1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You people seem to like guns so lets talk about em

Discussion in 'General' started by redtailracing, Jul 30, 2017.

1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Improper training. :D

2. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Yeah if I hold one I don't think I could leave without it. Good thing I won't be in Texas In the near future

3. jkraft

jkraft Well-Known Member

Anyone have a source of 9mm target ammo for under $.20 per round?

4. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

terminus est and jkraft like this.
  5. Used2Bfast 2

Used2Bfast 2 Still in the saddle

A bud came up from Atlanta last weekend. Been lax this yr. Only my 2nd time shooting this yr. I could tell ha l see a miss on the steels in the vid. G17.

IMG_7743.JPG IMG_7744.JPG IMG_7745.JPG

6. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

My wife started with a Sig 2022 9mm. We grabbed a rental 1911 at the range one day, she shot one magazine through it, turned around and told me I could have her 9mm. Bought her a 1911 and that's what she uses now.

7. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Aghahahahaha...
    That's awesome!

8. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

She's a keeper!!! Well done man!

V5 Racer likes this.
  9. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

So I think I'm going take a ride to Bud's in Lexington Saturday and check out these used police Beretta 92S's they have for $300. Then I saw they have new Taurus copies of the same pistol for $345.

I've never owned a Taurus but I have a sweet little Beretta . 32 that I love. Is Taurus worth a crap? I do like the classic 9 Beretta.

10. luke738

luke738 Well-Known Member

The Taurus PT92? Piece of junk. Internals rattle, the grip panels are very thick, and doesn't feel anything like the Beretta in your hand. We took one in on trade at work. Stay away. A police 92 for 300? I certainly would!

Edit: piece of junk might not be the most accurate descriptor, but you will be much happier with the Beretta. I am not a fan of Taurus, but they do fine for a person who can't afford more than a few hundred for protection.

11. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Thanks, that's what I wanted to know.

I don't carry. I like to collect old military and police weapons and shoot at cans at the farm. It looks good and an old gun is like an old motorcycle to me...something to goof around with. Next I'd like to get an ex-police 6906 Smith. Just to plink with.

12. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

13. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

Taurus may not make the nicest firearm, but they have a lifetime warranty. As in you buy a used Taurus and it has a problem, contact Taurus, ship them the gun, they fix it and send it back to you. Not many other manufacturers wii do that.

The Taurus pt92 is made in the same factory on the same machines that the Beretta m9 was made on. Taurus bought Beretta's factory in Brazil.

Taurus may not be the nicest, but they do stand behind their product. The pt111 and 709 series are popular for budget defense weapons. They may not be the best range toys, but they are not bad.

ToofPic likes this.
  14. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

My Pt 111 shoots just fine at the range? Yea its priced cheap,but shouldn't have any problem putting lead into someone with it?
    I don't think some scum bags going to need a receipt on what I paid to put lead in his ass.

terminus est likes this.
  15. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

years ago the Taurus PT101 was my first pistol. I had always wanted the 92 Beretta but I wanted a 40 and stainless and at the time they didn't make one. So the PT101 was what I got. adjustable sights and as terminus pointed out it was made with the old Beretta tooling. Given the choice I would have bought a "real" one but I've put countless rounds downrange with the 101 and never had a hiccup. Still have it and it sits in a drawer in my bedroom ready to roll.

not the most tactical thing but I like the stainless and adjustable sights were just the icing on the cake. I also have the little TCP 380 for carry and no issues with it either. Goes bang when I pull the trigger. Those are my only Taurus pistols but I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one. Usually they can take a few rounds to break in, but I always shoot mine before I store them just to make sure they are good to go.

16. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

Was just saying the pt111 is not the best target pistol, when one is trying for accuracy. Something full framed with a longer barrel for the range (Cz75). Pt111 is a great little gun, I'll pick one up someday.

ToofPic likes this.