1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2008 350GP Rules

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Mongo, Jan 30, 2008.

1. toecutter418

toecutter418 Flat Rat Racing

I went one better, replaced them with 32mm VMs! :moon:

2. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Wine slut....10-4.

Knowing when to stop modifying your bike is priceless.

To keep modifying is just....well....bumping to the next class.

I'd be willing to bet joes bike has the starter, stock chokes, and airbox removed just like mine...but did he go further?....yes....he structurally modified his chassis....

If you build a V1 bike, it should run in V1.....that is all I have said from the start.

Get a grip boys....ya cant drink wine (or beer) if you spend 10,000 hrs on your bike.....I'd bet even Buff knows that....what the hell can you do to a 350GP honda 350 for 10,000 hrs?....

Joes craftsmanship appears to be very good, no one has questioned that....its the class he chose is the point.

The beauty is, my bike fits in just fine....I'm not trying to make it one thing and call it another....

WS, I ran my points last 2 years....they did work fine. I just bought a new ignition from Mr. Harsh....cuz it was allowed, and I could feel the points starting to float as I got faster..... Stock tensioner is a rough unit sir....I agree that an upgrade is in order there.

I have NO METAL removed from anywhere in my motor. I run a stock UNBRACED frame / swingarm....the seams arent even welded (Yet).

I removed my starter and stock chokes....sorry if this is stretching things and is considered the same as structurally modifying a chassis....seriously, sorry.

Tanner, even tho Joe loves you man, you guys should step back, look at your bikes, and ask yourselves....should it really be in 350GP, or is it a V1 bike?

If you hesitate, or have to rub your chin and think about it, then talk yourself into saying "Yes"....there is a problem....sorry.

Just glad to provide some entertainment fellas......sorry for the hub-bub, but I just had to ask the dredded question "are structural chassis mods really part of 350GP?"

Good night boys....see ya at the track I hope.

3. tannermattic

tannermattic shredward scissorhands

sorry dude

my cb is a v1. i'd love to come south and play... I am just too attached to the northeast. Maybe 2009... who knows?... who cares? I really don't care.. I just like annoying people.

later:moon:

4. ttilghman

ttilghman Well-Known Member

Y...whY.

but your V-1 isn't mY V-1. and mY bike is just like Yours, OEM welds et all.

powerplant = V1. powerplant = V1. chassis mods mean nothing, or very little except some fun...theYe're all latitute. longitude onlY happens when you bore it big or port it on the waY to your Ti valves. and that's all downwind from flat-slide carbs. otherwise, we're all the same, reallY, honestlY, the chassis won't change a single podium. i smoke Joe with my flexi-frame, Tex with his worn-out stocker smokes me, Barber with his legal stocker keeps winning the points. soapboxes are for derbies, there's no need for it here. we're the onlY ones watching WERA vintage championships. we're the onlY ones who care. and mostlY, until recentlY, we're all friends.

best of luck, reallY. otherwise, i'm done.

VIR bitches-
    tt

5. racertex

racertex vintage dude

i wonder if there is a "beating a dead horse" smiley!

charliey, enough is enough. you have voiced your opinion like a dozen times. i think we all know exactly how you feel. your argument has become tired, and is borderline harassment at this point.

i feel like you should go sit in the corner till the end of the week. you need a "timeout."

tex

6. toecutter418

toecutter418 Flat Rat Racing

So Tex, who are you actually referring to in Florida in your post on caferacer.net?

those dudes need to harden the fuck up!

homeboy should be sponsored by kleenex he cries so much!

someone should call the waaaaambulance and send it down to florida!

i got a million of them, but will be here all week. try the roast beef and don't forget to tip your waiters and waitresses.

texy

7. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

Holy crap!!!!!!!!

......and why didnt you guys talk trash here? :confused:

so who needs to harden the F... up??

8. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

The sky IS falling. I know because Lizzard said so, and you can always believe what he says. :rolleyes:

You make my point and more much better than I could have about the similarities to F-RD and its eventual demise and the current cb350 debacle ...but wait, F-RD is still alive and kicking, in uscra last time I checked. And in V-2, the rules for RD's in V-2 are closer to the spirit of F-RD than what it evolved into and how a few aproached it. And there is still hope for the cb350 clas, I truly hope that things get ironed out and it survives. Vintage racing needs classes like the stocker cb350 class. As well as V-2 spec RD's.

As for Lizzard, I am afraid there is no hope for him, he is always going to be a Jackass

9. ROSKO

ROSKO the dirty Knacker

10. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

Mark, thanks for the props, we did have some fun and the the racing was always tight and clean. But I worry that you coming to my aid may harm your credibility, oops, there I go again....

The sky is falling, the sky is falling, the sky is falling

11. ROSKO

ROSKO the dirty Knacker

The way things are looking here that may be an option.:down: '78 baby, first year!!:crackup:

12. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

if you have it bring it!! gotta put drum brakes on it though.

:up:

13. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Credibility?? What's that??:confused:

14. CharlieY

sorry if stating the facts annoys you tex...I just have to wonder why...?

Who does live in florida?....or are you guys as good at reading a map as you are at reading a rulebook?:Poke:

15. CharlieY

Rosko, the bunny pancake things is well...:crackup:

Yeah dean, caferacer.net is entertaining....I've been goin there for a year or so.....recently it turned into watching the kids play in their own sandbox, like a science experiment....interesting.

Some good info over there sometimes....looks like some nice bikes also.

16. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

Hey tex-CharlieY is in communication with some of us offline and off this BBS and is somewhat acting as a spokesman.......

17. racertex

racertex vintage dude

well dean,

charliey needs to harden the f*** up!

dude is a whiner, a complainer, a malcontent.

he started this major debate, and then bitches harder when he is overruled. then when other rules are clarified by wera and he doesn't like them.....he points fingers away from himself and to others accusing them of decimating the class. the classes were just fine until he started this juggernaut a rolling.

his reaction is the equivalent to a child having a temper tantrum cause he didn't get his way. stop being such a bitch and man up!

yep, i said "harden the f*** up" and i meant it.

don't like the way it panned out this time.......? well think twice before you open your mouth again.

whether charliey is from florida, georgia, alabama, mississippi, or any of the other 46 states, it doesn't matter. he likes to accuse people of ruining things, but doesn't want to admit that his incessant bitching and protesting got him in this mess in the first place.

you all are welcome to come over to caferacer.net and post over there as well. but don't bring your lame freakin' agruments of "to brace or not to brace there." i don't play nice at home, and i don't clean up my messes there either.
    also clubmans are lame!

piss off charlieY.

face it, you lost!

tex mawby, #61x wera, uscra, vrra, ahrma

p.s. - wera33, did i bring enough for ya?

18. racertex

racertex vintage dude

charly,

then you better think hard about who is speaking for you.

the argument over bracing was defeated.

now the constant complaining about it is downright pathetic and sad.

-tex

19. drgonzo

drgonzo Well-Known Member

Tex, I don't see Charlie whining. I see him making VALID points and trying to protect a good opportunity to race a NEAR stock Honda 350 for those of us that can't afford to spend a lot. Charley HAS manned up and made his points known in an intelligent fashion which is in stark contrast to your latest posts.
    It makes all too much sense that WERA should want the most popular motorcycle ever produced to be included in their racing classes and it should be governed by a cost effective set of rules. That is in keeping with what the original bike was; a rock solid, competent motorcycle for the masses.
    Brad Padgett

20. CharlieY

What started this situation is Illegal bikes....period.

Whine all ya want tex. The issue at hand, bracing, was deemed outside of the rules. Then the rule was changed....once again just the facts.

Sad fact is everyone lost....over 1 (??) non-compliant bike....congrats sir!:up: Impressive....your BS did decimate the class, and may have gotten rid of it all together, once again Bravo.....your bikes are now legal for a class that wont exist.

Ya know, you could have been a man about it, stood up and said "Ya know, maybe we did go alittle too far", "Ok, WERA agrees" and moved on...but nooo...true colors again.....you had to affect everyone, have the rule changed, which is under revision consideration again for several reasons....

Go back to your sandbox and play in the catcrap....

I've been told you were born something (a song here), and will stay that way your whole life....thanks for confirming that.

You can now go back to running FCB again, you're cheatin there too....way to go.