1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2008 350GP Rules

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Mongo, Jan 30, 2008.

1. charles

charles The Transporter

No wiser words have been printed on this thread.
    Take heed...

2. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

sean,
    i was racing 350gp at the time theses bikes were being indexed and ask questions of several people on the vrc of proposed rules
    the intent was inexpensive entry into vintage racing by having stock motors with exceptions

ignition,
    cham chain tensioner,
    exhaust,
    std overbore for twins
    jetting changes

frame and swingarm:
    no mods except,
    taper steering head bearings,
    any drum brake,
    shocks,
    forks
    fairings allowed (added later)
    including a race seat

removing street uneccessary street equip
    all lights,
    starter,
    airbox
    side covers etc.

basically a bare bones race prepped bike without the street stuff. to be in line with the main rules it needs some sort clarification in wording.
    would have been a good thing if the final draft had fowarded to you for a proof read to make sure the references and defintions jived with the RB based on the inent of the committe guys.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Everything except the last group is covered in SS rules and the exceptions listed in the performance index itself.

As I've said, I'll be working on it yet again.

4. joec

joec brace yourself

buffs right, tims right, like i said before, just leave it all alone. no one can care this much.

jc

5. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

Joe,
    people show they care in different ways. just look at immigration reform!:)
    scott

6. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

whatever Mongo ends up with can we run whatever we've got for Tally?

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes, until the 08 book is mailed out we use 07 rules. And while I think you're all illegal according to them too you may as well keep running what you've got :D

8. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

Yet, your actions continue to contradict your printed responses. I am touched, you really do care...... Jackass.

I'm laughing at your superior intelect.

9. joec

joec brace yourself

thats the spirit!

take note charlie!

jc

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What in the hell are you talking about?

11. ringdingding

Me and your pal Gizzard are just playing a little patty cake.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ahhhhhh, try using the quote button :D

13. UngaWunga

UngaWunga Well-Known Member

While you're at it... on the website it lists this for 350GP vintage
    350 GP
    Pre 1970 2 stroke twins up to 250cc.
    Pre 1968 4 stroke twins up to 350cc.
    Pre 1969 4 stroke singles up to 350cc.
    Pre 1979 factory road racers up to 125cc.

Is that supposed to be Pre 1969 factory road racers up to 125cc?
    I think Rosko has a late 70s TZ125 that would whupass in that class....

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Don't ask me, I didn't write it :D

15. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

it was the hon mt's and yam ta's(air cooled). pretty much the ahrma f125 bikes with a drum.

16. ringdingding

Thats a big 10-4 good buddy

17. ringdingding

See, he cares.

Hoooooooowwwwwllllllllll

18. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

This has been quite entertaining!! Sorry to take amusement in others anguish, but it IS kinda funny! Ring-ding gets a little wound up sometimes when he's behind a keyboard, but he IS the only person that ever beat me on a REAL f-rd bike back in the "good ole days", so I have to back him up a little when he comments that this is going the same direction as f-rd. Come to think of it, this is SO just like the bullshit that happened in f-rd, it's uncanny! He and I were the only two(front running) guys that DIDN'T have a ton of "grey area not at all close to the spirit of the rules" shit done to our bikes. Not pointing fingers though, cuz once one person re-shapes the cc on their heads, or bores the shit out of thier cylinders, rebuilds their crank and runs pistons from another bike 'cuz their 2 mm bigger, EVERYONE (except Rich and I) has to do it to keep up. All of that "keeping up" led to the class getting axed because there were just WAY too many rules for what you could and could not do. It SHOULD have been the easiest, most simple thing on the face of the earth. Take an rd, put some chambers on it. Make sure your running filtered air, replace the bearings and bushings with something that actually works and put a decent set of shocks on it. (in my case, a set of $40 redwings that are still on the bike today, 8 years later...) No porting, no ignitions, no modified pistons, no re-cut cc's, no blaster pistons, no aftermarket mc's....you get the drift, i'm sure....
    I'll give you that Mongo's wording of the new gp350 rules IS in need of a little "adjustment". "SS spec" is a little fuzzy when were talking about bikes that were produced before half of WERA's members were born...:D Face it, everyone agrees that stock steering head bearings, swinger bushings and airboxes are pretty much a liability on the racetrack, (I'll throw tensioners in there too, even though I've never actually SEEN one and am a little fuzzy about what they actually do as REAL racebikes don't have them...) :Poke: but tell me why anyone needs a race ignition when the stock points have been proven to work fine? Removing a starter (kick or electric) doesn't bother me one bit, but removing any metal from ANYWHERE inside the motor does. Bracing frames....ugh! Do we really have to go through all of this again???:confused: Really, none of you guys may think that what you have done to your bikes is "cheating" but everytime you push for a performance advantage, be it an ignition, open carbs, braced frame, removing a starter....WHATEVER, you are all contributing to the premature demise of cb350's in gp350. I thought the goal here was to have a place for the little cb's to run without sinking too much moola into them....Wouldn't you WANT the build on the bike to be as simple and cheap as possible????:confused: That way, everyone's on the same thing, and everyone has lots-o-cash leftover for wine!!! (ok, and beer!):beer:

Ok, Rich, ready?? Join in all together now:

"THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!

:rock:

19. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

A bottle of Ruffino Chianti Cassico for the sunset followed by one of Terrabianca's Campaccio

Viva Italia! :)

20. tannermattic

tannermattic shredward scissorhands

I always love when people describe racing cb 350's as cheap. yeah... cheap cause you are not buying unobtainum.... but pricey because creative people like joe are putting 10,000 hours into their bike.

It is pretty clear to me that the only ones bitching... are the ones who are too stubborn to get off their asses and work on their bikes...

so do as buff says... and go clean out the 4 month old gas from your carbs.

later dudes:rock: