1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving to the South

Discussion in 'General' started by Trent, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Only up to a certain amount. Like, you won’t pay that high sales tax on a vehicle.

And your tag is cheap. When I got the tag for the SVR it was like $47. In Mississippi (for example) the tag on a 6-figure vehicle will probably be like $5,000 or some shit. It goes down each year as the vehicle depreciates, but not drastically. If the tag was $5k new, then the next year it might be $4,800.

And it varies by county. Some are 9.75, some are 9.25, some are 9, so on and so forth.

2. 713

713 Well-Known Member

Both places are cool! You should check out Weeki Wachee too. It's about 30 minutes South of CR.

3. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Been there too . Nice little restaurant/ Bar overlooking the river called the upper deck ( I think ) across the river is a park with Hotties playing volleyball. Great place to have a beer :beer:

713 likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sorry, slap full up.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agreed and I live a block from 20. Need to build the outer loop too.

6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

No to both. We don't need another perimeter. Keep the rural areas rural.

7. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Not according to all the new houses going up.

Heck i know of one for sale in Bradshaw Estates if anyone is looking. Isnt on the market yet but my buddy bought a place on Allatoona so his current place is going to be for sale.

See plenty of room....:D

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All the new shit is full before they even get done. It is ridiculous.

thrak410 likes this.
  9. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

People need to quit bragging how great it is here. Also, the cost of houses closer to the city and the fact that people aren’t commuting to work any longer make it more appealing to buy a huge house out here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Trent

Trent I just wanna ride motorcycles and eat pizza

Yes, NorCal, small town of about 10k in the foothills. Career is in financial services but a living wage is what really matters. No kids. We are 50 and 47 years old.

11. Trent

Trent I just wanna ride motorcycles and eat pizza

Thank you - I should have mentioned the availability of good twisty roads. :) My drive to Laguna Seca is 4 hours, Sears Point (Sonoma) is 2, as is Thunderhill. SoCal tracks are 5-8.

12. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Bring $800k with you and I'll sell you a nice pad in Cumming just off the lake...

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Fuquay Varina (disparagingly referred to as Fuckway Vagina) which were, at one time, two separate towns. It's not so much "in the sticks" anymore.

14. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Have to keep the women working! You're still working for a commercial contractor correct? You'll be alright.

rd400racer likes this.
  15. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

im looking in prescott area (relocating out of you know where...) and the price to build is astronomical. spent a week out there in early october, did a few days in sedona actually. pink jeep tour was fun. anyway, to your point, building seems out of the question for me but i do love the area and i also dont bring bullshitass* politics with me.

*to use a Broom phrase

Wingnut likes this.
  16. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Not worried in the slightest. She's getting a monster package, has a consulting business on the side with a 3 year utility contract and already has another job. Put simply, this woman doesn't fuck around. I will miss the amazing perks we had for 15 years. I'll probably never experience anything like that again. Shit...I'm looking to retire:D

Razr likes this.
  17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Been happening big time back in buttscrew PA with people from NY. A house goes on the market and it sells within a week at full price. People escaping NYC and telecommuting.

But winter is coming and I bet 1/3rd are gone by summer. Froze to death, got eaten by a bear or can't handle it. Usually 2/3rds are gone (going from history) by year 3. :crackup:

18. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

And "bless your heart" LOL

19. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

If you did the Pink jeep tour to Broken Arrow my house is just down the road from that trail

Attached Files:

20. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

Yep, that's the tour we did. Amazingly beautiful area! Hopefully I can find a suitable property in the neighboring county.