1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2016 WERA Schedule

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes.

2. My thoughts too.

A NOLA region makes sense, and could include maybe Talladega. Or I could see NOLA being in the Southern region. I mean, it is way down there, but technically it is in the South.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The dates should all be weekends so if it's a Monday I typed it wrong.

Phl218 likes this.
  4. That is why I liked it. I don't have a 600SS machine anymore so it doesn't matter to me, but when I did I thought Qualifying was really cool. It brought a new element to the race weekends that we normally don't get to try. I liked it.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No Jennings, they won't allow racing.

Qualifying would be for 600ss at the National Challenge Series events.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I had to get something out, I cannot believe how much of a bitch it's been this year. I used to get pissed about having to release it around Thanksgiving.

7. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

The new Florida race series down here in Florida has Jennibgs on their schedule, so racing his back at Jennings. I hope Mongo can make some calls. The race dates are
    May 7-8: JenningsGP – Jennings, FL

8. Check out the Tally opener. It says 21-22 but it should say 20-21.

Phl218 likes this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The MC region is based on MS and AL and Souther MO and the like so it fits just fine. You live nowhere near that region even if the dates work for you.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not sure what they're planning on but there will be no real racing at Jennings in 2016 no matter what they have posted.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Fixed.

12. But NOLA is in Louisiana.

When I think "Mid-Central", I think northern AL, northern GA and into TN (which is why Nashville was a perfect fit). It is Mid, and it is Central (when referring to the Eastern side of the US). Louisiana is deep south.

13. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

Or you could just use times from the last practice session of the day as opposed to adding a new session just for qualifying.

14. That has been discussed numerous times over the years. The issue is that system will "force" people to push harder in practice than they may be willing to do otherwise. Especially when they are trying to work on setup, or may be on old tires, or learn a new track, things like that.

For all intents and purposes, it would turn the last practice into a Qualifying session...which would see people putting on new tires and pouring in race fuel for practice. Because as you have seen, the competition is ridiculously close at the front of the Expert fields. If somebody is stuck back in the pack in T2 or T3, their Podium chances are gone...the guys in front with clear track have already checked out. So people will be forced to ride their fastest possible race pace in practice, and when this subject has come up in the past, many people are against that idea.

jeffr1ey likes this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Good for you.

16. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I don't see the reason for a NOLA region to be honest. I say roll it in to Mid Central. Two weekends, even double headers isn't enough IMO.

Yeah I know you'd just love that one lol Won't do it again needless to say.

Well it's more MID than Any other races on the calendar to be correct :D Quit your bitching, you'd love it, super fast and flowing. I hate it. I like slow and technical.

Come on you are a older fella, you know the law of averages wins out.

roy826ex likes this.
  17. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

I only said what I said because they don't have to go to cycle jam or any other place but Nola. Unless they want to go to the GNF. I'm not against it as its my closest track but I don't think a few should just have one sandbox to play in while other regions must travel some good distances to contest a whole region schedule. Mid Central is my preferred region I race, always has been before a Nola existed.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope - can't control the specific bikes in practice. Don't need people on their superbike getting a Q time.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It was purely to try and build the region from nothing with very few racers even from that part of the country. We were hoping that an easy region would help draw in new racers. It did work to an extent but last year the track taking the third weekend away kind of messed things up.

20. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I admire your restraint. :D

cajun636 likes this.