1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Round 6 |MotoAmerica Superbikes at New Jersey | SEP 11-13

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I assume the Twins cutoff is at 110% to drive up the grid size and have a bit more of a show for spectators (and to help grow the new class). Just for reference, if the cutoff this weekend was 107% for Twins, we would have had 12 bikes on the grid (instead of 18). For TV, that might not have mattered other than just seeing 4 rows of bikes at the start and everyone here would be talking about how to get bigger grids. Maybe if WERA, CCS, and MA didn't end up with big events on the East Coast on the same weekend, they each would have been better.

BigBird and Gino230 like this.
  2. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

For my page, it's on the NJMP (continued) lineup - I had to hit the arrow once to see more vids, but it's there.

3. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Easy Gino. I had a :D after that suggestion. It wasn't serious and I am pretty sure even if I was no one at MA would take it seriously. The last thing the series needs is unnecessary complexity in the rules.

They could tighten the rules back up to make it more affordable again, but not sure how they do that and keep the performance balanced and also not tick off everyone that just spent a bundle building out bikes for this year. Would probably turn into the MT-07 cup if they left it stock motors.

Props to M4 / RRW / SportbikeTrackGear for putting Landers out there on a well prepared machine. Hopefully 2 class championships running away, provided current trends continue, will lead to a good ride next year no matter what happens in the RBR Cup.

Gino230 likes this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Anyone say what happened to Elias' eyebrow? :D

cav115 likes this.
  5. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

It's all these damn interviews... I want to watch the damn race before I watch any interviews. LOL

I FOUND IT!!! Holy crap

6. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I heard he passed out drunk at a party, got his eyebrow shaved and someone put their balls on his forehead.

7. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

:crackup:

8. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

lol, THAT`S BEEN LIKE THAT FOR A WHILE

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I think this is gonna be like the running mystery for the entire year (although I could've swore it's been like that since late last season).

We may need to hire Colombo to figure this one out.

EDIT: I just checked his IG and it looks like it starts thinning out as far back as spring 2019. Is there like MPB for the eyebrows?
    https://www.healthline.com/health/eyebrow-hair-loss

10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Leave the man's eyebrow ALONE

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

12. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

It is alone. The other one left.

Hotfoot, cav115, Senna and 5 others like this.
  13. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Agreed. I'm not complaining, just telling it how it is.

That is the series' decision. They can make a 108% rule like they have for Supersport. They obviously want riders in the field up to 110%. Same in Stock 1000. They need the grid size, I guess.

Every series needs grid fillers :)

SuddenBraking and YamahaRick like this.
  14. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I appreciate your positive prospective on this topic. It's a breath of fresh air compared to the usual whining and bitching. I tip my hat to you.

cav115, BC, SuddenBraking and 2 others like this.
  15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I know, right?

2blueYam likes this.
  16. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

Attached Files:

17. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

We have 4 SVs, We're selling 2. SSTK1000 and twins cup is the plan for 2021. We will run an SV alongside an Aprilia RS660 that we have been tasked to develop

There is talk about dumbing down the engine spec for twins cup in the interest of cost savings. There are $10.000 engines running in the class now. Silly..
    Nothing can be done until the prilia hits the dyno, then its up to MA to balance the bikes. Honestly, I dont see them putting in the work to do it correctly.
    We have built MA spec SVs, FZ07s, and Kawi 650s. Once we get the Aprilia, and put it on the dyno, we will provide the data to MA, if they want it.

18. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Hey, Mike - what do you think is holding back the Kawi? If the rule book is as open as has been discussed, I would have thought we'd see more of them. Also, I could have sworn Robbie Floyd said you lived near Millville, NJ now.

19. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Me! Lol... I’m holding back the Kawi. It would be a solid top 10 bike in the right hands and maybe top 5 if there was a little development in it to play with cams, timing, exhaust and intake. Filice’s Kawi is down on power and has most of the OEM parts still installed (He uses a key fer gawdssakes)....

20. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Robert Fisher built a very strong Kawi motor, but it hasn't been raced yet as far as I know. So the engine has potential. Sucked to see a fast guy like Filice struggling so badly on that bike.