1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2003 Schedule... 9 or 10 Events?

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by SClark, Sep 30, 2002.

1. wsmc667

wsmc667 Well-Known Member

hey Rain Director,

you must never have been to willow!! :D what's electricity? oh, that's what comes out of the 150 generators littered all around! showers are at the motels or in the fancy motorhomes that take up 1/2 the paddock.

funny comment that the WERA acronym includes "west". maybe that was to entice west virginia racers to join the program? :rolleyes: everyones' aversion to willow is loud and clear. huth will probably end up making wsmc put on their own 24 hour if he wants one badly enough.

:) chris

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I do need to call Chris Huth and talk to him. As for Kenny's comments on RRW.com - he never tlaked to me that I remember so I'm not sure what's up with that.

I'll never rule out a 24 at Willow. There's just gotta be enough money in the purse to justify the expense for our teams. I'd still love to do one.

3. aod99

aod99 Administrator

24 hr at Willow

I think $10,000 in show/travel money for each team in the top fifteen overall would entice us to Willow.

4. wsmc667

wsmc667 Well-Known Member

hey Mongo,

welllll, kenny was talking to the riders' meeting and wasn't being interviewed by dave from RW, so that's one thing to consider.

ALSO... there is some negative feelings about willow here on the bbs. (no hurt feelings) :)

futher... there are a lot of WSMC racers that think they'd want to do a 24 hour. the thought of it is sexy, yes... but the application??? big damn difference between a 20 lap solo gt just before dusk and a 24 hour!!!!! :D

;) chris in sandy eggo

5. aod99

aod99 Administrator

2003 schedule

Ten races.

Three new endurance tracks.

Grattan back on the schedule.

Kick ass.

6. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

2003 Endurance Schedule

Very sad to lose Putnam and Roebling, especially when one of the gains is Carolina. :(

Excited about Grattan and Barber, though.

7. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

Yay, the schedule is up! Yay, we are going to Barber!!! Woo hoo!!!!!!

I'm sad to see that Roebling is off the schedule- I love that track. And adding Carolina? Stupid Carolina, I'm gonna have to deal with turn 14 for an hour-long stint! :eek: The good news is, it's close to home so I won't have a long drive at the end of the weekend!!! :D :D

8. Martin M

Martin M Former BRP Rider

Whats wrong with CMP ?? It's mucho better and more fun then Boebling and they have a great facilites + paved roads in the paddock !! I don't think too many people will miss boebling.

9. Martin M

Also looking on the schedule the Nashville date 5/9-11 is combined with sportsman and the endurance is on the 9th. Does it mean that there will be no practice prior to the endurance race or will Ed Bargy have a practice day on thursday ?

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bargy does have Thursday. Friday will be practice and the Endurance, Saturday Sportsman Sprints, Sunday National Sprints - at least for right now, things as always may change, it's only November after all.

11. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

Aw, man! The Texas weekend is the same date as the AMA finale at VIR! Bummer. Guess I won't be sticking money in anyone's shorts next year.

And AMA at Road Atlanta is the same date as the first race (sports cars) at Barber.... interesting.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You sure? I could swear I didn't have any of our Nationals over any AMA Nationals.

I'll have to look into it when I get back, things may change. Hmmm, wonder if that's why I have it all labeled tentative?

13. ethridge72

ethridge72 Well-Known Member

Did they change the pit road exit a Carolina?

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope. Shouldn't be a poblem though, we've sent a lot of stop and go sprint riders out with no problems and the Endurance guys are much better about staying left so it'll be alright.

15. Jeffro510

Jeffro510 Hand bra for hire!!!!

Maybe that isn't the finale!!!! Rumor has it that the AMA finals will be held at Barber in Sept!!!! You ain't heard it from me though...

Jeffro

16. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

CMP sucks. There's nothing fun about it.

CMP: T1 sucks, Faith Hope & Charity sucks, 130MPH Kink with uneven pavement sucks, Mulligan sucks, Bullring sucks, T14 sucks. Nice bathrooms, though.

Roebling has T1, which is gobs of weeeee!, T3 FUN, T5-6 fun, T9 FUN!. Bathrooms not so fun.

$.02

17. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

Ditto!!!!!

Okay, how's this as a consolation: Saturday night after the endurance race, we'll have a "CMP Sucks!" party at my place. :D

18. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Do you ever have anything good to say? :p

Personally I like CMP but I'm biased because it's my home track and I do well there. :cool:

I'll show you the race line so you won't feel all those bumps and will enjoy the track more Steve. ;)

19. Martin M

Dude T1 at CMP is a major lean angle (fun in my book) wide turn, if you happen to f@#k up over there lots of room to recover. Elevation changes (fun again). The tripple apex turn (I call it the bitch) is difficult but I like it. The kink is one of the most fun turns I can think of, why ? because it's scary ! I bet you didn't know that you can go thru it balls out wide open without backing off (i'll tell you a secret about that particular place). T 11 right after that eye poping braking and second gear on SV cool 4 downshifts coming in. T13 and T14 sucks because the pavement condition dictates the line but since 14 is so slow at least you can do a nice wheelie coming out :). This track has a 4 really hard braking zones - great for passing...ahhh I think I'm done know.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2002
  20. Bad Iguana

Bad Iguana Well-Known Member

Fun - NOT!!!!!!!

I do know you can go through there wide open, but I don't think I have the balls to do it again.

I'll miss Roebling because it's the track I'm the fastest at. The pavement and facilities are shit, though, and it's dangerous in the rain. Did I mention the Shell House? Definitely going to miss that place.