1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(Former) Cop shoots man for texting during movie previews

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Lawn Dart, Jan 13, 2014.

1. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

That could make him defensive or offensive, and any arrests could wind up being expensive & intensive

2. RR558

RR558 Well-Known Member

I didn't know texting was all that loud . The previews suck anyway.

3. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

No, not loud. The screen glows quite brightly in a dark theater and is annoying as fuck though.

4. RR558

RR558 Well-Known Member

But it was the Fucking previews. He should have laid the old man out .

5. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

My new mantra. :D

6. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

Texting is bad enough, but it ubiquitous. I mean everyone is texting everywhere all the time...

More annoying is people filming things with their bright phones and now tablets. Movie theaters, school plays, concerts, and even Church! I find them all highly annoying, but it seems to be more a sign of my age and intolerance as much as anything. Women and young kids seem to treat using an iPod or iPad as an appendage. They have a right to film proceedings just as much as they have a right to use their eyes!!!

At a Christmas service, that admittedly was the youth play service, there were several moms filming their kids from the pews using iPads. It was pretty distracting and annoying. I told myself to "get over it" (we were in church after all), but sometimes I could hardly see what was going on. Normally in a auditorium of any type you have to look b/w peoples' heads to see what is happening. Now, that formerly empty space is occupied with a device making it harder to see.

One more. At our indoor soccer games, the parents sit in the bleachers. There are always a few people who go stand right up at the glass directly in front of the bleachers so they can be closer to watch their kids. Those of us sitting where we're supposed to can't see. Every week we have to ask some set of numnuts to please move. At least half the time the parent isn't watching anyway, but playing on their phone oblivious to the world around them. This is will only get worse I suspect.

7. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Ya, or else shut his phone down after getting called out for doing something he was not supposed to.
    So we can safely assume that you are part of the generation that doesn't like being away from your phone?

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Yeah, because you are so important that you can't be out of touch for a couple hours. Decency and respect for others is what it is called. The dude shouldn't have been shot, but you shouldn't have to be asked to be considerate of others. I go to movies so seldom, I like to see the previews. What he SHOULD have done is take his texting a$$ out to the lobby. If something was going on that his daughter need to be that closely in touch, maybe he should have been home instead of at the theater.

9. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I'm of the opinion that in excess of 99% of all texts are of a trivial nature. Of course, I'm a bit of a curmudgeon and don't text. I'm waiting for them to invent a device with which I can actually talk to someone far away without the need to type out my thoughts.

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

They have an app for that.

11. Bunke10

Bunke10 Well-Known Member

Thank god the man that was shot wasn't black. Then it would have been a hate crime.

Old man is a pussy. Should have had his face beat in by somebody in that theater. If you can justify even for one second, even so much as pulling out a gun, over an argument about a text message, you shouldn't own a gun. Period.

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

No one is justifying what the old man did. No one deserved to die and no one deserves to have their face beat in. A little uncommon courtesy would have prevented this, and countless other situations that escalate because people simple have no consideration for anyone but themselves.

13. Bunke10

Bunke10 Well-Known Member

I mean after he shot the guy.

And I agree that the guy texting could have simply walked out of the theater. Just as easily as the old man could have gotten himself under control.

Bad situation made worse by irresponsible people.

14. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

You mean the world doesn't just revolve around me? I call shenanagins.

IMO the Old fugger did everything correct until he pulled out the gun. When he returned and the texter was being a douche he could have simply walked away and allowed management to remove texter.

Douche nozzles all the way around.

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I can't revolve around both of us, and I was here first. Calling Shenanigans won't help. He was injured in a texting confrontation yesterday.

16. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

One thing I'm sure of.....

Everybody in the theater that day will never be fucking around with their phone during a movie.

Count on it.

17. 600 dbl are

One of us is going to end up dead in a movie theater.

Too soon?

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I will be sure to offfer my condolences to your family. :D

19. 600 dbl are

:crackup:

:beer:

20. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

But wasn't he behind him, why would that be annoying? Quiet and glowing, there's a helluva reason to get upset.