Motoamerica silly season

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Nov 18, 2015.

1. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Danny is riding the TOBC bike in the 200. Not sure if he is on it for the rest of the season.

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Any word on Gerloff and Beach? Are they staying on R6's in SuperSport?

3. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Have you ridden the Yamaha and Kawasaki? I'm in no position to make a judgment, and I am sure your praise for the Duc is well-earned, but perspective is a whole other story.

4. In fairness, no I haven't (obviously nobody has ridden the new Ninja) and I am sure Eddie will say the R1 is the better bike. :D

I am basing my comments/opinion on my experience with other Liter bikes I have ridden (previous Gen R1, Gixxer 1k, RSV4 and previous Gen ZX10). And even on some of the MW bikes I have ridden. This Panigale is lighter, has better brakes and changes directions better than my Gixxer 750, any of my ZX6R's or my 675 did in SS trim.

I am sure the new R1 is a kickass bike. And in all honesty, all of the modern Liter bikes are more capable than we are. Whether I am/was on a 1299, ZX or R1, if/when I lose, it wouldnt be because of the bike.

5. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I'm seriously excited about the new Honda. With Nicky running so well I hope they do the right thing and give him the right bike. I am super stoked.

But that Panni you have is badass to say the least. I may have to come sit on it.

Nekked

6. Ive killed people for less than that.

jt21 likes this.
  7. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I just need to know the Black Friday/Saturday holiday blowout price for the 675...:D

8. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

:D

9. :D

If I get along well with the Duc (and I can't see why I won't), the R6 will be up for sale in March.

And BTW - it only has about 25 laps on it since having the motor, suspension and braking systems completely refreshed.

I will be able to do 5 classes on the Duc, so I wont have a need for a MW bike. Instead I will either get another 1299S as a backup, or maybe one of the new 959's.

10. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

But what about the Triumph? :D - I got three fiddy!

11. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I got Tree fiddy myself on that R6 :D

12. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Is KAWASAKI not coming back as a factory effort over there for 2016, with the new rocket ship from hell

13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I heard they weren't interested.

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Not likely, they haven't had a "factory" effort since 2009 if I recall.

15. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

OK then. Kawasaki USA supporting a team to race there brand in the highest level class in the USA

16. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Doubt it. Kawi has been non existent. Biggest 1000 market in the world and they don't think racing will sell bikes it looks like.

17. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Some one must have seriously pissed them off some how

18. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Yep. Not sure how. Or they just decided that it doesn't help sell bikes.

19. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

What's Aprilia doing? Are they going to run two bikes again with Morais and ??

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

They have WSBK to sell them via racing. They are like Godzilla tearing through Tokyo there, they don't need wins at VIR or LaGooooona to sell to the casual race fan.

The steakheads, stutahs and squids don't care about and can't spell motoamerica.