to say because of travel expense. you can spend a small fortune in fuel alone these days.

10. ahastings

ahastings Well-Known Member

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Eh, if they want to play that game that's fine but I think it's probably more a shot at DMG.

12. AFM555

AFM555 The Surf Monkey

I really hope we can get back to those '08 figures if they are accurate. It would be nice to compete against more teams when we show up to Miller.:up:

13. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

It's tough for most of the regulars to make Miller.I'm not sure what the "Show" money is going to be, and unless you are chasing a title, without that purse money, many just can't afford it.
    Hopefully with it being made official that there's no Moto-Gt,WERA's grids will fill back.
    I had to pull the plug on our season last year, due to there not being enough
    bikes in the the class to get paid from the manufactures.

14. Eric Konigsberg

Eric Konigsberg Eagle Racing

i agree we need more teams in all classes!
    making new class is not going to help this!!

can we get the contingency to pay out no matter how many bikes in class??

15. Eric Konigsberg

i saw 1 bike in lightweights at gratton last year!!

16. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

I doubt that :tut:

17. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

It's spelled "Grattan" Eric.

Nice signature BTW. Very telling ..

18. BiZ

BiZ a matter of weight ratios

You're not paying attention. Read the whole thread.

19. Tiggaracing

Tiggaracing Member

Im confused ....... didnt Michelin pay more money than that in the WERA Endurance series this year? Are they not doing again next year?
    Sure it's not 'cash' in hand at the track immediately after the race but the Michelin debit/credit card had the contingency money on it pretty damn fast.

20. Eric Konigsberg

thANKS FOR THE SPELL CHECK!!!

:Off::stupid: