1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've heard rumors.....

Discussion in 'General' started by ruckusracing, Sep 14, 2018.

1. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

No amount of California bashing is excessive.

If someone alleged something erroneous against the state, it's offset by millions of people who have never been there supporting it backed up by the 317 people that are there by choice and mindlessly defended by the handful that were dealt the Cali hand and coped with it better than most, in my experience.

The rest of everyone hates Cali. Specifically, SoCal. North California may as well be Utah. Except for the San Fran area, which is its own thing.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  2. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

For a state with so many natural advantages, its pretty easy pickins.

3. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

I guess 317 people made it into the word's 5th largest economy now, up a spot over the UK in the last 3 years or so. Manufacturing isn't the only driver in the US economy. No, I don't live there and haven't since the bad old days of the 70's before CARB really started improving air quality. I'm just happy Yamaha is keeping manufacturing in the U.S.

I know it's mostly S.E. states folks on here and California is fun to pick on.

4. Timothy Landon

Timothy Landon Well-Known Member

"some good California bashing". Deserves every bashing it gets.

5. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Indeed, it's like Nickelback moved there...

ToofPic likes this.
  6. California is to the US like Nickleback is to the music industry.

metricdevilmoto likes this.
  7. metricdevilmoto

I've been fortunate enough to see most of our country either for work or pleasure and while I've seen many interesting things and met folks from all over I'm happy to call friends, the NE part of the country is the only part that checks all my boxes.

BigBird likes this.
  8. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

FYI, The words Cali and SoCal are only used by people that live east of the Mississippi.
    No, that would be Florida.

9. metricdevilmoto

My friends in Cali, specifically SoCal, tell me that all the time.

ts199 and Ducti89 like this.
  10. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Why are people and businesses leaving in droves then?

My beef with California is that people are moving here from LA and Orange County and then bitching/complaining that its not like California. They complain about churches, politics, transportation, and lack of whatever bullshit free-range, organic, gluten free, non-GMO, BPA-free, fair trade, locally-sourced, all-natural, lab-grown, dolphin-safe, farm-raised, vegan, keto garbage they had there isn't available here. So, then they set out to make it just like there. And while they're at it, they're cashing out overpriced real estate for two or three pieces of real estate here, and turning entire neighborhoods and apartment buildings into AirBNB/VRBO havens for bachelorette parties and fraternity/sorority gangbangs every weekend - screwing up the local economy and availability of housing for the rest of us.

stk0308, turbulence and ChemGuy like this.
  11. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Yes. They brag about being the Worlds third largest economy. But things are changing. Their politics and taxes are causing a migration out of California. That’s what we are talking about in this thread in just one instance here with Yamaha’s exodus. Who’s next? How many others are also in the process of leaving.

I’ll stop now. I’m approaching Dungeon if I go any further. You get the point.

12. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Hey Lawn Dart don’t be knocking sorority gangbangs!!!!!

stk0308 and Lawn Dart like this.
  13. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Why because you can easily get scrapple?:Poke:

metricdevilmoto likes this.
  14. metricdevilmoto

Believe it or not, I've never had it. I'm aware of it and know what's in it and was never interested. Sorta related, a lot of the "local" fare is like that for me. For example, I think that putting cheese whiz on a cheese steak should be, at minimum, a misdemeanor. You get provolone or you get mozzarella or you GTFO.

Gino230, stk0308, Bruce and 4 others like this.
  15. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

You guys are just jealous of our burritos...

The storyline of demographic flux and its relationship to both government and economics is a lot more complicated than that being shouted from rooftops, which seems to be the favored means of communication on internet forums.

16. metricdevilmoto

A great burrito is easier to come by than a great fish taco. I'll give you that. Greatest fish tacos I've ever had were in California.

17. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Hey, I didn't even mention tacos...I didn't want you hurt feelings. :D

(Pro tip: when searching for the best taquerias, look for bars on the windows. They lock the flavor in.)

18. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

No..you keep that bullshit inside the perimeter where it belongs.

jonathanp and gt#179 like this.
  19. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

I have no beef with California. I've worked for 2 companies based out of California and have been offered jobs there a few times. I was traveling there usually at least once a month for a year or so. Love to visit but would hate to live there. IMHO. I was just saying that I can understand why companies would be looking at their options for leaving the area if you have large operation. And that I can see what the south east would be a viable option. Similar to the movie industry, more feature films are being produced in GA that in CA now. It's becoming a huge industry here. A lot of it is because of the tax incentives, locations and business friendly atmosphere (mainly incentives).

20. brex

brex Well-Known Member

The only thing Utah has in common with any part of the Californistan shithole is that far too many of those pieces of human waste are moving here and ruining it.

turbulence likes this.