1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clean water act

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Buckwild, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Just so we're clear, I'd be 100% OK with him torching every single law on the books that hasn't taken the proper path to becoming law, regardless of the body of the law or it's protections.
    Make the legislature be held accountable to their base. If it's a bad law, it will fail. If it's good, it will pass. If the voters disagree, their voice will be heard at the ballot box.
    Things like this are why this country has gone sideways and people resent big government overreach.

brex and Banditracer like this.
  2. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

What's good for the environment? So the earth is more important than human life?

I'm out - sorry, but go back to learning things from Greta. Yes, you sound that ignorant when you make statements like the one I just quoted. Sorry man, as I know you are a very good guy.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I don't hear anyone clamoring for polluted air, ground or water. I don't see people protesting for prolific waste of natural resources. MOst people I know endorse responsible use of resources. The problem is where do you draw the line?

I know that the current regs are far more restrictive than is reasonable, IMHO. When a homeowner far from a navigable river or stream can run afoul of the Corps of Engineers, the overreach is obvious.

cav115 likes this.
  4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

tony 340 and brex like this.
  5. Venom51

Well one could make the argument that one can survive without the other. So which one is really more important in the big scheme of things? The planet can survive without humans. Humans currently can't survive without the planet.

6. brex

brex Well-Known Member

It's already been hit on, but a single individual deciding to steal authority from the states and give it to an inept organization that doesn't do as good a job as the state organizations simply because he's an egotistical fuck is yes, indeed, a power grab.
    Rolling it back is precisely the right thing to do.

Banditracer likes this.
  7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The EPA has far too much power and should be gutted.

8. joec

joec brace yourself

I just want to be able to buy good paint thinner again.

cav115 likes this.
  9. 650 RACER

650 RACER Well-Known Member

I had the county turn the 3 acres you see in the photo into a protected wetland overnight. This was prior to any roll back of the clean water act. Not even a site visit as far as I can tell (locked gate). I have 2 reports from wetland biologists stating no wetlands on site (one report from when the acreage was split 10 years ago and one report prior to building). It was s a requirement prior to splitting & building to have this done. Didn't matter. The city/county now own the acreage just like that. Cant do anything with it but pay taxes on it. Cant build a barn, cant build a flat track etc... There is no water anywhere near my property. Now its on me to spend whatever it takes to fight this unfounded decision. Talk about over reach. Now if there was a pond or stream here or something that was an actual wetland I would leave it be. Fact is its flat pasture land that has been used for agricultural purposes since the beginning of time.

Now I have to go through SEPA and an archaeological study because overnight someone looked at an aerial photo and said its a wetland. Just more extortion.
    I wish I was making this up.

Attached Files:

YamahaRick likes this.
  10. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Time out- are you suggesting that protecting the environment is not closely aligned with the health and wellness of its occupants? Please tell me I misread that.

11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

It takes about 10 minutes of reading to educate yourself on this subject.

Why do you hate children?

Steeltoe likes this.
  12. Venom51

Simple as this...

Any reduction in the size and reach of government is a good reduction.

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:clap::flag:

14. kangasj

kangasj Banned

I've heard from some local farmers that if the feds decide to declare any of your land "wetlands" you can't do a thing with it.....maybe other than hunt on it.

15. 650 RACER

650 RACER Well-Known Member

Enlighten me. I've read more on the subject than I care to admit. I'm all ears.

16. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

I'm hoping to get educated here...:D

17. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Yanno, I agree with you in theory. But now I’m going to ask for proof that this is the case.

18. FZ1guy

FZ1guy Hey...watch this

OK, I'll give you one, but you won't ever understand it if you haven't had to go through it.
    I wanted to build a 6 acre pond on MY property. The ACoE said no. The EPA said no. Neither could give me a good reason. "Because I said no" is all I could get from them.
    I spent thousands of dollars, several years, and actually had to involve my Congressman before I got the OK.

Buckwald, it is obvious that you care about the environment, but you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about with regard to the Clean Water Act.
    Just like the Affordable Care Act is not about Affordable or Care, the Clean Water Act is not at all about Clean Water.
    If you haven't had to deal with this issue directly, you have no idea.

YamahaRick and Steeltoe like this.
  19. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

:dead:
    And I as well. I have my opinions, but I’m truly interested in what folks think and why. I have no skin in the game- I drink beer. :timeforabeer:

cav115 likes this.
  20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Which requires water...why are you anti-beer?

YamahaRick likes this.