1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2016 WERA Schedule

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Dec 15, 2015.

1. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

I know the reasoning and I applaud the effort. I missed one of the 3 Nola region rounds due to injury and it cost me a lot in the end or I'd a cleaned up down there. I'm all for what's fair is fair. If I gotta drive 9 hours to Road Atlanta for cycle jam because it's on all the regions schedule including mine then they should too. If not forfeit the points and stay home and finish runner up in that region to the ones who traveled and gave the support.

2. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Most of us down here have to travel. The Mid Central has always been my main region. I was just showing you that down here, those were freak occurrences.

I can attest that it has worked to a point also. At the trackday this weekend there were Several WERA racers and new racers I have never seen before. Which having been attending every trackday in the area in the last 10 years I can tell you for a fact that this is a first. I have NEVER seen any racers at any local trackdays but me and DJ for the most part. Other good thing would be that if it is prior to the CMRA date and they have nothing on the calendar, some will come to get practice in. Because after they quit bitching about having to drive, their club loves it. Hell I have 3-4 friends now asking this weekend about when they are coming back and taking the school.

One thing that has to also be taken into account is that the NOLA region as a whole has always had a shitty bike following. WERA coming in and bringing racing to the track has increased the bikes around here by a bunch. This is also coupled with there are no more real trackdays in the area. The NOLA trackdays are few and far in between.

Now if we could just get NPR on the schedule!!!! :D thanks again for all yall do and giving us a place to race.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

NPR? You funny :D

roy826ex likes this.
  4. Wow.

5. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Oh COME ONNNN!!! lol It's gotta be like what... $500 to rent!! I love that track. Just bring like a Superdome worth of airfence with you lol

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Even airfence wouldn't help. I especially like the corner where you crash, slide into the ditch then flip over the wall onto the front straight :D

7. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Don't get your panties in a bunch. Where else would it go? Besides come on down. A whole region can't be based off of 4 races. That would suck. I was hoping that like last year it was supposed to be NCM and NOLA were the NOLA region.

8. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

:D

Attached Files:

• npr.png
      npr.png
      File size:
      845.8 KB
      Views:
  9. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

That place wrote the book on sketch. Went there once back 2003 I think it was to watch a Wera race to see if I wanted to race there. Hell no! Wasn't shortly after that visit Wera racer Greg Moore seriously broke his leg in that turn onto the straight through the wall. Place was weird most that turn seemed like it went through the main paddock area :D

10. Nothing is bunched. I just can't see how a track in Southern Louisiana, and the most southern track on the schedule, falls into a region called "Mid Central", a region that at one point had Nashville as one of its main tracks.

If there is no NOLA region or N.Florida region then it makes the most geographical sense in the Southern region.

Of course this is just my opinion. It isn't up to me which tracks go in what regions, all that up to me is where I race.

It would take me approximately 14-15hrs to get to NOLA, one way.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

NOLA is close enough to the areas I mentioned to be viable, a little far but viable.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So on NOLA - what about a December 10-11 date to start off the 2017 schedule for the area? Granted this year the weather was amazing.

throwdown and roy826ex like this.
  13. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Let's get together next time we are at the track, I bet we can get your winterization process down to the 15 minute or less mark.

14. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Wuuuut aren't you in TN? That's like 9 hours away fool. Hell It's an hour longer than going to D&D. So it looks like you'll just have to ride one of my R6's. I would let you ride the 10 but then you'd go kick the Pani once you got home.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He's in TN within a few miles of VA. Way the hell east.

16. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Like Decemeber 10-11th of 2016?? That being the only date all year?? :( That sooooooooooo far away.

17. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Jefferson City is saying 9:15 mins taking I-59. That's my drive to Road A or Jennings.

18. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

You all realize by engaging him like this, it takes away from deciding the whole double header/vintage dealeo...;)

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not the only date - the third date. Got a couple others I have to confirm now the boss and I talked but that one is open too. Thinking about scheduling it.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's on hold until I hear back from some other peeps so no delay talking to these fools :D