09 GSXR1000 cranks...fail..

Discussion in 'General' started by ed who?, Oct 5, 2010.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Oh man, did this thing just get turnt up to 11?

2. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

Nope. He stated 10.5 approximately 140mph.

3. v3nt0

v3nt0 Member

As far as I read, the 2012 model was redesigned and the problem got fixed.

So I'm looking if there is a long term solution for this issue on the K9 model. I will fix my bike but I would like to make sure this premature failure won't happen again...

4. v3nt0

v3nt0 Member

Sorry, I thought he was asking about the years of the bikes that had this issue... :)

5. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Hot a 11 model that's had the piss raced out of it. Has not happened yet, not saying it won't but I'm not losing sleep over it. She still winning races.

6. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Yeah, he was winning the hwy races!

7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

What's your address. I'll send some folks over to check out that funny noise. Be sure to have the video handy...They'll want it as evidence.

8. 418

418 Expert #59

You guys realize his English is limited and he doesn't realize these weak ass jokes right?

9. v3nt0

v3nt0 Member

:up:

10. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

No. :eek:

But to be fair, that is standard '140mph on the street' newbie hazing around here. Anybody else would have gotten the same. Nothing in any of his posts gave the impression English was not his first language.

Anyway, apologies for my part in our little ritual hazing. Hope your bike gets fixed. :beer:

11. I'm not apologizing and you should take it as a complement that we didn't realize.

What squadron are we joining?

12. Scotty87

Dick. Don't make me be the softy. :D

13. Ill sleep on it. Your apology was done in haste and I want mine to mean something.

14. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I think a video overlay showing the speed and location would be good to add first.

Looks like an I10 track day to me.

15. Scotty87

:crackup:

16. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

:crackup: yea I know all about those types they seem to be a dime a dozen.

Sadly mine never won any highway races, not sure what I was doing wrong :D

17. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

In the states, we were having the cranks cross-drilled to get around the oiling problem, but that didn't necessarily stop the fracturing issue. It made it less likely, but was not really a perfect solution. Obviously, Suzuki realized there was an issue and redesigned the bottom end. You may have damaged the crankcase anyway, if so look for a '12 or newer engine and bolt that in there.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Could be he lives in a place where 140 on the highway is okay and you all are just being close minded fart lumps. The autobahns for example?

Gawd, I hope that is the case and some of you come out looking the smrat.

19. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

Duh! He would've said he was running metric RPM's if he was in a country that allows 140MPH on the highway!

20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Full tuck + flat out = epic winz