1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(Former) Cop shoots man for texting during movie previews

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Lawn Dart, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I could maybe see that during the feature, what with the high cost of tickets these days, but not during the previews.

3. Lawn Dart

I thought maybe he feared for his life when popcorn came flying at him. That butter-like substance is lethal...

4. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Arm all texting movie goers.

Problem solved....

5. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Lesson here should be don't eff with cranky old men...

6. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I am not saying that the guy deserved to get shot but people could stand to be alot less rude with their cell phones.

7. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

The obvious solution is to disarm anyone over a certain age, that age to be determined by a panel of government experts. Perhaps to be safe, all retired LEO types need to be placed on an NSA watch list.

8. hank748

hank748 Well-Known Member

Florida... that explains everything....

9. jp636

jp636 Yellow Turd

Guess he was the Lone Survivor. Too soon?

10. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Signs work...

11. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

:stupid:

12. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Anyone care to bet that this particular theater was a gun-free zone?

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The shooter retired from law enforcement in '93. Why is that relevant? He was an amusement park security cop at Busch Gardens until 2005. Is that a step up or down from mall cop?

Shooter deserves life. Damn sure hope that text was important to the deceased. Maybe they shouldn't have banned manners from the premesis.

14. Lawn Dart

He was apparently texting his daughter for one reason or another. Considering his wife was with him, it may well have been important.

15. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Well-Known Member

If it was important he could have gotten up and walked out of the theater. Or he could have said, "Sorry, man. Got a text from the kid. I'm done. I'll put it away."

Instead he got mouthy when the old man came back to his seat, then started a physical altercation.

I don't think it's too surprising that a 71-year old tried to even things up a little bit when he found himself in a physical confrontation with a 40-year old.

16. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Ridiculous.

17. BR549

BR549 Well-Known Member

FTFP (Fuck The Former Police).

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I do not condone the old guys actions. However, if the reports are accurate, he did try to handle the manner as he should have. He asked the guy to stop...more than once, then asked management to intervene as they should have. Then the deceased got mouthy for getting called out on breaking the rules of the theater because obvioulsy whatever he was doing was more important than anyone else around him.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

"You forgot the emoticon!" <blamo blamo> "How are people supposed to know how you meant the post?" <blamo blamo> "I'll teach you how to twatter right . . . WITH MY GUN!" <blamo blamo blamo> "and your little dog too!"

20. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Really? You could maybe see shooting and killing a person if he was texting during the feature, but not the previews?!?!?!?

How about road rage caused by sitting in a 4 hour traffic jam created by your governor? Would it be OK to kill someone over that too?

Good one. Of course, according to the NRA, this would have solved this problem. Nothing would have gone wrong if they both had pulled guns, right. I mean with 20 some odd other people in the theater, what possibly could have gone wrong. Oh forgot they all would have guns too.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014