1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clean water act

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Buckwild, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Yup. Need another thread for the Endangered Species Act. Some things weren't meant to survive or there wouldn't be enough planet for everything. It's good within reason but declaring a few thousand acres off limits because of 5 lizards is silly and not far from the truth.

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

While on the other hand, you create special rules so windfarms can dice up bald eagles at no cost.

Ducti89 likes this.
  3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Who's been in charge there for the last couple decades? Perhaps it's time for them to start voting differently in Flint.

Ducti89 and A. Barrister like this.
  4. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Not exactly true...there were several of the Koch Bros projects that Conservatives didn't like...no I will not "cite"..research it for yourself for error free reading.

G 97 likes this.
  5. G 97

G 97 Garth

Never said other wise. The author of the article is currently associated with The Niskanen Center. It was founded in early 2015 by Jerry Taylor.[8] At its launch, the center was composed primarily of former staffers of the Cato Institute who departed in the wake of a 2012 leadership struggle pitting Ed Crane against the Koch Brothers for control of the libertarian think tank.[9] Taylor[10] and vice president Joe Coon[11] publicly aligned themselves with Crane during the dispute. Both departed shortly after Crane was replaced by John Allison as Cato's president as part of the settlement with the Kochs.

6. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

wrong

they fund the old Republican Party

they do not fund the party that the deplorables have taken from them

they are RINO globalists, not MAGA conservatives

7. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Rick Snyder (R) 2011-2018
    Gretchen (whatsherlastname) since 2019.

8. Venom51

Clearly old Rick was there 6 years longer than he should have been. If it hasn't gotten better maybe Gretchen needs to be shown the door as well.

G 97 likes this.
  9. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I’m about letting them at least finish a term before judging.

10. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

This.

11. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

You really need to dig up who is (were) in control at the local level. You know, the ones actually responsible for what happened.

12. Venom51

Shhh...you can't do that. It paints the wrong picutre.

Mayor Party Affiliation Start of Term End of Term Administrator Notes Elections[5]
    James W. Rutherford Democratic 1975 1983
    Year Votes opponent opponent's votes
    1975 20,679 Floyd J. McCree 20,474
    1979 20,738 Floyd J. McCree 12,902
    James A. Sharp, Jr. Democratic 1983 1987
    1983 21,718 James W. Rutherford 20,467
    Matthew S. Collier Democratic 1987 1991[4]
    1987 22,874 James A. Sharp, Jr. 19,509
    Woodrow Stanley Democratic 1991 March 5, 2002 ? (1991–2001)
    Darnell Earley (2001–2002) Recalled from office in third term[6]
    1991 25,946 Matt Collier 17,686
    1995 21,687 Don Williamson 9,168
    1999 17,224 Scott Kincaid 16,393
    2002 12,336 Recall 15,863
    Darnell Earley Democratic March 5, 2002 August 6, 2002 himself Temporary Mayor per City Charter
    Effectively City Administrator as of July 9, 2002, due to State appointment of Emergency Financial Manager, Ed Kurtz
    James W. Rutherford Democratic August 6, 2002 2003 Darnell Earley Democratic elected to fill remainder of Stanley term; City still under State Financial Manager
    2002 11,239 Arthur J. Pointer (WI) 4,712
    [7]
    Don Williamson Democratic 2003 February 15, 2009 Peggy R. Cook (2003–2007)
    Darryl Buchanan (2007–2009)
    Michael Brown (2009) Initially under Emergency Financial Manager lifted in 2004. facing recall; resigns[8]
    2003 13,906 Floyd Clack 9,228
    2007 12,434 Dayne Walling 11,853
    Michael Brown February 16, 2009[8] August 5, 2009 himself Temporary Mayor per City Charter[8]
    Dayne Walling Democratic August 5, 2009[9] November 9, 2015
    Powers remove effective 12/1/2011 under city's financial emergency & transfer to an Emergency Manager[13] of which several individuals served until April 30, 2015, when a Receivership Board assume some oversight.[12]
    2009 12,266 Brenda Clack 6,876
    2011 8,819 (56%) Darryl Buchanan 6,868 votes (44%)[14]
    Karen Weaver Democratic November 9, 2015 November 11, 2019 Natasha Henderson[12] under RTA Board oversight[12] First female mayor of Flint.
    2015 7,825 (55%) Dayne Walling 6,061 (43%)[15]
    Sheldon Neeley Democratic November 11, 2019 present Steve Branch[16]
    2019 7,082 (50.19%) Karen Weaver 6,877 (48.74%)[17]

13. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

If your property here in Michgian is deemed Wetlands....better get a good lawyer involved if you plan on building or doing anything commercial.

My house is on the Detroit River which drains to Lake Erie.

My permits for my dock are 3K. I had to pull 1 with the state DEQ, 1 with the Army COE, and another with the township. Then I had to also post to public notice since I am installing a 20K lb. boat lift.

The best part is I already had a fucking dock ( wood, and the ice flows last winter destroyed it) this one is going to be schedule 120 pipe driven down until it stops by a barge with a excavator on it.

14. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Rick Snyder (R) from 2011-2018
    The new face is
    Seeing as the switch was Actually flipped by The Governor, (Snyder) I’d say it paints the correct picture.

15. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Here`s one of my experiences....

I bought some land that had had a fuel oil tank in the back of property. (unbeknownst)

Shortly after purchase, the ipa came to test, found the entire back lot black with heating oil, 15 ft deep .

Said it would cost me 70K to haul away on a certified truck to a certified dumpsite, where I would be subject the rest of my life to any additional fees that were added.... and I had no choice.

About a week later, the geologist was doing his testing and I mentioned my situation... he said, "you don`t have to do that, if you have some land avaialable to you, you can haul it yourself and dump it there, costs you only your hauling."

My dad had a farm. I hired out the hauling for 400.00, had it loaded and took it there.

Ipa sys" OK, but you have to spread karo syrup on it, and spread it out the syrup creates organisms that eat the oil." "We will be out to check on it on a regular basis"

So we hired a dozer to spread it, my dad did`nt want it in a pile. We never put the syrup on it. In 6 months in the sun, it was light brown and growing grass.

Never saw or heard from the ipa....no money in it. They don`t give a shit about the environment. Money grab. They put several people out of business that did not find out about the option.

Because if you did`nt ask, they did not tell you. I called them later to voice my displeasure.:D

fuckers.

YamahaRick likes this.
  16. tony 340

Flint IMO was cause by the State DEQ/ County making bad product water decisions.

Some of those guys should be in prison.

Being that that whole city is mostly poor black people it sold the victim agenda great for the Democrats to take back Lansing.

That city had more free bottled water delivered than they could drink.

17. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

State level = Governor.
    But at least they got free bottled water. Yanno, after the folks were poisoned and the facts withheld for a time.

18. tony 340

Governor had jack shit to do with it until way after the damage was done.

I do not disagree that people should have damn sure did jail time for poisoning a whole city.....many of those kids have damage that will stay with them for LIFE.

Save yourself the trouble of Google searches.

Montoya likes this.
  19. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

In MANY cases, I'd completely agree with you that the current regulations are far more restrictive than is reasonable. Particularly sense I was involved in a project that had an EPA lawsuit that went on for years... for work that actually helped clean the environment. On the other side though, there are areas where the regulations are entirely inadequate to provide reasonable environmental protection. I'm absolutely baffled by the first part... have you not seen some of the lobbying? While it's certainly not a fun read... the Federal Registry EPA Public/Lobbyist input section is massive... and... in many cases... very well clamoring for more polluted air, ground, and water.

20. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

You mean you haven’t seen the video of the Governor flipping the switch? Stop trying to ‘all lives matter’ my thread and go see for yourself