1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

09 GSXR1000 cranks...fail..

Discussion in 'General' started by ed who?, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

2. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

That is the tallest can of brake and parts cleaner I've ever seen.

3. Hordboy

Hordboy B Squad Leader

That pic is from the 2008 season, right?

4. Handicapped Racer

Yep and 1 can will last me for an entire engine build lol i love that stuff

5. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

That is rule book printed on it :)

6. rraiderr

rraiderr Ron Jermey Jr

Did Suzuki fix this or not on the 2012? Some say they did.

7. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

What, keeping photogs away from illegal crankshafts?

8. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Nope, the Yosh guy's just have short cranks. :D

9. rraiderr

rraiderr Ron Jermey Jr

No, did Suzuki change the crank in the 2012 1000 to address the crank failing issue?

10. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Doesn't seem to be enough for me...course I like to completely clean the inside and outside of the motor. :)

11. Handicapped Racer

All parts including block goes into a huge Cuda parts washer, so the Bc is only for assembly purposes.

12. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

I want a Cuda parts washer. :(

Quick question. What solution is used in that and does it clean the paint off?

13. kneedragger29

kneedragger29 Well-Known Member

There are 2 different solutions. One is a powder & the other is a liquid. The powder sucks.
    It depends what kind of paint you're talking about. It will take rattle can paint right off. Some stuff it will "haze" & others it won't bother. The key is if the paint is heat resistant or not. The water gets so hot you hardly need the detergent in there to do any damage.

http://www.cudausa.com/Detergents.aspx

I use mine every day, just about. You'll be surprised how few of those giant cans of brakleen you'll use. I go through a can in the time i used to go through a case.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  14. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Warnings printed in a bunch of different languages.

15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Truth

I bought a can of that Motorex Helmet fresh spray......I think the directions/warnings are written in every modern language and a few dead ones too including Sanskrit.

16. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Thanks. The type of paint is the factory paint on the motor. More curious than anything but I am in the middle of rebuilding my SV motor and the donor motor is dirty! So I figured I'd get it cleaned like this when I go to put it back together.

17. kneedragger29

kneedragger29 Well-Known Member

Most modern engine paints hold up just fine. You'll find even the most dirty modern,street going engine will come clean so fast that there is little time for paint damage.

18. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

19. TLRboy

TLRboy Member

Is the crankshaft damage a effect of the heavy flywheel? Does the broken crankshaft also come when a racing generator is used?

20. g maloney

g maloney Well-Known Member

Interesting read. Thanks for all the good info! On a similar note: does anyone have a set of cases and a head? (damaged, rusted, holes, cracks, complete garbage all ok) - please let me know