1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sh@t that never works for you...

Discussion in 'General' started by Hyperdyne, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

+1 I just use my chain "breaker" as a pin press now. I think they are called chain "breakers" because the tool does that if you use them that way.

BigBird and TX Joose like this.
  2. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

To be fair, my wife does OK. It's definitely me, although I did improve quite a bit when I had the toy hauler. Still, after watching people who can... I'm awful. The lawn guy does it by himself. Last time I tried that method, it required a call to Allstate.

BigBird likes this.
  3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

You do realize that it's not for sandwiches...

[​IMG]

Phl218, Robin172, Razr and 1 other person like this.
  4. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

Sprinkle inside the spool and on the newly wound line with baby powder or cornstarch.....

Sabre699 likes this.
  5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, but generally for F1. They don't often offer it for bikes. I'm guessing they don't have enough volume over here to make it worth it.

6. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I’m a pro at buying used race bikes...............just not reliable ones:D

Cajun Kid, BigBird and Sabre699 like this.
  7. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Figuring out what drug taken or lobe of the brain was damaged reading a post from @Metalhead

8. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Conspiracy theories....

I understand they exist.

I just don't get them....

9. wiggeywackyo

wiggeywackyo Well-Known Member

I honestly didn't know there was another way. Seems like common sense to me...

10. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Has anyone said camper awnings yet? My god, I hate those things. One tried to kill me at Roebling. It broke in a small breeze and launched one of the legs about 50 feet on the air.

11. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Anyone said

Marriage

Yet?

Wingnut likes this.
  12. ronin1052

ronin1052 Well-Known Member

Touched a nerve there. While building our house, wifey's grumpy, patronizing, know-it-all Navy Chief grandfather strongly suggested wall-hung, low-flow toilets.
    "Don't use any water. Easy to clean under."
    Don't flush worth a damn, either. Got one at the far end of the house, marginal slope for effluent return.
    Low head height and convoluted flow path = poor bowl rinsing and regular double-flushes.
    17 years worth. Ugh.
    Was sorely tempted to toss those fvcking things in the hole with him when he passed last year, but the logistics didn't work out.

BTDT. Still do. Regularly.
    Either the Universe has chosen to mete out Karmic retribution without end for some past misdeed, or I simply lack the gene to deal efficiently with these items. Good Lord, the suffering!

Chalk me up as another weedeater-spool victim.
    Instrument of The Devil!

Sabre699 likes this.
  13. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Try the red pill next time.

14. HAZE

HAZE Group Therapy

Always a reason why people sell race bikes

15. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Love my Stihl equipment. I have a little over an acre of turf plus woods to manage. Everything I buy, I buy the professional grade version of Stihl and that includes the 91 string strimmer. My belief, if it's designed to be run 8-10 hours a day, 6 days a week by a landscape crew, it'll be the last piece of equipment I have to buy as long as I maintain it.

Love it and I have the blade for it. My suggestion on the blade....do not get the traditional looking circular saw blade...it sucks. They make a triangle looking one....go that route.

rd400racer likes this.
  16. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Yup...

[​IMG]

TurboBlew and britx303 like this.
  17. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Kiss it.

18. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Liftoff

19. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Ummmm.......it tipped over in the garage.......yeah that’s it. It’ll buff right out:D

20. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

The red pill? Judging from the Qtard drivel, it may be a bit too 'mushroomy' for my taste.... :D