Grom

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Shit, yeah that's what I meant. I think im -1 on the rear and +2 on the front.

Phl218 likes this.
  2. Phl218

Phl218 .

i am running a 13T in the front now with the finbro and the pcx injector and i might go back to stock.

love how it runs though.

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

sprockets or ECM/injector?

4. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

Cold start can be a bit annoying but mine runs real strong with the ECM.....im happy

I do have a PSD switch for cold start but couldn't get it to work as I swaped out some wires.....

5. Phl218

Phl218 .

sprockets

BigBird likes this.
  6. Phl218

Phl218 .

so far the cold start really isn't too bad.

7. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

What tires and sizes are you guys using for full sized course racing? I've seen recommendations for everything from Michelin Power Pure to Dunlop TT93 to Mitas MC34/35. I just want something I can use on the street, dry only, and have confidence in on the track.

8. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Has anyone ridden the stock tire on the track?

9. I have and they sucked...as in really bad. Hell, I didn't even care for them for street riding.

I cant remember my sizes, but I am pretty sure im running Bridgestones. I know I got them from Stick.

10. Gino230

like sucked because they had no grip? I mean it's a pretty low HP bike...

I have been thinking of swapping mine just because the tread pattern is weird. They wiggle over the grating on the drawbridge that's on my way to the gym. A lot of motorcycles do this but it feels sketchy on the Grom.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's because the diameter is smaller.

12. Gino230

I thought of that. Plus these smaller bikes (aka scooters) the weight bias is much further to the rear.

13. Yes.

Keep in mind that because it is a low HP bike, we are full throttle damn near the whole time (on the big tracks). For example, at Barber there are only 2 places where I am not full throttle. At Talladega, only one place (the right hander). I finally found a line through the bowl that would let me stay at full throttle.

It isn't so much the HP, it is the load you are putting on the side of the tire by carrying a lot of lean angle, while also being at full throttle. In less than absolutely perfect conditions, it will slide on you. I remember laughing with Brian about how I almost highsided a Grom.

14. Phl218

Phl218 .

i am running the michlins and i really like em

if your tires are from stick, they must be mitas
    Edit: or savas? can't remember ... LOL

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  15. They aren't Mitas, I have never heard of them. He also carried BT's and Savas at one time. I got the BTs.

Phl218 likes this.
  16. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Mitas/Sava same company. If you get a chance to check the model and size I'd appreciate it :)

TurboBlew likes this.
  17. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

Define "Track". I cut my stock tires with grooves and took them to a dirt track. Does that count?

Otherwise, they were fun around town for their lack of grip. That's about it.

I got some sort of Bridgestone tires from Stick. They are much better. I completely agree about the tread just feeling weird on the stock ones.

18. IIRC, whatever the front is, i believe my rear is 10 bigger.

It was like 110f 120r, or 120f 130r. Some shit like that.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just email Livengood if you want to know what's on any of Broomes bikes.

BigBird likes this.
  20. True. Or you could just do that. It would be easier, and way more accurate. :D