1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Beer Thread V2

Discussion in 'General' started by Senna, Jun 2, 2020.

1. bigtime

bigtime Well-Known Member

2. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I've done it when I have lived in places that didn't sell beer, but I can buy beer almost as cheap, way more convenient and my beer sometimes lacked consistency. I had a few batches that I had to relegate to making bread and such.

bigtime likes this.
  3. ton

ton Arf!

i brewed a bit 20+ years ago and quit for some of the same reasons. though in those days, a bad batch just got distilled into an odd whiskey/moonshine ;-)
    have to admit that with beer prices being astronomical in Utah, i'm kinda itching to start back into homebrewing.

bigtime likes this.
  4. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

I normally don’t stray from Dos Equis or Shiner/Shiner Light but I saw this at the store today...it won’t replace my go to but for grilling and hanging by the pool I definitely approve. :beer:

Cannoli likes this.
  5. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Why do hipster-dufas-wizard-beard-havin' micro brew wanks feel they have to have a ton of beer selections that they stuff fruit or botanicals into? Leave beer be beer.

Sabre699 and Metalhead like this.
  6. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Refreshing, huh? I wish it was available all year round, but as a (semi)sour, its a seasonal thing.

Glad yo hear you liked it! :beer:

7. Phl218

Phl218 .

I have started out with the craft-a-brew fermenter and kits

Now I buy the ingredients at my local brewery (not cheaper) but I also brew less often.

I did it for the $, wasn’t willing to spend $12 for a sixer of Franziskaner Hefeweizen.

the Hefe brew kit is $35 and yields almost 5 gallons. Tastes great and is very satisfying to drink your own beer

bigtime likes this.
  8. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Oops forgot to add Negra Modelo.

mmm Mexican dark beer.

9. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

The next by God president of the US right here.

DrA5 likes this.
  10. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Beer is for babies, vodka and rum are where it’s at. :D

11. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I will point out that hops are a botanical.

Why is it skin off your nose regarding the production of things you don't like? It's not like this has somehow significantly reduced your choices.

So...who wants to talk Graf Viennas?

Cannoli likes this.
  12. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Beer is what I drink to get my gullet ready for the onslaught of bourbon that will follow.

bleacht and Sabre699 like this.
  13. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

:stupid:
    Homebrewing is more involved than I prefer. The kits are just what I need for 5 gallon batches. That’s about 50 or so 12 oz bottles.

14. Phl218

Phl218 .

or 10 growlers. which is nice, then you can say, " i will have a beer" and have a lot of beer in your beer. :D

once you have the process down, it's actually straightforward.

15. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I started using more 22oz and larger bottles. It quickens the process.

Phl218 likes this.
  16. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I started using kegs early in my brewing (1986) and have only bottled for small transport, gifts and competitions. I have acquired 4 minikegs (2.5-3 gallon) that are quite handy. My brewlength is typically 45 L or about 12 gallons. If you get serious about brewing, draft is a very logical extension.

17. Phl218

Phl218 .

i like the flip top grölsch 32 oz and growlers, but for some batches i still resort to half liter or 10/12oz

18. Phl218

Phl218 .

i have considered a kegeratror or even a hard line up into the kitchen (from the basement)

let's see when i'm fed up with sanitizing bottles

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Damn, some of you are way too serious about beer to the point even the IPA wienerheaded snobs are talking shit about you. :D

Here I am hoping that Miller someday brings back Meister Brau and you all are running tap lines in your houses from your beer chill room to the kitchen. :crackup::cool:

20. Phl218

Phl218 .

on a hoppy hipster note: my hops are exploding this year.
    looking to have several ounces to harvest soon.