1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've heard rumors.....

Discussion in 'General' started by ruckusracing, Sep 14, 2018.

1. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

If it is, those of us in Illinois are screwed...

stk0308 and TurboBlew like this.
  2. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

Go to your buddy today and ask him to read his email. Then come back to the BBS and report your findings. Especially the part about where the corp. HQ will be located.

3. 418

418 Expert #59

Damsun. We get it, you like Cali.

Calm down.

eggfooyoung likes this.
  4. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

I didnt mean anything by that but after re reading it, it kind of sounds shitty, sorry.

Kali is ok I guess. Lol

418 likes this.
  5. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

It is actually right next to 285 off Savoy. Maybe 40 feet ITP. It’s not like we are talking about little 5...

gt#179 likes this.
  6. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Um....he said “transition to Kennesaw”. :confused:

7. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

My point was that a very clear communication came out yesterday to Yamaha employees (hmm wonder how I know that) that clears up the misconceptions in this thread.

Not sure what you mean by transition. The few folks that are moving have a year to do it so that would be the transition.

8. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

Only thing I got was that corporate Yamaha is concerned with the WERA BBS and their members swaying corporate decisions!!! :p:D:crackup::Poke:

TurboBlew and ts199 like this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd rather go to L5P than over to the 85/285 area :D

10. ruckusracing

Back to the topic about how to help our sport, was looking through my old race log.....man, and in 96 at the Cycle Jam @ IRP. I started 50th in novice 600 and I remember there were rows behind me!!! In the national on Sunday I started 38th... How do we build those numbers again??? It also cost less to drive to IRP from Jacksonville FL then, vs driving to Jennings (115 miles) now....but I also made way less money....I was an E4 in the Navy....

11. ruckusracing

My race entries were 100.00 bucks...not too far off from today. My biggest savings was travel.....I drove up in a Toyota pickup getting 27 mpg at $1.05 per gallon....now I pull a small trailer (7*14) w a dually getting 10-11 or my 48ft getting 8-9. I know RVs are around that mileage. But still..where do we lose the interest????

12. ruckusracing

Is it just trackdays????? Cause back then it was only Ed Bargy and that was during non race weekends

13. 418

418 Expert #59

Trackdays are a better value, less commitment. With racing everything has to be on point.

For example I didn't do RoadA few weeks ago. I ended up working that weekend but if I didn't; I needed race numbers, new helmet (WERA 5 year rule) and renew my license. So that's a easy $500 before I sign up for my first race. I could do 2 days of Barber with STT for that much. Not criticizing WERA, just giving a example.

People also say you don't need this or that but if I'm going to race, I wanna try to be competitive. Because if I don't care to be competitive then what's to point of showing up for a race weekend anyways? If I'm going to "ride around", I can do that at a track day.

It's a tough situation right now. Hell even club racers don't care about racing. A lot of the guys I hang with don't really care about the pro racing out there. They know the big names but don't follow the sport.

14. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

I’ve lived in South Philly my whole life and have eaten more cheesesteaks than probably anyone on the beeb. I’ve never had or seen a sandwich more than 75 miles away from Philly that I would consider a “cheesesteak”. Usually they’re straight garbage...

ZimZam likes this.
  15. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

I can only speak for our team's experience with racing. My rider ultimately quit racing altogether at age 15 after over 10 years because there is no reasonable expectation to be able to make a living doing it any more, compared to pretty much anything else a young person might choose to pursue with that kind of energy and persistence. He told me he didn't want to be 28 years old with no higher education before he figured out he couldn't support himself and his family doing it.
    Hard to argue.

16. lonewrench

lonewrench Mr.Charles

They are leaving

17. ruckusracing

I would say that scenario is true for all sports based off of amount of young athletes vs pros....I don't have the stats on me, but my son played football and went to college and played for 4 years...the odds to continue get drastically small as he progressed...heck he was one of few out of his graduating class from highschool (and there were a lot of kids that went to college for ball from his schoo) that played four years of college ball. It still doesn't stop the kids from trying to be a pro ball player....
    A lot of the grids back then weren't mostly kids, they were adults (young to old).

18. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

My friend in Harrisburg has a store that has Liscio's rolls sent in every day, uses a mound of paper thin fresh never frozen sliced ribeye (they go through all of the meat to ensure not an excessive amount of fat or any gristle), Whiz, and sauteed onions or peppers. Each steak is cooked/chopped individually rather than cooking a pile of meat and then pulling some in to make a sandwich. It rivals any cheesesteak I've had in Philly....and I've had a lot of them, too. We actually have a couple shops around here that do it similar.

19. ruckusracing

I was all in your sammich recipe till then..I have to say I prefer provolone/mozzarella vs that stuff

20. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

He has those available, but, it's not the authentic philly cheesesteak.
    Personally, I like mayo, steak, grilled onions, american cheese (extra, please) lettuce and tomato with a hot pepper relish over top. I know it's not authentic, but, that's the way I like 'em.
    If in the mood for provolone, then just steak, onions, cheese, and a good marinara sauce.
    If in the mood for mozz, then steak, cheese, and a good San Marzano pizza sauce...aka Pizza Steak.

Used to work in a sandwich shop and made thousands of them in my younger years. I still have a flattop griddle that I can put on my grill and I still have my tools to make them (griddle spatula and griddle scraper).

ruckusracing likes this.