1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sh@t that never works for you...

Discussion in 'General' started by Hyperdyne, Aug 20, 2020.

1. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

There's a youTube for almost everything! :D

2. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

As someone who works in food packaging machinery industry....those can do go “wrong” it takes a certain amount of temperature, time and pressure.

If operators fuck with the settings it can seal too well...and of QC isn’t paying attention shit ton of product can go out the door with seals “cooked” too long.

same with those “lift corner and peel” packages.

I can have those suckers seal so well even Superman ain’t opening it up without destroying the package.

3. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I got to admit, the only package I have dealt with lately with such a seal is the Tropicana bottle. Which works fine!

4. Phl218

Phl218 .

MotoGP predictions

BigBird likes this.
  5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Arguing on the internet.

6. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Picking MV in MotoGP fantasy league

Trainwreck and Phl218 like this.
  7. Phl218

Phl218 .

take the troll side

BigBird likes this.
  8. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

I was able back my 24' trailer up my curved 300' driveway and make it to it's parking spot in one try. That's happened once and no one was there to see it other than my 8 year old. Usually it takes a couple of tries because it's got a turn at the top of a hill and there are several people with me...

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

watching an NBA game

10. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Coming up with a name for "The Washington Football Team".

Phl218 likes this.
  11. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I believe this is an innate skill. Sure you can coach it up, gain experience and whatnot. I used to walk from the Port Authority to midtown NYC, and every morning pass the NYT trucks backing into their bays, on side streets, one try, smooth as silk, with less than a foot on each side.

I learned to parallel park on DC streets, uphill, downhill, using the clutch...but that was necessity overcoming lack of talent. But I sent a garden trailer fishtailing all over a parking lot, would have been better off if I disconnected it and carried it into the spot.

Then there are nauseating, lol, people like @fastfreddie, who just innately make it seem effortless. Trucks, trailers, RV's, boats, stuff hooked up, his vehicle, other people's, doesn't matter.

Sickening. :p

12. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

If I ever meet you in person I'll have no choice but to break you legs or something for the evil which you shit into the world. Mordern packaging sucks. Nothing like the bag, that you have no choice but to cut open, because your aren't hercules and can't generate a planets gravity worth of force to open it. Then the moment you use the zip seal if won't unseal but will happily tear away from the package wall to which it was clearly poorly attached.

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your testicle hair.

beac83 and Phl218 like this.
  13. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Lol. Dont blame me...i just install and setup the stuff the first time...blame the companies paying the bare mininum for operators that run that machinery. "pay bananas and you'll get monkeys" is one of our mottos.

These fuckers wont pay an extra 50c an hour to an operator but will gladly waste thousands of dollars in reruns, wasted film, product, trays etc from a shitty operator who just DGAF.

beac83, Phl218 and jrsamples like this.
  14. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

Self Service Kiosks. They are the work of the devil.

15. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

I don’t understand why but I swear everytime I need a red light for some reason or another like to reply to a text or put my money back in my wallet or whatever. If I need a red light every single one of those bastards will be green. It’s unbelievable, when I want them all green because I’m in a hurry it’s more like a 50/50 chance but if I need a red light it will not happen. That’s the only thing I can think of that NEVER works for me.

black knight and auminer like this.
  16. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Then grill it :clap:

17. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

This summer it's been my putter. Effin thing has let me down every, damn , round.

tl1098 likes this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You need to start with a good idea and go from there. Lots of people have gotten me to change tons of things over the years.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wait, are people truly using them without grinding the rivet heads off first?

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Stretch them out straight before rolling them up.

turner38 likes this.