1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Team USA?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Lee#144, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I get fake bars from all known mints so still be careful. The gold Swiss packaged ones have been hot around here lately.

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I won't buy gold bars, one because silver is a better value ATM, and two because tungsten has almost exactly the same specific gravity as gold and it's a helluva lot more worthwhile to fake a gold bar than a silver. If it doesn't ting just right, I don't buy it. If it fools me, hopefully it'll fool the next guy. :D

Quicktoy likes this.
  3. Quicktoy

My smelter got a solid gold coin that tested as gold with a $10,000 X-ray gun gun. When he was melting it with a bunch of other gold , he looked down and a coin was rolling around in a bowl of liquid gold. Tungsten.

4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

That's what they get for buying a cheapo XRF. :D $10K is low end. My scrapyard I take computer PCBs to has a $35K one.

Fuckin thieves piss me off. That's one thing the muslims got right. Lop their effin' hands off.

5. Quicktoy

I agree 100 percent. They have the 35k machine too but they only use it to analyze the block after they’ve melted a bunch of different karats together. The gun is what is around 10k and they use that when mobile.

6. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

“Like you, all of us at U.S. Soccer continue to celebrate our extraordinary U.S. Women’s National Team—the 2019 Women’s World Cup champions! The 23 players of our USWNT—earning their second consecutive title and an unprecedented fourth star—are an inspiration to us all and truly some of the greatest athletes that our nation has ever produced.”

No, you are mistaken. Nothing to be proud about in how these players behaved. Inspiration on how to behave poorly maybe.
    National embarrassment is more accurate.

9. kangasj

kangasj Banned

That's spread is nuts. Do people ever buy or sell from/to you?

10. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Seems like the pay is very similar despite the FIFA part. Once again the gender pay gap is exposed as the shake down that it is.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Right, if you're willing to ignore that the women win all the time and the men never win anything. Small, meaningless detail in the world of sports. But still.

12. Quicktoy

I buy and sell maybe 500-1000 a month in coins. Lol that’s not a spread. Owning a pawn shop we double our money on everything else.

13. Quicktoy

My kids team wins as much as the US women’s team. Why isn’t he being paid more than then? Oh that’s right. He doesn’t bring in any revenue just like the women don’t. Case closed.

MachineR1, Knotcher and sheepofblue like this.
  14. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

They claimed they did not make as much, they do. Also the winning is relative commercially, the world ain't fair and they are better off than most. On a wild guess I bet the disparity in pay for say the English team is not nearing par. Which says their success has increased their pay. Of course lets really be equal and abolish the two leagues, compete on equal with everyone in one pool, see how that works for those wanting equality :Pop:

Same job same pay as long as you make the team.

15. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

The US Men's team would have less money because they would have just killed their best revenue stream. Despite what the pawn star claims, the US Women's team earns big...for the program, for Nike, for everyone. How you want to split up who is owed what based on overall market value, potential, etc is debatable clearly, but they earn.

16. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

True they won the world cups but on the whole they have net loss 27 million since 2009 while the mens team have grossed 186 million (vs 101 milliom).

"One metric that can be measured directly is the revenue that our women’s and men’s teams generate, on average, game by game. From 2009 through 2019—a timeframe that includes two Women’s World Cup championships—the Women’s National Team has earned gross revenue of $101.3 million over 238 games, for an average of $425,446 per game, and the Men’s National Team has earned gross revenue of $185.7 million over 191 games, for an average of $972,147 per game.More specifically, WNT games have generated a net profit (ticket revenues minus event expenses) in only two years (2016 and 2017).Across the entire 11-year period, WNT games generated a net loss of $27.5 million. "

17. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

18. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

The value of a tournament is just that. If woman's teams want FIFA to put up more money for the women's cup, they need to push FIFA to do it. I don't know FIFA's books, but there's plenty more money to be found in just the corruption (we know about) alone. Is the woman's tourney worth $6 billion, hell no, but maybe it is worth more than it's current prize money suggests. Base salary for being on the US Women's National team is a different argument imo and the one they are at least deserving of making noise over compared to the results and revenue generation of the men. I'd personally like to see the men paid less until they do something worth paying them for. If that money goes to the women, great.

19. Lee#144

Lee#144 Track Newbie

I think the average ticket price for group stage World Cup games was something like $200 per ticket men’s game vs $50 per ticket women’s game. It’s basic economics. Most nwsl games draw maybe 6k fans...maybe a Portland vs Orlando but generally less. The problem isn’t solved with wins, it’s solved with interest and generating fans. If the women want to make more money, draw fans into the stadium. They aren’t going to attract many new fans by doing divisive things.

jksoft likes this.
  20. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Wow, if you go to many of the precious metal on-line dealers you can sell for around 2.2% under spot and buy for anywhere from spot to spot +4.1%.