1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You people seem to like guns so lets talk about em

Discussion in 'General' started by redtailracing, Jul 30, 2017.

1. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Haha I'm game.

r6boater likes this.
  2. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

We call them "shoot me first" packs! Seriously, someone mentioned it before. You'll have a box full of holsters before you find what works. Holsters are like shoes. Different ones for different occasions.

V5 Racer likes this.
  3. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Buy a compact grip module. They are only 35 bucks. since barrel length doesn't really matter for carry, it will basically carry the same. That being said, it's only going to save you a quarter inch or so. I carry the compact pretty easily and sometimes wish I had actually got the full size.

4. The

The Baddest Mofo in Town

The Shield is the perfect concealable carry gun. It shoots nothing like the other tiny guns like a XDS, G43 or PM9. You'd swear you were shooting a full size. Add the apex action and trigger and you'll be amazed.

GixxerBlade likes this.
  5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Guess what?

Time to buy a nice carry weapon. :D

6. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

So you are worried about wearing a fanny pack but will be confident to enough to protect yourself in a life or death experience?
    How does what you are wearing have to do with being tactically sound?
    This is about life or death in personal carry situations.
    LMAO. This place has some real gems lately.

Ride safe,
    AAron

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    RRP likes this.
  7. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Are drug users allowed to carry firearms?

Ride safe,
    AAron

pickled egg likes this.
  9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

^^^ :crackup:

Well played.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  10. wsmc 589

Do you think your faster drawing your weapon from a fanny pack over someone who has thier weapon in a waist band holster?

11. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

No probably not.
    I would always prefer external carry but the OP asked for options for concealed carry.
    Waist band carry wasnt working for him.
    A quick draw fanny pack with the rip cord is very efficient if you train with it. There are packs made specifically for concealment. I'm not suggesting just dropping a gun into an open compartment .
    But hey I get it might cramp some people's street cred with fashion and "man cards". Lol

Ride safe,
    AAron

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    RRP, Metalhead and V5 Racer like this.
  12. wsmc 589

Agreed on all points. Especially the "training". Well said.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  13. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

I advertise my occupation and people still argue with my suggestions. So I understand posts like this.

AB doesn't, and anything he posts regarding firearms, I read and take to heart because people in his line of work can't afford to be wrong.

Lots of people say things on this forum. Very few of them walk the walk.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  14. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I'm with you man. The G43 was just snappy as hell. The Shield is what I carry daily; I have yet to do the trigger mod but I have been told it changes the gun.
    Question for the SIG enthusiast, does it have a thumb safety? That's what I like about my Shield. I feel comfortable carrying one in the chamber but only on safe.

15. elevenn7

elevenn7 Well-Known Member

Agreed. My fanny pack is made for concealed carry and I train with it as often as possible. Went shooting last week and probably did 50 draws...hell, if I wear it out I'll buy another one. Not as effective as a good holster, but it works with summer attire. I'd rather carry with a fanny pack then NOT carry.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  16. wsmc 589

If you think I was arguing his suggestion, I wasn't. I was more interested in his take on his suggested method of carry.

You are correct, very few do. I'll assume based on your post and knowledge of AB, him and I share the same line of work.

metricdevilmoto and DucatiBomber like this.
  17. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

They make a P320 with a manual safety, but from what I've read, they're sometimes hard to come by. Until manufacturers start making them ambidextrous, I can only buy without.

18. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

My bad. I took your post differently.

19. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

AAron, I get what you're saying. I have a FP. Sometimes I wear it with nothing else on. It's very liberating.

:D

bleacht and DucatiBomber like this.
  20. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Lol. Sen-si-tive.

I'm not worried about being 'tactically sound'. :crackup:

I've carried a gun maybe 5 times in 42 years. Decided I don't want or need to. I'm not walking around worried that every person I see is gonna rob me.

I am worried about getting the occasional female to play with my junk. A fucking fanny pack will eliminate that possibility completely.

This place has some gems, indeed. I trust that your fanny pack pairs well with dad cargos and white New Balances. So you've got that going for you.