1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dan Bongino Podcast

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Spang308, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Fonda Dix likes this.
  3. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

BHP41 likes this.
  4. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  5. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

To the first link - any chance you can provide the full transcript of her speech?

To the second - you wouldn't happen to know what state laws in the US are in regards to child marriage (and if they have anything to do with Sharia)?

6. turtlecreek

I knew you would miss the point. Out laws are not relevant to this article . This is not part of German culture . It is being destroyed by the elite .it will happen here too, unless we stand up. If you want hitleresque leaders, keep having the elite overwrite the will of the people . You would think we would learn from history .

7. motorkas

Here’s a German culture story for you: yesterday the downstairs furnace went out. As the German sitting next to me was Skyping her parents (in Germany) she told them we were staying close to the fire to stay warm. . .her dad told her that a better way is for us to go upstairs to the bedroom. . .her mom agreed. I'm all in favor of German culture.

Do you know why you look someone in the eye when you say "Prost" or how North Germans talk about Bavarians. . .or West Germans about East Germans? . . .or if they even consider Swiss German or Austrian German a suitable form of the language?

Trust me, none of what you posted is going to make currywurst, or any of the other decidedly “German” thing disappear. . .

8. turtlecreek

Wunder schon. Du hast eine Deutsche freundenin. Na und?

Culture is something that will evolve, regardless. however, we have some control over that evalution . Stupid is as stupid does. I am not a fan of going quietly as good things are destroyed by those who "know better".

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  9. motorkas

Ja Ja. . .und sie ist manchmal zu deutsch. . .

Just curious - how are you making the determination of what is "good evolution" vs "good things being destroyed"? . . .and wouldn't your presumption on this whole matter (especially the self labeling of omniscient) put you firmly in the "know better" camp?

10. turtlecreek

LOL! Deutschladn Uber alles!

Good point . However I am not en elected official who is supposed to implement the will of the people, but who instead, specifically dictated to everyone else that what they thought was wrong and went in another direction.

To that end, doesn't that make you the same when you proclaim "too German"? :)

11. motorkas

Speaking of. . .did a quick search and got some links for you about foreigners coming to different countries and not leaving their culture behind. . .:)

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/usa/tr...-the-usa/40625c8c-8a11-5710-a052-1479d2777cb1
    https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/la-cumbrecita-argentina/index.html
    https://theculturetrip.com/south-am...-german-town-in-chile-you-didnt-know-existed/
    https://theculturetrip.com/south-am...t-the-german-influence-in-puerto-varas-chile/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Germantown_(LSD-42) (look at the motto).

There’s no way an elected official can represent the whole body politic – look at Trump and who he represents – it isn’t the will of ALL the people (and there’s nothing wrong with that) – it’s just the way it goes in a representative democracy/republic et al. Contrary to popular opinion, these guys (and women) have access to information that the general public does not (and sometimes, information the public doesn’t want to think about). . .it’s definitely not as cut and dry as elected officials represent and “implement the will of the people”.

Here's an example:

https://www.hsdl.org/c/ (type in "German Unification" and click on the first PDF).

To put it mildly, Germans took the national pride thing to it’s extreme in the 20 century and Europe as a whole probably witnessed close to one hundred million deaths during the same time period as a result of conflict (and God knows how many Europeans fleeing said conflicts). They (and a lot of others) lost more than most would ever care to imagine and even after all of that – Germans still manage to have a distinct national identity. . .regardless of where they ended up (which goes back centuries).

I imagine some of those lessons learned are going into those decisions you disagree with currently (especially considering that Germans (and their culture and norms) weren’t always looked upon favorably in foreign countries. . .including this one. . .and their own for that matter)– Merkel may have been born in West Germany but she was raised in East Germany and I would imagine that (among other things) gives a unique perspective on issues as well.

To your last point – you know you laughed cause it’s true. . .:D

Truthfully, I encourage her to German the fuck out to her heart’s desire. . .I just merely observe the phenomena when she’s Deutschland uber alles’ing all over the place. I’ve never told her once to be “more American” however, she does know that when she’s getting particularly German I will start goosestepping around the house and answering anything she says with “Jawohl!”.

I saw a movie this week and there was a fantastic quote in it (have no idea if it was real or not) but nonetheless, I thought it was spectacular in breaking down the essence of identity/cultural politics (it’s a German reference, but not even remotely only applicable to one race or nationality):

Adolf Eichmann said that the ideal Nazi was “as skinny as Goring, as tall as Goebbels and as blond as Hitler. . .”

In my opinion, sums up pretty nicely the lunacy that tends to happen with identity/culture politics.

12. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Wow, I completely missed this thread. Was off in the land of no BBS in December. I think Bongino, Sara Carter,John Solomon and many others who have been tracking this are spot on in their reporting. I can't wait to see if Barr is the real deal or just another swamp rat. If he's real, there will be criminal charges brought against quite a few of the deep state players this year.

XFBO likes this.
  13. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

I hate to admit this but my hope of any justice served is gone. Laws only apply to the little people, the swamp will protect their own.

kangasj likes this.
  14. kangasj

kangasj Banned

15. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

In other words, same old, same old.....This is nothing new in Democrat-run regions.

Do we have any detailed accounting of the $$$$$ supposedly spent on the WALL during the Obama yrs??? Under their leadership, taxpayer monies ALWAYS disappear without much getting done.

kangasj likes this.
  16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

The only way those assholes would face any justice would be if Bob Lee Swagger were a real person :D

17. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

This will eventually be the cause of violence.
    A French housecleaning is in order.

kangasj likes this.
  18. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

I think you are correct.

19. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Reciprocity?

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I know what you mean by that, but the image in my head is of a sexy french maid with no underwear.