1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Impending Schumer shutdown

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by G 97, Jan 19, 2018.

1. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Exactly right. Trump should simply roll over and give the Democrats whatever they want, no matter how immoral or idiotic so we can just avoid this mess.

XFBO likes this.
  2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Uhh...Trump still can't sign anything that doesn't reach his desk...

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

And Hillary still lost, and won't be president evar.

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

Remember when the Dems controlled Congress and a lot of times they wouldn’t even allow any vote. At least Trump has the stones to put this Obama DACA disaster back into the hands of Congress in order to try and hammer out a deal. He didn’t take the chicken shit Obama approach.

Let’s not forget what the center point of this shutdown revolves around, much like abomacare, DACA is yet another one of Obama’s failures that once again, Liberal Dems are trying to make Trump as the scapegoat.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I applaud the fact that efforts are being made to blunt the impact of the shutdown on the people that pay for the stupidity. They are trying to keep parks and other operations at least partially open. This is in stark contrast to shut downs in the recent past where the point was to make the public FEEL the pain.

crashman likes this.
  6. G 97

G 97 Garth

:stupid: The liberals and Dems were hell bent on showing just how important and critical government was in our lives in order to help justify their being. They actively went out of their way to make things as bad as they could on the citizens just so they could try and make it seem as though we couldn’t live with out them. Sickening. Just another reality of how liberals don’t care about the general public as long as they get theirs.

kangasj likes this.
  7. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Think she'll run in 2020? I'm wondering if she might give it one last try.

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

She may consider, health permitting. I don't think the party would support her efforts because of current controversies and related baggage. Losing again would be yet another blow to the Clinton legacy (such as it is) and I think that alone would keep her from making a serious effort. This is simply my opinion.

9. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

I really hope she does

badmoon692008 likes this.
  10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

IIRC, they used personnel to close DC attractions that required no personnel to remain open on a normal day.

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yep, they did it in Iowa as well. Parks that had no gates all of a sudden had gates constructed and locked. Places that weren’t even actively manned were all of a sudden prepaired for physical shutdown.

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Looks like they called Schumer's bluff and voted to break the "filibuster".

13. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Well trump has been brought two bipartisan proposals and shot them down after he said he would sign whatever they brought him. They're all responsible for the mess. Trump and the repubs have said they wanted a solution on DACA but keep kicking the can down the road when it comes time to do something, just like the budget, CHIP, etc....

14. brex

brex Well-Known Member

The dems are kicking it down the road by refusing to negotiate with the republicans. Little children that think everyone must always negotiate with them.

15. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

news says they agreed to terms....shutdown over...."disaster" averted.... :crackup:

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

What bill has he not signed?

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

WUT?

You may want to review what bipartisan means. I would hardly call anything that involves just a few Senators on either side
    as being a bipartisan agreement - It was clearly shown to be just the opposite as whitnessed by how many Dems voted NO.

So if they were truly bipartisan proposals as you stated - How come so many Dems voted no. The notion that Schumer presented the President with a bipartisan proposal is laughable considering that the overwhelmingly amount of Dems voted NO including Schumer himself. :crackup:

Never mind that the Dems are trying to hitch the DACA issue with the budget discussion even when Trump has repeatedly suggested to do otherwise.

Never mind, never mind that Trump can’t shoot anything down until Congress presents him with something. Liberals are a funny lot.

18. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Hey, Schumer and Graham had a proposal. That is bipartisan!

19. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

That is not what happened at all.

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Take it easy. He is reality challenged at the moment.