1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You people seem to like guns so lets talk about em

Discussion in 'General' started by redtailracing, Jul 30, 2017.

1. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Right? I don't care much what other people think of my attire, but I draw the line at a fanny pack. You actually have to give people credit for wearing one. It's an impressive level of no fucks given.

2. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Yeah I've owned a shield before and loved it. Ill probably get one before the S&W rebate goes away and see when PSA is running a special on them again

Lawn Dart likes this.
  3. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I just looked - $319.99 w/ free shipping, but they're out of the model without a thumb safety. I'm lefty, so that's a no go for me, cuz my thumb is on the wrong side.

4. Laz

Laz The New Guy

I would recommend a smaller pistol. Like someone said before, Springfield XDS models, Ruger LCP's etc. I carry everywhere I go IWB and like one of the guys said as long as you have a decent holster you should be fine and try not to pat it all the time. Mostly those that carry recognize others that carry. Everyone else is oblivious. For the most part i wear loose shirts and if I happen to wear a snug fitting shirt i will wear a button up on the outside without buttoning it up.

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

How about mom jeans and a safari vest?

6. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

What do you mean, you people? :)

bleacht likes this.
  7. jpence

jpence Well-Known Member

After your 1st week you will realize no one notices jack as long as its not exposed

CMRA 270 likes this.
  8. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

If venture to say that about 98% of the population are clueless to their surroundings. I've accidentally flashed my conceal carry when standing up at a restaurant and no one notices. That's with a full size XD 9. It's one reason I want to get a S&W shield so it's easier to conceal in the summer. In the winter I could conceal my FNX45 without a problem. I try to steal my wife's S&W bodyguard whenever I can in the summer for ease of concealment.

CMRA 270 likes this.
  9. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Now that's a good plan. All those pleats are sure to hide any bulge. Well, outside of the fupa bulge.

10. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

When I had a gun to carry, I had a H&k VP9, full size, wore in the back of my waist band. I'm rotund and wear baggy t-shirts most of the time, so never had any issue.

11. MCW

MCW Well-Known Member

FYI, the $75 rebate on the shield ended June 30th.
    The new rebate until Sept 30th is 2 additional magazines, 2 boxes of ammo and a mag charger with purchase (or $75 for only those in states with magazine capacity restrictions).

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:stupid:

13. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

P320 full size. I considered the compact but liked the feel of the full size better. Didn't think about it being an issue for carrying until afterwards.

14. redtailracing

Btw not sure if you've had the opportunity to shoot/experiment with one, but if you wanna try mine just shoot me a text or something sometime. I'd be more than happy to let you try it and even have property to shoot on. Been doing a lot of target practice lately.

Lawn Dart likes this.
  15. CMRA 270

CMRA 270 Comes here for the latest CMRA gossip

My girlfriend used to really be bothered that I carried. After 18 months or so, she doesn't even notice...

So weird...anti-gun, anti-motorcycle racing, anti-dog...she's a convert now on all three.

16. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

And yet she made it past the first date?

GixxerBlade and CMRA 270 like this.
  17. CMRA 270

CMRA 270 Comes here for the latest CMRA gossip

LOL! Hell, I made it past the first date!

18. redtailracing

That's what I'm saying. My wife grew up further north partaking in ballet and orchestra. Of course I grew up a gear head. My whole lifestyle has been very new and weird to her. But she quickly grew to love it and has never been anti anything. Loves riding on the back of my bikes now, rides the pit bike, mountain bikes with me. Only thing that makes her uneasy is the guns. She tries to hide it which I appreciate but I can tell it freaks her out a bit.

19. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Well, there's your problem :p Always harder to cc full size.

20. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Next time you come over our way, well take her up to the outdoor range and get her to fire the 50cal they have there.