1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2016 WERA Schedule

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Interesting.

2. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

You need to put the LMAO emoticon back in the mix...

And for what its worth, Kurt and I thank you for the MC Schedule as we are pretty sure we can make all of them at this point.

3. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I'm in!!! :D Obviously. There was 45 peeps at the trackday this past weekend. I'm not sure I have ever seen a turnout that high in the area since the fist one. I know, trackday peeps aren't racers. But it's also saying a lot about the area as of late.

4. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Haha yea I literally did that at Nola last January between my last two races. Then got home and realized I forgot the stupid outdoor shower. It's tough going to warm them back to freezing cold all in the same 48 hours. Just s hassle I'm tired of dealing with.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay - the very tentative pending the track still having them dates for NOLA are 4/2-3 and 9/24-25. MC region for sure, possibly one SE but doubt it and possibly one as a National but that'll be a bit.

6. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

It's not the drive.... Delve with me into the mind of Chaotic.... It is that for ONCE he may be able to make enough rounds to not only win a championship, but win like 4-8 in the Mid Central.. Squirrel!! And not only that, but it gives him THAT much more time on the track. Now, what are the chances that the dates you pick are aligned with his schedule this year, given the chances with all the others lining up, it's gonna be... oh shiney... pretty slim. This now puts a damper on his excitement. Which I get, and which sucks.. Possibly. Because right now he's like Chris Farley in Tommyboy right when he's talking about making that sale then ends with your putting it on the schedule and .... Ducati Carbon!!!...... the car burning on the guys desk before Tommy gets kicked out. :D

But he does have a point about Geographical location of the regions lol

Gorilla George likes this.
  7. roy826ex

Works for me!

8. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

9. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Best dates EVER!!!!! Woot!! Both good weather prime dates. I guess they owe yall from last year screwing you.

10. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

ah right. that makes sense.

11. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Honest question. What will differentiate the National Series from the Southeast series?

12. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

I saw this on FB. Trying to figure that one out. I've heard of no racing at Jennings for the time being. I know that Borge (Track Owner) is working on it with the County trying to work something out.

13. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Not just from a weather standpoint, but I wouldn't think racing would be a high priority for many in December.

14. Yep. Very interesting, especially considering I don't live in Jefferson City and have no damn idea where it is.

I was born in Southern MS and know exactly how long it takes to get there, and NOLA is an additional 105 miles past where I used to live.

15. I am not going to argue with or deny that. I race every year and pour thousands into this sport, all while knowing I will never win a Championship due to my work schedule.

Now finally after 8 years of hoping, the race schedule finally works out where I have a chance. I had every intentions of making a run at 8 Regional Championships. I was so excited about it that I already placed an order for another Panigale 1299S to be race prepped as a backup bike.

Then I find out that excitement and planning was all for nothing because of a track being added to the region that is so far south even the Southern Region guys will have to drive hours to get to it.

And the 2 races planned at that track, that is neither Mid nor Central, fall into when I am at work.

If we were talking about Nashville then it is what it is. But NOLA, the most southern track on the schedule?

So yeah, i am not going to lie or argue with your point. I am very passionate about this sport and my racing. So I am disappointed and pissed and now reconsidering my plans for this season as a whole.

16. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Dang it!! you blew my whole theory out of the water!! Hmmmmmm SE for NOLA!!! Or make the NOLA region to include the Decemeber date. Then you have 3 weekends or 6 races for the region. If you really wanna get spunky throw in the Barber round since it is geographically the closest to NOLA than any other track and there you go. NOLA! Plus it will give the NOLA guys a reason to go to Barber and come back to NOLA in Decemeber.

17. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

No. :D

18. Agreed

19. roy826ex

Welcome to my world I don't like having to drive to Road Atlanta every year to race cycle jam because it's on my mid central schedule. Plus I don't even like the track!

20. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I know I know. And I am only messing. I get exactly why and knew going in why. I just posted a logical reasonable way to do it, because you are actually right, the majority of the WERA South Eastern racers in the area live in and around the Atlanta area. Which only makes sense that the mid central area should include the Mid Central.

You're.... more obsessed than me lol Which is saying something. And lemme ask you, the dates posted will you be here? The reason I ask is that you can bank on people only making one of those rounds. Go look up the results and you will find this to be the case for the most part. So make one. Come down, I'll show you around and you'll love the track. Seriously you wouldn't have to make both anyways even if he did add it to MC.

Can a brotha get a Hear Hear on THIS!!!!!! I don't like RA either so you can imagine my pleasure when the even was moved to Barber :D