1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(Former) Cop shoots man for texting during movie previews

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Lawn Dart, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. Given my little knowledge due to that case I don't see the guy getting off on self defense. Going to be hard to go full fear for your life if other dude wasn't armed and there was enough room for the wife to put her hand up between the gun and hubby.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The thing is you're coming to a conclusion based on all that lack of info. I'm not. I agree it'll be a hard sell no matter what.

The bias is all you, it's a moot point in the real world and the guy was a 71 year old man, long retired and doubtful he's been training much. You're assuming a hell of a lot of the grumpy old guy because of the bias. Yeah it's a possibility - but it's no more likely than any other.

3. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

And here is the problem.

The media wouldn't want to put a slant on anything to sell something would they?

:Poke:

4. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Gay redneck republican?

5. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

A really big gun free zone sign would have prevented this tragedy.

6. Robby-Bobby

Man, i am really hypocritical on this comment, but that is a damn big theatre.

I can bet that there were plenty of other open seats that could have been used.

If he truly didn't want trouble, why not just move? What do those big polaces seat like 300+ in the new release theatres?

I mean, I damn sure have told people to turn off their fucking phones including my GF! LOL I even stole hers till after the movie.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh yeah - both sides are pure absolute morons for ever letting it get to that point.

8. Robby-Bobby

It was really hard to type that as I could have very well in at least 3 instances, been a dead guy.... Im not a texter, but I am a voicer of my opinion of movie ass-holes:)

I better start working on thinking better...

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Lots of stupid people out there, arguing over dumb shit is best left on the interwebs and not in person.

10. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

:stupid:

That goes double in Florida

11. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

So you reactivated the Dungeon out of a sense of civic duty?

12. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

You never know, he could be saving a life. :D

13. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

:crackup:

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Popcorn can be almost as deadly as skittles in the hands of a skilled expert.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, in this case there were witnesses so I'd guess they'd step in if grumpy was getting his head bashed in :D

16. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Im w/ IYC on this one.
    Wasting my hard earned cash & time in the theater, is the same as trying to steal my wallet...All bets are off!!!!!
    And yes on the traffic jam, time is money, and I will not be robbed of it.
    So, to answer your question, you are wrong! IYC is right!
    Case closed.

17. charles

charles The Transporter

Let's change the setting and see if your opinions change too:

1. redneck bar
    2. whorehouse (ho-house?)
    3 statehouse (oh, sorry, I covered this in #2)
    4. parking lot of Walmart
    5. swingers party
    6. in the woods
    7. Harlem
    8. Kabul

18. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Just think how many people you killed by closing the dungeon. Darren probably started his serial killing spree right then :Pop:

19. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

That's a really dumb hypothetical, why would I give a shit what someone else was doing at any of those places? Texting/talking on a cell phone CAN be distracting at a movie. In any of those other places it would be business as usual. And regardless of the location, its still dumb to shoot someone for texting... Except maybe Kabul. They could be insurgent, and they could be detonating a bomb. The fact that I had to go that extreme means its still a dumb hypothetical. :D

20. Pepsi Drinker

Pepsi Drinker Well-Known Member

dido