1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LeMans, France | MotoGP 2014 (spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by caferace, May 14, 2014.

1. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

The rules are hard to keep track of this year because it seems like they keep changing every few weeks.

http://www.motomatters.com/analysis/2014/03/23/2014_motogp_rule_cheat_sheet_the_open_fa.html

2. I definitely chuckled a bit when they showed three or four people just sitting in the garage twiddling their thumbs.

3. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

In 1993 when I managed a 250 GP team, it used to cost $10-000 US$ to not have a rider on the grid under the contract.

We also used to recieve $10K US$ for completing just one lap in the race for the TV

4. Wow. That's good money for completing a lap. With todays schedule, that would be $180,000 just for completing a lap in all the races. And then a lot more if you adjust for inflation!

5. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

No idea what is these days mate. Unfortunately the team I was managing was taken over by an Irish team owner and that involved hand GUNS!!!!!!!!!

6. You mean they took over the team by force?!?!

7. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

The Irish man was owed money buy the man that employed me to build and manage the team, so YEA mate all done with Legal signatures though on paper hahahahaha

I never got paid back the money I invested in the team to get Rodney Fee his ride though

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Rodney owes people money on every continent and then some :crackup:

9. caferace

caferace No.

There are some amazing stories ...

-jim

10. caferace

caferace No.

FP3 about to get underway. Not sure I'll make it. Eating ince cream to fend off sleep.

-jim

11. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

lorenzo on top. looked like he did it on softer rear

12. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

This statement made me laugh:crackup:

13. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

No. Dairy helps you go to sleep.

14. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Marquez ran the soft rear too. But, he also did less laps. Come and get me boys!

15. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Why can't the camera guys pan away quickly when the guy has got a big booger hanging from his nose?

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Camera guys tend to be gross :D

17. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Colin would have fixed that with a big smile on his face. :D

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, Q2 was interesting.

19. Phl218

Phl218 .

Indeed. Race will redistribute powers though...