1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Never buy from Alien Moto!

Discussion in 'General' started by aftriathlete, Feb 20, 2018.

1. backbone

backbone scarred for life

I've got my last 2 suits from Specialized Race Gear, they are custom made in Mexico by GTZ. They are kinda like modern versions of Syed, Z Custom, Vanson. I love mine.

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Vanson gets it.

WERA SEAL CARD.png

Phl218, Canadian Bacon and Ducti89 like this.
  3. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Nope, they're still down in Fall River. Talk about crashworthyness, Vanson has a very loyal following from drag racers. Down at the Barber Vintage Festival, Matt Silva had a set of leathers on display from a guy that fell off at 246 MPH. He slid for 300 yards and there was only a small hole on the back where he got some road rash. A back protector would have even eliminated that. The doctors at the emergency room couldn't understand what he was doing there until he explained the accident.
    The guy says he'll never wear anything but Vanson Leathers.

Sabre699 likes this.
  4. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Syed Leathers down in Florida makes a quality suit at a decent price and you don’t have a LONG wait like some of the other “custom” companies.

5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I'd have to ask the Arkanwhore, been too long since I saw my Vanson t-shirt. :D

joec likes this.
  6. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

The cows and kangaroos hate it. Ever see those "Eat more chiken" commercials? :D

7. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

It was misapProbstriated...

:crackup:

JJJerry likes this.
  8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

What changed? They had a big write up in RRW a few years ago and I swear they had shut down, or reorganized, or something.

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I'll stick to Syed. Made in America and he is the guy who used to make them for Vanson.

10. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Right in your back yard.

11. MachineR1

MachineR1 Well-Known Member

I found this on the Vanson site:
    • Exclusively manufactured in our facility in El Salvador by Vanson employees using the same materials, patterns and skilled technical procedures as in our other North American facility in Massachusetts
    http://www.vansonleathers.com/prod-The_Hybrid_Suit-648.aspx

12. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Matt just told me the website is out-of-date. All race suits are US made.

13. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

OVO leathers. Or something similar.

14. aftriathlete

aftriathlete Well-Known Member

Alien Moto continues to email me. They continue to string me along. I asked for my money back twice this week, and I got personal with them, asked them man-to-man, why won't they just refund my money? Why claim that they're still trying to get me a suit when they should just make it right by a customer that doesn't want anything to do with their company any more and they can sort out their issues with Fedex separately? They replied with basically nonsense: "I can assure you that it has nothing to do about that we are not willing to give you a refund, absolutely not. The problem is that we can't do it because our lost package claim is closed due to failure of finding your package." So I take that as they're saying we can't refund your money because Fedex "lost your package", so instead of that being our problem we are making it your problem. A few days ago they sent me an excited email that "Fedex might have found your suit, we are just waiting for confirmation! The package lost its waybill again." I replied with a couple words to the effect of "Great, thanks." Then I haven't heard from them since. Whatever man. If this suit ever does show up I'm going to list it for sale. So in case anyone would want a 54-ish sized suit without dealing with the beyond painful buying experience, look me up on here. That's if this thing ever shows up.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  15. I’m really surprised someone hasn’t come up with a cost effective synthetic product better and lighter than leather. Key being cost effective. I’d imagine some Kevlar coated with a breathable heat barrier to prevent burning of the skin. Damnit NASA or DARPA, release some stuff to the public :)

Phl218 likes this.
  16. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

You're never getting that suit. Sorry man, but I hate to see you holding out hope.

17. aftriathlete

I don't think I am either. There's very little fucks being given in the last week or two now. It's still consuming some of my time though, so I'm looking forward to this thing hopefully resolving either way at some point.

18. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

wait... what?

the problem is: they didn't find your package, so the closed the claim, and that's how Fedex ends that? and because of that, they can't give you a refund? does that even sound remotely plausible? the logic of the lie is so bad its almost offensive. if it was insured (which why wouldn't something be for $1500), and Fedex can't find it, they have to pay for it, which in turn gives Alien the money back which they can give to you, OR if they were actually making you a suit, make another one. if it wasn't insured, that's the company's bad for being cheap fucks, and THEY should give you your money back if your product is lost. its not your fault a business didn't deliver your product. how are you letting them make this your fault?

on the real... go to the hospital and punch the owner in the face in his hospital bed.

aftriathlete likes this.
  19. aftriathlete

Agree on all counts. But I've exhausted all my options for recourse at this point I think. PayPal, my bank, threats, making good on the threats to share my experience with them all over the internet. It's a Swedish company, so I don't know what else I could do, there's no BBB or anything that I know of that I can report them to. I sent names and info to the HSI agent I was contacted by through ApriliaForum, but I don't think that's going to pan out in any way that's going to help me out.

20. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Bullshit doesn't require that depth of analysis.

Gorilla George likes this.