Calexit

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sheepofblue, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

For sure 100% accurate. Which is why California has been in constant debt gormhoe many years with no realmhope of recovery?

The rest of the country has been picking up your slack.

I would give it maybe 5 years until all hell broke loose. The "rich" would run out of money propping up the rest.

It would be an amazingly funny disaster and I wold sincerely hope Netflix or amazon stressed the chaos live.

I'm hoping California sanctuary cities gets their federal funding cut. Let them pay for their illegals!

2. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

California isn't going anywhere. The union will not break up because a bunch a pissy ass liberals in a few big city's are getting all butt hurt.

"We don't have the same values...." Yea. You might wanna check that outside of LA.

If California were to do anything as stupid as passing this, the Feds would step in and seize control. "I'm for it"

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    Robby-Bobby likes this.
  3. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Judging by posts here alone, I'd say his number 1 value is attention...

cortezmachine likes this.
  4. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

If CA leaves they could start their own currency, it'd be interesting to see how that would play out

5. caboose

caboose I love peanut butter!

If it's stupid for Cali and the Pacific states to propose secession from the USA then it was also stupid for Republican states to do so after Obama was elected.

Can't have it both ways.

6. brex

brex Well-Known Member

It's because they don't have values at all in those liberal shitholes.

7. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

The other Democratic states won't allow it. The loss of the 55 electoral votes from California would hurt their party too much. Not to mention the loss in the house.

8. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Swing, miss. You sound like Trump, just spouting bullshit whenever it serves you. We have been running big surpluses for six straight years and have a rainy day fund, all the while giving the federal government roughly $1.32 for every dollar received back.

Booming

I understand folks despise this state, but you can't invent facts to make your case.

For the last time, there will be no secession. Neither the states nor the fed will ever get anywhere near a political situation to manifest that.

SuddenBraking and cpettit like this.
  9. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Sanctuary cities aren't only in Cali either. They mayor of and chief of police held a press conference yesterday eve and announced that Cincinnati will be a sanctuary city and that they will not enforce Trumps ridiculous immigration laws/policies. I suspect many other cities have done or will do the same.

10. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

ROFLMAO.........coming from you, a staunch Liberal, THAT is amusing. Thanks dude.

11. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Uh yea, you're about a week or so behind on that.....and hopefully the Trump Admin will stick to their plans by seizing all Federal funding to those Cities.......if you're a property owner there, be sure to set aside some 'oh shit' $$$$, I suspect a tax hike in your future.

Haha, just saw this....NYC Goofball DeBlasio was one of, if not, the first Mayor to state he would defy Fed immigration, that NYC will ALWAYS be a sanctuary city. Well, not even 2 weeks into a Trump Presidency....> http://nypost.com/2017/01/30/de-blasio-reconsiders-helping-feds-with-illegal-immigrants/

12. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Would Canada be ok with illegals crossing over into their country?? :D

Why doesnt Californa, Oregon, and Washington want to join Mexico?? :crackup:

XFBO likes this.
  13. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

LMAO. Can you imagine the panic of losing that many votes? They'd be lucky to win any election ever again.

14. BHP41

Absolutely. I don't recall what states(if any) were claiming that in '08 or '12. I know that Texas was making noise if that crooked POS Hillary were to be elected they were thinking about it as were some others.
    I hope these cities and their Mayors understand the law. They can claim and beat their chest all they want to. It won't change that they will be ousted by the population through the laws because they choose to harbor illegals.

Please enlighten me as to what is ridiculous.
    Again, Cali isn't going anywhere. The rest of the union will not allow it to happen. Period.

The feds will step in and they will have the backing of almost all the rest of the states. A bunch of wahoos screaming and wearing pink hats isn't going to change that. They are a state in the union and they must abide by the Federal laws that are in place. Period.

They do not have the support that some in LA and SanFran seem to think they do.

15. BHP41

Honestly , that's a broad brush that I'm not willing to paint with.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I agree that it is highly unlikely to happen, but why do you think the rest of the union cares enough to stop them if they wanted to go? When I think of how many regulations the rest of the US has to comply with or pay for because of CARB, I'm kinda meh on the idea.

17. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

If it got far enough, you're right- I don't think the Federal government would start it. People would. Then the Federal government would step in to stop it.

Where's California gonna get its military? I mean, before it happens. National Guard is Federal. Reserves are Federal.

Leaving the country would be messy. Some people won't want to go quietly, I'm sure.

18. BHP41

There is too much to lose if Cali were to step away from the union. Every single state gets something from California. When I said the rest of the states it wasn't meant as the individuals residing in those states but more of the governments that run each one. Personally, I like Cali and while I don't agree with some of their wacko ideas they play an important roll in many aspects of this country. We can't look at it from a single issue, if we do we can pick out something in each state that we don't like.

There's no way that the Fed will allow the loss of access to the Pacific(as mentioned above) Won't happen. If they move to pass this, the Feds will then occupy it and claim it as a territory and start the process of re-admitting it in to the union. I hope the sensible people of Cali can bring some calm to the out of control government that is running right now.

breakneckPace likes this.
  19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Whoa...talk about your minorities.:D

BHP41 likes this.
  20. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Seems kind of mean to Canada who is generally a good neighbor.