1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2016 WERA Schedule

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Dec 15, 2015.

1. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I'm just gonna leave this here...... Nola weather. 61 HI- 43 LO 5.2 Average rain
    Tally.... Average 59 HI - 35 LO 6.0 Average rain...

Attached Files:

2. You never know about Tally in Feb. I have been when it was spitting snow and never got higher than 42deg all day.....and I have been when it was 72deg and sunny all weekend. I am going to being some rain tires mounted to make sure we get the latter. :D

3. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

6 minutes would be a record!

4. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Yep, I remember one year it was so cold and shitty I am still not sure what the hell I was thinking. I had the bikes in the trailer between races because they were push starts and hard to start in the cold. So between races I pulled them into the trailer with a blanket on them and a space heater.... Ahhhhh Vintage lol

5. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

That's cause you keep stopping to kiss babies and shake hands with all ur fans.

6. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

That's been wrong last two years running. Just tired of dealing with the logistics that time of year.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Meh. I'll work on that after I get the important stuff done - probably while sitting at a bar :D

8. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

Was really hoping for a NCM date.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wouldn't surprise me a bit - I've got the 2015 calendar above the 2016 and keep looking at the wrong one. Which events?

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Same here, I was hoping for adequate runoff when they built a brand new track. Add in that you have to roll off around the sound measuring area and it's just not ready for racing.

11. roy826ex

It was snowing last year waiting at the gate to get in.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Working on dates. Have a list from them, boss and I will hopefully sort it out today. Also have to decide if it's worth doing the NOLA region or just Mid Central and run two events.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No they do not - they run their own which makes no sense to me but it's not my track.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No. The DH (and thereby the Vintage) dates have not been set. The events with a V will have Vintage no matter what so they already have a V by them.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Still have to add NOLA dates to it.

16. And THAT is where you went wrong. I have had to push start bikes before because of a dead battery or something. But I am not going to leave the house KNOWING the bike isn't going to start unless I push the fucking thing down the paddock. :D

17. roy826ex

My vote is no Nola region, why because everyone in mid Central has to go outside their sandbox as is to race so they should too.

18. NOLA to Mid-Central? Or do you just mean add to the schedule overall?

I would have to think the latter. NOLA is so far south that it barely fits into the Southern region and for sure there is nothing "Mid-Central" about it.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm going to work on that. I'd like to do it but want to do it on Saturdays at some point - but then again it also ups the tire bill which I don't like since that usually decreases the classes a rider will run. Helps tire guys pay bills but not us. Then again it's good experience for the riders...

Anyway, I am seriously thinking about it. Awk again in January if you think about it, a reminder to sit for a while with an event schedule would help me out.

cajun636 likes this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

January.