1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EPA is out of control

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by gixxerreese, Dec 15, 2016.

1. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Climate change deniers are the ones that ignore the real scientific data and instead are brainwashed to believe the idiotic models that are fed faulty data.
    The earth's climate would be no different without man's miniscule input. Should we treat the environment responsibly? Absolutely, no question. But the man made global warming bullshit is just that.

gixxerreese and speeddaddy like this.
  2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm by a lot of the definitions that the left throws out a climate change denier.

and don't tell me what I ignore or that I'm brainwashed or any of that other stupid shit that is thrown out to try and shout me down.

In Your Corner likes this.
  3. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

He is just using the approved language of the useful idiot.

brex likes this.
  4. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Global cooling->Global warming->Climate Change.... sounds more like a politician than science

5. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Oh noes!

More predictions of doom. DOOM!

Can I make a prediction? None of those cataclysmic extinction level events ol' Chicken Little prognosticates on will materialize.

Just like none of the previous hand wringing jaw jacking predictions did.

7. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Here are a few questions I like to ask those egotistical enough to think Man can control the Earth:
    1 - what is the Earth's optimal temperature, and why?
    2 - what can man do to change that, and for how long?
    3 - why has the Earth been both far warmer and far cooler both in man's history and pre-history?

Fact is, the man-made global warming scam is all a political religion used for control. Nothing more.

8. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

We can all have our opinion on Global Warming and its reasons but this one escapes me entirely.

Used for control? It's a pretty odd tool to use for control. Or not a very strong one.

Shit, OPEC -on a bad day- has ten times more control on our lives...

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Still waiting for that coming ice age climate scientists were all atwitter about in the 70s.

10. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

hence the fear mongering about climate and big bad carbon

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

How's your sex life?

Thank you, I'll be here all week, don't forget to tip your waitress, but don't let her spill my drink. :D

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Well played.

13. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

And all that was such a successful political control exercise....

14. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Seriously?

https://www.carbontax.org/ Have at it.

15. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Man is a mouse nudging the climate steering wheel, while mother nature is still driving the bus. Climate change has always happened and will always happen. Thinking we can change our behavior to significantly impact that is folly. Now, we can talk about spending money on how to prepare for and adapt to climate change, but please stop wasting billions trying to stop the inevitable. One massive volcanic eruption (of the size we haven't seen in a few thousand years) and we will be all cold again. Not to mention it will probably put more carbon into the atmosphere than man has for the last 150 years and all in one shot. Heck, even the climate scientists are saying it is too late to change and warming is coming. OK, so lets stop trying to stop it and figure out how to adapt to it just like the people did during the little ice age (poorly), and warm periods (when human life and species diversification thrived) of our past. I am still waiting to hear why this warming period, assuming that there is one, will be a bad thing when every previous warm period has been a time when life thrived. Droughts in the plains of Australia for a few years was one example the "Climate Scientists" liked to give. They were ended by torrential rains one year and close to average rainfall the year after that.

When "Climate Scientists" actually start acting like scientists, I will start listening to them. All they do now is shout down, bully and fire those that disagree. That isn't how science operates. In real science, you take the criticism, welcome it. Find ways to explain it or change your theory to include it if it is valid. All "Climate Scientists" do is shout louder that their side is right and "deniers" are wrong and should be banished from the scientific community.

beechkingd likes this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Denying climate change is indeed stupid. Denying that it's all caused by man is not.

So it all depends on what you mean by climate change.

All of the people I know who are against the Al Gore ecoblackmail and so on are still supporters of living cleaner and taking care fo the planet. Just doing so within reason.

17. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

OPEC tried to control the price of oil with side effects
    Green Madness Purveyors want control what you eat, where you live, how you heat your home, transfer wealth and all by force of law. Oh and those laws do not apply to them (think Gore and his mini me from Titanic and how the jet about and live in mansions)

Further the models have all gone more than 3 sigma out now vs reality. They are constantly 'adjusting' the data in different ways and yes even changing the name of what to panic about. Most con man have better skills.

18. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I can't wait for things to get warm. Up north, we'll be basking in a mild sun, gleefully romping through pristine meadows of former perma-frosted tundra while, down south, y'all be languishing in the explosive growth of bacteria, virus and disease spreadin' vermin. :D

Maybe it'll sort us all out, the dead and the undead. :crackup:

19. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

RE: Climate change... you guys get too hung up on the semantics.

Yes, the earth's climate is changing. Yes it always has, and always will continue to do so, with or without human intervention.

Science has indeed shown that humans are accelerating this change.

This is a good visual: https://xkcd.com/1732/

I'm of the opinion that we should definitely take care of this place as much as we reasonably can, but the EPA goes overboard.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

XKCD is cute but doesn't go back far enough :D

The bets one he ever did is this one http://xkcd.com/386/