Team USA?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Lee#144, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

As an HR professional in a Fortune 300 company, I will not have a closed-door 1-2-1 with ANYONE. Period.

crashman likes this.
  2. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

That's because you are a monkey. Duh.

sheepofblue likes this.
  3. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

One of these is discriminatory and would never be written into corporate policy in 2019 and the other is completely acceptable and widely practiced. But here I am pages deep waiting for someone to show me all of these widespread policies based on gender.

4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

It's generally regarded as a good idea to maintain silence and be thought an idiot, than to speak out and remove any doubt. That was one of the silliest posts that I have ever seen on the BBS.

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

And given the author you are surprised why?

6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I'm not, akshully.

The doubling, tripling, quadrupling down on an increasingly illogical position as I read on in the thread was slightly surprising. Most people would have had the good sense to just hush...

7. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Not sure if you are troll baiting or an idiot. Actually I am pretty sure but giving you the benefit of doubt. Why would anyone have a closed door meeting with anyone who could fuck their career out of spite with just a few words. Reap what you sow #ibelieveher....

8. Chino52405

Please, please explain to me how you came up with that question based on my response.

9. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

No, fruit loop, it’s not discriminatory.

Gonna need a new shovel soon, that one’s gotta be about worn out

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Sounds as if he is working on the assumption that this is one way. Female executives are just as likely to follow this,policy or not, as males.

11. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Yup, there was an interview of Shannon Bream and she made it her rule after a couple meetings with Roger Ayres.

12. Chino52405

What I have definitely said repeatedly and for the last time here: this is not gender based and cannot be gender based in 2019 as an official policy. You are absolutely correct, females are not immune to being harassers/abusers and dudes like Kevin Spacey also need to be accounted for.

The only debatable thing I've discussed is whether or not a stance like Pence's is disrespectful from the jump - since it is based on gender. I say yes, most here disagree.

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Exactly how is it disrespectful?

14. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

The cup of stoopid runneth over...

15. Chino52405

Since no one assumes or owns their own ill intent, any policy to protect yourself from another individual shows a level of skepticism or distrust. To apply this policy to EVERYONE and never have any one on one meetings is very cautious and protectionist. Having this policy only for females (remember we all trust ourselves) signals that women are more likely to claim Pence acted inappropriately or give fuel to anyone who would claim the woman was there for something other than business (avoiding the look of impropriety).

That's my opinion and one reason I believe some women may not be as stoked about this admin as the dungeon is.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Skepticism and distrust is, sadly, the order of the day. It didn't start with Trump and it won't end with Trump. Our entire society is working to protect itself from the lowest common denominator. This is just one aspect.

Yzasserina likes this.
  17. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I have never been falsely accused of sexual misconduct/rape by a man. Does that help you out? When and if I ever do then I probably won't have any one to one meetings with a dude either from that point onward.

18. Lee#144

Lee#144 Track Newbie

It’s absolutely gender based. No one on one opposite sex meetings behind closed doors without a stand in. In fact you can face punishment for entering into an opposite sex room in certain conditions ie; deployment, training, medical etc

19. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

The lack of logic here is stunning.

I guess putting a lock on your door is disrespectful to criminals.

Or eating properly is disrespectful to fast food.

We fixed the "unfair" to one gender problem. We allow ZERO one on one meetings, regardless of gender. There must be three whether internal or with a client. The policy is a result of false accusations, real accusations, and the erasing of gender. Welcome to 2019.

20. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

What about positively accused? :Poke: :D