1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2003 Schedule... 9 or 10 Events?

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by SClark, Sep 30, 2002.

1. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Ditto!

2. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I feel the same way!!!!:Puke:

3. ethridge72

ethridge72 Well-Known Member

Lets all get excited about going back to that shithole they call Talladega! Can't wait for maybe an 8 or 24 hr there.

4. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I feel dizzy already:rolleyes:

5. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

no way to get Road America, or Mid America Complex,I heard it was a cool track? Is no one running Topeka anymore? [/B][/QUOTE]
    It would just be nice not to have to travel 1000 miles to each track.I missed Putnam and Summit, but put 15,000 on my van.

6. Bad Iguana

Bad Iguana Well-Known Member

I'm off work at noon tomorrow. You'll pass right by Murfreesboro on your way up I 24. If you come through anytime after noon, give me a call if you don't mind me tagging along. 615-631-4262

7. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

You're just trying to get on Pam's good side so she won't stop by on her way to work and smack you upside the head for your Roebling comment! :eek: ;)

8. backdraftmoto

backdraftmoto I make Nissan trucks...

I might be interested too. Work # 931-728-4122 x 1276

I've seen the track and it looks good. How about it for SouthEast region if not a national?

9. JurgenW

JurgenW Well-Known Member

PPIR - you might get dizzy a little but it's a great track and an awesome facility

10. Jefe

Jefe Wannabe

Better yet, PIR (Oregon) :D

11. Renard Fiscus

Renard Fiscus Well-Known Member

How about a24 hr @Ponoco????? in the spring

12. aod99

aod99 Administrator

uh...

no.

wavy pavement, ditches, walls, and worst of all, unpleasant beligerent staff.

13. BC61

BC61 Well-Known Member

I spent a week at Beaver Run in October, great track, terrible pit out. It is a bad accident waiting to happen. Couldn't see doing an endurance there. Heck I wouldn't want to pit out any time the track is hot. It dumps you right on line at the exit of 2 with your back to track traffic, can't see what your trying to merge with. Turn 1 has very limited sight and is basicaly a combo corner with about 15 yards leading into 2.

Pit out was designed for a four mile track that is not complete yet and it dumping out onto the shorter track was somewhat of an after thought. I spoke with a couple of the investers of the track about pit out. They were concerned that they could loose business because of the design. They might consider reconfiguring it if they thought it would get them more business.

Mongo make them chande it!

14. cam2win

cam2win Well-Known Member

The midwest

Mongo,
    What about Topeka or Mid America? I saw where these tracks were mentioned before, but no real follow up. I think from the sounds of it the fathest west that most people/teams would be willing to travel would be Colorado, past that I think the costs seem to really go up. I would like to see more WERA races atleast make it a little further west in the Midwest region. I know WERA goes to Putnam and TWS, but nothing comes up north at all. What about Hallett possible? I am not sure they have enough pit room for everyone.

I will say that I have talked to the staff at No Problem Raceway (General Manager) and these people really seem willing to do just about anything that is feasible. I would imagine they would try to improve their pit facilities, but I don't know if they can move their walls. I do think that this is a good track for an early season race while the weather is cooler, in the summer it is just nasty.

I know the title is WERA for West East Race Association, but it seems that most of the races stay in the east (East of the Mississippi), not all but everything major does. It would be nice to have some races further west, such as Colorado, Kansas, Iowa, Oklahoma, etc. I think if the nation series started to make it out in this direction a little more, there will still be a good turn out. I also would like to mention New Mexico, at La Junta I believe.

P.S. I am also voting for Topeka because it is an hour and a half from my house. But the track does have a nice layout.

Anyway I would like to see more WERA National Racing out WEST.

15. WHAT...............no Savannah. It's the only track we managed to get on the box. Scott didn't toss the bike away and I didn't break anything. I'll trade you one Roebling for one TGPR even though we live right next to the place. (shithole......in case Billy's still looking)

16. ethridge72

Hallelujah!

17. ethridge72

If we have to go back to that shithole (Talladega), whats the chance of them spending a little money and upgrading the facilities. A new restroom/showerhouse and some new electrical ran throughout the paddock would make racing there a little more bearable.

18. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

What's this? Whining about needing a new restroom, shower and electricity? Ya haven't been to Nelson, I'll wager.. :D

19. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

I haven't been there since '99 and I miss it terribly. ;)

We might run a FASTTRAX 3-hour up there next year just so we keep appreciating the tracks we have down here. :D

20. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Your sick!Bring plenty of spares. HATE IT, HATE IT, HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Puke: