1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2003 Schedule... 9 or 10 Events?

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by SClark, Sep 30, 2002.

1. ethridge72

ethridge72 Well-Known Member

I thought the reason we have not had an endurance at CMP was the dangerous pit road exit. Now all of the sudden its ok? The exit has not been changed. Have lap times slowed since CMP was built? Or is the real reason we are going there is because Sean got cheap rent? We lose Putnam and Roebling, two of the better tracks on the schedule, but we are going to TGPR, Nashville, and CMP. In my opinion that is BULLSHIT!!!

2. Martin M

Martin M Former BRP Rider

I don't think the pit out is that bad at all. I had a stop and go penalty earlier this year and was let go right after 3 riders passed by and by the time I was entering the track they were hard on brakes and to the right and I was on the gas and to the left it was OK. The bigger problem used to be that bikes were dragging sand into T1 on their tires but that should be no problem now with the paved paddock. They even have a little parking lot that can be used for the bikes to enter the hot pit lane/track so we can get the sand off the tires before we even hit the track. It might help to have somebody to hold a yellow at the start/finish line everytime a bike is pitting out if possible.

3. AoD Jim

AoD Jim Well-Known Member

We're losing Pusnam?

Damn, I'm so upset.

:p

4. WERA872

WERA872 Well-Known Member

Hey Billy, have you decided what your new number for next year will be since I will be taking yours:p

Jeff Walker

5. ethridge72

Be careful when you take my number off your bike. I would hate for you to peel the paint off with the decal! Oh- I forgot you will be painting those plates white anyway.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And in my opinion trying to say something is unsafe because you personally don't like the tight portions of the track is bullshit so I guess we're even.

Bargy has always said he feels the pit is unsafe - he also has some personal issues there that I feel cloud his judgement. I feel that pit out is fine - if it weren't we would do stop and goes there, we'd just dock people 5 spots.

7. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Shouldn't that be wouldn't?;)

8. wera516

wera516 I am not BC61

Tom I will gladly make my services available to you for the endurance there. Please Please Please I think it would be great fun to do a endurance there. I don't want to have to put a team together for 1 endurance race all season. I got really excited to see it on the schedule.

9. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

As much as I'd love to have you ride with us we can't afford to burn up a spot on our roster so early in the season. We're looking for riders who can commit to the entire season or at least the majority of races. Jimmy and I can do a 4-hour by ourselves easy as we did the last two 6-hours of the season by ourselves. :cool:

Sorry, but our goal is to do the entire season and make a run for the championship. We learned our lesson this year about filling up the roster and won't make that mistake again. ;)

10. wera516

wera516 I am not BC61

It's official Tom you suck.... :D

I can do VIR, Road A, CMP and Barber. Work with me here.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2002
  11. WERA29

Well you didn't say that up front, you just stood there stomping your feet and crying about CMP! :p

Let me talk to the team and see what they say. I'll have my people call your people. ;)

12. wera516

wera516 I am not BC61

You better have them call the wife. Tell them to be nice but I already got the nod.:cool:

13. aod99

aod99 Administrator

You guys are switching classes?

14. WERA29

Yeah, right after we finish breaking in those new engines. :p

15. ethridge72

What it boils down to is that you have us by the balls. Since WERA runs the only Endurance Series in the U.S. if we want to play we have to play by your rules.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2002
  16. aod99

aod99 Administrator

Hey Billy,

Something tells me your 1000s don't like tight tracks much.

At least we don't go to Pike's Peak and Willow isn't on the schedule.

17. Bad Iguana

Bad Iguana Well-Known Member

That was soooooooooo cold:rolleyes:

Hey, Sam, remember that character Q in the Star Trek series? Is that who you really are? Is that Q your middle initial or your middle name?