1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've heard rumors.....

Discussion in 'General' started by ruckusracing, Sep 14, 2018.

1. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Amaroso's proper steak roll! Nothing else is even close.

ZimZam likes this.
  2. metricdevilmoto

The rolls are made in NJ. We keep that state around for a reason.

3. metricdevilmoto

I can say that the PNW is a place I'd like to experience more if only because I haven't spent hardly any time there. Oh, and Alaska.

zrx12man likes this.
  4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

To hide bodies?

5. joec

joec brace yourself

I've had a couple that were pretty spectacular. But not the go thing to do is over make them and charge 18 bucks for one. Meh.

6. metricdevilmoto

Good bread, steak, cheese, onions and peppers. The end.

"California style" can GTFO, too. Lettuce and tomato has no business on a cheesesteak. Done the right way, mushrooms are permitted.

7. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

Not to get off topic but Mad Italian cheese steaks in Atlanta are some of the best. They should have their new location open soon. I think I’ll go this week for lunch now that I think about it. Right off 285 and Chamblee-Dunwoody on the north side of ATL for those passing their town.

metricdevilmoto likes this.
  8. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

No onions or peppers ever! A cheese steak is as described, steak, bread, cheese.

And yes a mushroom cheese steak made with PA mushrooms is fantastic.

joec likes this.
  9. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

Just don't come here expecting either a wet or dry track at any point. It will drive a tire guy bat shit crazy. 65 and sunny from T8 all the way down the front straight, 40 and pouring rain with rivers of mud crossing the track in the back section. No kidding.

joec and metricdevilmoto like this.
  10. metricdevilmoto

I agonize over raw or cooked onions. Done right, either way, they bring a lot to the table. The peppers I'm negotiable on, depending on the onions.

Mushrooms have to have been cooked with the steak and be of a certain pedigree.

11. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

I was going to mention the Mad Italian. They used to have a location on South Cobb Drive. They do have the bread shipped in from up north. Solid stuff. The Chamblee shop is about 10 minutes from th house and I always forget about it. Maybe lunch tomorrow....

metricdevilmoto likes this.
  12. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

If they use the onions to help season the cooking of the steak then thumbs up. But if you add a pile then no.

My favorite place is in Eagle PA and I went there last fall!

13. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

Cheese Steaks like Pizza are a NY/NJ/PA thing full stop. :Poke:

ZimZam likes this.
  14. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

Do tell, I might be up that way in the next couple of weeks.

15. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Carmine's parkside pizza formerly parkside deli

ts199 likes this.
  16. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

They're great until you live next door. (I tried to find a gif of Cleveland from Family Guy having sex in the back of a car yelling "Close that window, you're gonna let the stank out!")

17. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Newnan GA has the assembly plan for the Golf Carts, SxS, and at least some of the watercraft. They also have the president of Yamaha mfg of America there.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oddly enough I hear both terms regularly from people who grew up and still live in SoCal....

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Don't be so sure about that.

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Let me see....I can stay, faced increased regulation, higher taxes and potential boycotts if I look at someone sideways...OR, I can move where people want my business, will give me incentives to be there and it will cost less...whatever shall I do?