1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You people seem to like guns so lets talk about em

Discussion in 'General' started by redtailracing, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, fairly often. Smokes, phone, even water bottles and such, especially running back and forth to the tower at the track.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Damn skinny people.

IWB, small of the back, left handed holster so it works for my right hand.

3. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

If I'm going to be in the car more than 10 minutes it goes into a vehicle mounted holster.

4. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I need to look into these. My carry is perfectly comfortable in a vehicle, but faster access would be nice, just in case.

5. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

Appendix works just fine, in fact, better in a car than 4 o'Clock. Try drawing your pistol in a hurry at a 4 o'Clock carry.

The trick with appendix is to keep the seat belt low and your shirt untucked, over the pistol and seat belt. Hell, there have been a few times at night in shady areas where I was approached in my vehicle by another person and had my right hand on the grip, ready to draw and defend if need be and the people were none-the-wiser. Turns out one person needed gas (or they said they did) and the other one wanted me to help them jump their car. I didn't have cables or I would have.

6. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I use the Blackhawk quick disconnect. Ring mounts on console, under dash, whatever and the other piece on a holster. Only drawback is having to move the weapon from one holster to another (you can put a receiver on a paddle holster and use it like that but it's freakin' huge).

Aliengear makes a cool bracket for their paddle holster where the whole holster goes in (so only one holster) but I've already spent the dough.

[​IMG]

7. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I would use a separate holster and move the guy from one to another. I dont use a paddle holster and regularily transfer my gun from holster to lock box anyways.

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It's the transfer I don't like. Seems like a big hassle, not to mention the risk of somebody seeing you handling it.

9. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Crossbreeds IWB work great for me. Usually put them just behind 3 o'clock. My usual CCW is my Baby Eagle .45. My 2nd ccw is a M&P9 full size also in a crossbreed holster. My LCP's crossbreed holster is an OWB one though but since the things tiny as hell, it still disappears under a shirt. Hell if they'd make a IWB holster for my Desert Eagle I'd carry that. :D

10. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Honestly not worried about in the vehicle. It fits just fine in a couple places with easy access and I don't mind transferring. I do it while standing inside the door. If someone sees it and don't like it then that's their problem for being nosy.

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I just messaged my friend in Croatia about the fanny pack thing. Surprise, it's a thing over there lol. I had no idea.

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

They go great with track suits.

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I can't say how your gun is designed, but none I've ever seen had fingers. :Poke:

14. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Oh and as far as cargo shorts, I wear them daily at work. They're very handy. Only a pain when they get hung on stuff

DucatiBomber likes this.
  15. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

Having worked plainclothes for over 15 years, I'm amazed at how people will go about their daily lives and hardly notice anything.

V5 Racer and DucatiBomber like this.
  16. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Such a true statement.
    Especially in suburbia and places like malls, shopping centers, etc.
    Now try and transfer a gun in the "hood"... Well... That's another story :crackup:

Ride safe,
    AAron

wsmc 589 likes this.
  17. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

When we were in Charleston least year we went to the aquarium and they had a no guns allowed sign. So since we parked far away I told my wife and mother in law id take our ccw's back to the truck. Wife casualty handed me hers and I put it in my pocket. My mother in law acted like a criminal and the hand off was the most awkward thing ever and looked super shady took anyone else if they had been watching. Nothing though... I tend to avoid situations like that but people are so oblivious.

wsmc 589 and DucatiBomber like this.
  18. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

It's not a big deal for me, but then again I carry OWB exclusively. Phone comes out of cradle and goes into pocket, pistol comes out of fixed holster and goes into carry. Wouldn't do it if someone is standing outside watching me but then again that's never been an issue. I will say I'm more comfortable doing it with my Sig as I cover the hammer while I'm moving it, I can't do that on the BP9CC as it's striker fired.

I will say the more I look at the Aliengear mount for their paddle holsters the more tempted I am. Hey, some more holsters for the bucket LOL

https://www.amazon.com/Cloak-Dock-OWB-Holster-Mount/dp/B01N6V5JUP

19. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

I think a lot of times it's people's faces. If you have a look on your face that's saying "oh shit I'm doing something shady" people tend to pay more attention. If you have a look of "nothing to see here just swapping out guns into a purse" regular folks go back to their preprogrammed lives.

The average day citizen looks at faces.... not hands.

20. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

I would caveat to say, those that are actually paying a little attention do that. Most are so oblivious or stuck reading their phones to be bothered with anything else.