1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aprilia RS660 Reviews

Discussion in 'General' started by nlzmo400r, Oct 12, 2020.

1. G2G

G2G I feel the need

I think that guy got fired for using it. LOL

Dragginass likes this.
  2. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

Let us know what you think of the Duke once you’ve had some seat time. I’m considering the KTM 890, Aprilia 660, and Triumph Street Triple RS for trackday coaching duties.

G2G likes this.
  3. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

does it still come with an expanding plastic tank?

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

I bought a Duke 890 4 months ago and after 5 replacement counter shaft seals, an oem chain replacement, AIS sensor replacement, and numerous others issues I'm VERY happy to be rid of it, despite it being the most fun street bike I've ever owned when not in the shop waiting on parts. (a lot of which are backordered due to Covid currently). My riding buddy bought one as well, similar challenges - 2 CSS replacements, rad/housing/thermostat replacement, chain replacement (they didn't cover his), etc.. all in 4000 miles.

For me it was 6000 miles of amazing fun mixed with incredible frustration.

G2G - do yourself a favour and don't join any owners forums - it's depressing.

I'm very keen to see what the RS660 performs like in capable hands like Neeves, 44 Teeth, etc...

5. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Does Aprilia still have steaming pile of shit wire harnesses? The wire harness on my Aprilia RSV1000 was absolute junk

6. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

Dang what a bummer. And regarding the 44teeth guys - they say the review should be out soon. Despite their new guy (Boothey) pulling a Dak Prescott on his right ankle.

7. G2G

G2G I feel the need

I have a 2020 KTM 1290R superduke and I had a 2014 1290R superduke. All with no issues. Hopefully that will stay the same with this one for my wife for her 890R. She also has a 2017 Aprilia touno and a bunch of people complained about that bike we had a 2012 and now a 2017 touno and a 2014 RSV4. No issues after 70k miles. Really don't care about other peoples issues. I never had any of them.

8. nlzmo400r

Just goes to show it's a coin toss. Glad you've had trouble free time with yours!

G2G likes this.
  9. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Absolutely - wasn't inferring my issues would be universal - only that the 790/890 in both Duke and ADV forms are extremely prone to issues and poor quality control.

My two pals both own(ed) SD1290's as well with ZERO issues, and another is on his 2nd Tuno ('13 and now a '19 Factory) - no real issues there either.

Dealer sums it up as KTM priced the 790 and 890 way too low and used crap parts like the chinese CZ chain, brutal rad hoses, etc... instead of using the premium parts and vendors like they do on the 1290 series of bikes. Instead of a 12K bike it should be a 14K bike but with better components. Currently it has Brembo Stylema brakes but a chain that needs replacing after 1-2K miles - very inconsistent.

But hey, if 3rd gear power wheelies are your wife's jam - she's in for a treat! ...and those Michelin Cp 2 tires are bonkers good for the 1500 miles they last.

G2G likes this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

11. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Alot has to happen between now and April for this bike to be racing in MA Twins next year. Especially since there are currently no production models available stateside?

12. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Obviously havent ridden the 660 Aprilia yet, but on that list, for what youre saying, the Triumph 765 STRS all the way and 3 times on sunday. Let me know I have a few in stock. Come try one out then ride it home.

MotoGP69 likes this.
  13. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

@SPATT will live in his barn for about 4 weeks designing and making parts to turn it into a proper race bike! And I bet he’ll just throw on an FZ body until he gets a proper eye-talian design. The main issue will be submitting the homologation paperwork in time. I’d love to do a track day on one and just play with the electronics to see how the traction control and engine braking works for a mid packer.

14. Robby-Bobby

From what I am told by my rep, I will see them within the month.

Very excite! I have a few sold including to myself!

Gino230 and Chango like this.
  15. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Hell no. proper Eye-talian bodywork..

Monsterdood likes this.
  16. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

It’s a nice looking body for sure. Will be cool to see a race version.

17. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Are those out of the Bajaj factory in India?

18. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Do you have an MSRP?

19. Robby-Bobby

Apparently thats also coming tomorrow. Big online dealer push happening tomorrow. So much the entire Piaggio site is down. LOL But hey, this is the most action Aprilia has had since the V4 came out so fingers crossed.

Phl218 and ducnut like this.
  20. nlzmo400r

Wait, more action than the Capanord 1200? Or the Dosorduro 750 or even the Mana 850?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turbulence likes this.