1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dan Bongino Podcast

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Spang308, Nov 21, 2018.

1. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

That's a lot of pecking just to say that Trump is a crooked idito and the investigation is legit. :flag:

2. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Compared to output of others here - I didn't even hit the bare minimum. . .:beer:

3. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Like most things, the truth likely exists somewhere in the middle. That's a terrible reality because it means Trump is dirty and the Republicans are dirty and the Democrats are dirty.

These people are millionaires many times over. You don't get that way by playing by a bunch of rules.

Jefferson Smith is a fictional character for sure.

SpeedyE likes this.
  4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I don’t think the point was to get trump out of office before his term is up, but to stir up so much shit that he can’t get anything done and/or to delegitimize any accomplishments so he does not get re-elected. I believe it’s working to a point because of the midterm swing in the house.

The rest of the issues are all tied back to all of the illegal things done in the past that are not being investigated: Benghazi, Uranium 1, weaponization of the executive branch by the Obama administration.

turtlecreek and SpeedyE like this.
  5. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Yet another fed rate hike today. Tank the economy. Just another prong in the deep state attack? Crazy people have to wonder. :)

6. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

...and equities continue to run to the exits. I've watched some smart analysts over the last 3 weeks, just about all of them calling for a substantial Christmas bump. Technicians / Fund-o-mentalists making the same good cases. Oh well.

7. motorkas

Who knows. . .what I can tell you is that if that was the point, it’s not working on the “he can’t get anything done” front; and truthfully, his former (and current) tweets (and other avenues of communication) handle the delegitimizing for them more than any of this other shit.

As far as the midterm swing, here’s something to consider: the top ten wealthiest congressional districts voted D in 2018 – 42 out of the top 50 wealthiest congressional districts voted D in 2018. Think of the metrics he (and his supporters) like to tout (GDP, unemployment, tax cut, stock market performance, trade). . . and then ask yourself a very honest question: if you were a betting man, which congressional districts would you put your money on knowing and understanding the short, mid and long term implications of these metrics (and which districts are more likely to be contributing (and utilizing) theses metrics as whole?

Your last paragraph are standard talking points. Honestly, I don’t have feelings one way or another about you believing them. It’s one of the great things about this country that I firmly believe in: everybody is entitled to their own opinion (and to have the opportunity to express it). I personally have always thought that Trump would be a big mistake. . .however, I also know I don’t know everything and there are very few absolutes (for example, I could tell you ways that Trump will most likely alter the political landscape of this country for the better, even though I believe overall he’s still a really big mistake).

All that said, there are those on here who scream from the mountain tops how patriotic they are. . .defenders of the constitution. . .have one standard that they apply equally to themselves and others. . .and then a shit ton of what they write is blatantly against being both a patriot and a defender of the constitution. . .and the “one standard applied equally” is bullshit at best. Once again, fine with that, what I’ve been taught about being a patriot and a defender of the constitution is having no problems with them holding those views and beliefs; what I’ve been taught about high standards is that most think they can live up to them, but when things get hard – they totally roll over on them. However, when those same individuals just love to tell you how smart they are and that anybody else who disagrees with them is an idiot. . .and a threat to this country. . .and sometimes should be shot for being and idiot and a threat to this country. . .well, I want to find out who these giant thinkers are – and if I’m missing something they thought of that I haven’t - especially when they’re telling me I’m stupid and a threat to something I firmly believe in. And since a lot of them love to advocate civil war, talk about all the guns they have and that they’re going to take me out for thinking differently than they do – I really want to know how deep and critical these guys are able to think considering that it will give me a good idea of what to expect if/when they come looking for me. . .not as a fellow citizen. . .but as an enemy.

SpeedyE likes this.
  8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

So you think that Cohen went to Prague because there's no way to say for certain that he didn't.
    Even though there is not one scintilla of evidence that such a thing happened.
    That's just crazy.

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

"Have you stopped beating your wife?" :D

kangasj and blkduc like this.
  10. In Your Corner

It's amazing how intelligent people can just throw logic out the window when it's convenient.

11. motorkas

Is that a question or a statement? Because if it's a statement, please walk me through how your got there from what is written (feel free to use my words quoted to support your statement - especially the "so you think" part).

Just curious were the breakdown is happening.

12. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

to your first point, it most certainly is working, just as the constitution designed it. he is not a dictator. what is worse, is he is a president without a party. BOTH sides dislike him. BOTH sides are trying to use him. that makes him pretty unique in our country's history. whether you agree with him or not, we should all be enlightened by the bureaucracy that is arrayed against him at this point and simply ask the question, "what happens when he is gone". unfortunately, i think he will slip beneath the waters (this term or next) and the waters will calm and the bureaucracy will be stronger than ever. on a side note (you mentioned elsewhere about the "colluding isn't illegal, but then the alphabets do it and now its illegal" scenario) well, it IS illegal when various agencies pass data back and forth against laws set in place to prevent that. the federal government is certainly a great protector, but when it turns against you, you can only hope that the links of the constitution hold it at bay. trump is getting it with all barrels presently and i am impressed at his will to fight and his success in spite of it all. this is said in regards to the man. not whether i agree with the things he has done.

your second point is dangerous. it has a ring of elitism. i also recognize that we need "expert" or educated leadership. however, if the wealthy districts (read NY, CHI, LA, etc) vote one way, we should all just follow? the yin/yang of our constitution was supposed to focus on freedom and balance. i have a friend that is in the "whose whose" of family names and we have had this discussion many times. this smacks of the "get rid of electoral college" conversations. brilliance in action again that it gives the state of Wyoming a balancing vote to NY. perhaps we should just do away with the concepts of states? the real question you should be looking at is do those wealthy people support our constitution and country or are they globalists? i would tell you most are the latter. at some point, we all will have to make the choice between our country and another "EU" that includes the US. that choice will have consequences, regardless of which you choose. in will impact your pocketbook and your freedom. i pray we choose wisely.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
    Inst Tech likes this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You know the man reads minds, right?

14. In Your Corner

How appropriate.
    The other "show me where I said that" game player chimes in.

15. motorkas

What’s working – the constitution limiting his ability to get things done and not be a dictator, or the investigations and noise (and are the investigations and noise constitutional or not?) or is it some combination or both. . .or are there even more factors involved. . .and are those additional factors constitutional or not?

Depends on how you define BOTH – then it’s not nearly as unique as you think – keep in mind, you’re contending that 325 million plus people are somehow split into two sides, across all issues. . .

The same thing that has happened before he came – simple question back to you – who is implementing all of his victories? (curious how you’re going to get around that it’s the same bureaucracy you’re lamenting is arrayed against him).

What does a weak bureaucracy look like?

Great: which laws have been broken, what evidence exists that they have been broken. . .and have people been punished as a result? And are you assuming I would be for or against them being investigated as well?

I’m not impressed at all. He asked for it, campaigned on it, thought the fight would be easy as hell since he was the one fighting, and now is crying (along with his supporters) that they are fighting back. That’s like a fighter calling someone out, and then when they get in the ring, calling time out when he gets hit too hard and saying “I wasn’t expecting him to punch back that hard after all the shit I talked about him and what I was going to do to him”.

That’s one way of looking at it – and you are entitled to look at it that way.

Nope. I’m not even saying that they are the “leadership” or that they are correct in the way they voted. I’m simply saying that in a capitalist system it’s not wise to not pay attention to what “the money” is doing, and at least factor elements of that into the overall equation (and even then, it doesn’t guarantee success, but the odds are usually greater).

Balance of what?

You need to do some serious research on the electoral college. . . and then consider this – Wyoming doesn’t mean shit in general elections, and in no known math on the planet balances out NY's votes – the last several election cycles have usually come down to the same states. . .and none of them have the minimum amount of electoral votes. Also, electors are in theory independent. If memory serves me correctly, 29 states have state laws that bind the electors to the popular vote – the rest do not. There are no Federal or constitutional limitations or provisions on how electors can and should vote. Personally, I’m betting the day a R wins a state and the electors decide to vote for the other candidate, how you feel about this brilliance then is going to be under review.

Any capitalist (free market or not) who’s not a “globalist” is not really a capitalist (or they’re going to lose to those who are). Capitalism doesn’t care about your feelz on the matter – and the scoreboard is pretty easy to figure out who’s winning and losing in this debate.

I have read this multiple times and I still have no idea what you’re talking about.

16. motorkas

You got me all twisted – I’m totally inclined to agree with you based upon logic and reason. . .then again, an argument can be made than you’re a beeb elite (and part of its bureaucracy no less). . .and I’m pretty sure if you’re going to make money, you’re not really going to care if it comes from a globalist. . .or their policies. . .

Shit. The conflict is real. :D.

17. motorkas

I didn't ask you to show me where I said that - I asked you to walk me through how you came to that conclusion (your thought process). Logic would dictate that if I actually said it - it would make sense for you to think that, but since we both know I didn't, I want to know how you read those words and got to the conclusion you did. . .

See the difference?

And if you want to turn it into an insult game, just let me know and I'll make sure to stop putting in the effort to keep it respectful.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Uh? You sure that was for me? I have no idea what you're talking about. :confused:My involvement in this thread is limited to what I said about mind reading. A skill I do not possess, incidentally. :crackup:

19. motorkas

I keep forgetting my fatal flaw with you....:D

20. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

the constitution.

i don't know where to go with this. what part of "both" isn't clear? 2 parties...the 2 parties are not strong supporters of him...2 of 2....both. flashbacks to "what is the definition of is"

the difference is dem/repub, they both push the ball back and forth regarding the bureaucracy. what trump is showing is how hard it is for a non-member of the approved group to make a difference. in that regard again, i think he is exceptional. he has kept his word in his pursuit of the items he ran on. you are smarter than to think they just wouldn't do anything and nothing is 100%. they still want their jobs and they still fear the american people...some...for now.

a healthy Republic.

again, we aren't dealing with fools. i don't know which laws have been broken, or even if they have. i simply made the point that collusion between the alphabets IS illegal in certain situations.

i don't agree with your second statement. you don't understand him if you think as you write. it is all part of the dance, while he fights for what he wants. what would you like him to do? just lay down and roll over?

life does not begin/end with the pres. so you think 2 senators from wyoming's vote doesn't count as much as 2 senators from NY? do tell. is that more "define both" logic? the rest is your opinion. good for you.

again, it doesn't begin/end here. any capitalist that would sell out his country to an EU or UN or any other entity except the constitution, in the pursuit of gain, is a traitor. your thought demonstrates a real weakness if freedom and why character, patriotism, honor, duty....matter.

this goes with the previous quote....you will get to choose between sovereignty/freedom/our constitution and globalism/world govt (aka EU/UN whatever). i pray we value our sovereignty and freedom appropriately.