1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(Former) Cop shoots man for texting during movie previews

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Lawn Dart, Jan 13, 2014.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I know I am getting old with the usual memory issues, but I cannot remember granting you the authority to decide which part of the show was of value to the rest of the people in the theater. Do you have documentation of your promotion to theater czar?

2. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

It was granted by the Power of Grey Skull.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Sorry, I don't recognize the power of anything beyond Wabbit Season. Besides, Greyskull went section 8 two years ago.

4. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I thought Hanibal brought it back to join Face, BA and Murdock?

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Murdoch is locked in the belfry with the bats. Mr.T lost his jewelry collection to Pete Rose, and Face converted the front parlor into a subsidized efficiency. Hannibal has left the building.

6. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

How anyone can defend the shooter is beyond me. After all, he shot the guy because the he throw popcorn at him, at least this is what the shooter is telling the cops.

7. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Murdock or Matlock?

8. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Maybe you'll understand this; young, aggressive, dumb-ass drivers on the road piss me off too. I'm old and one young hardbelly nearly got his ass run off the road this afternoon when he cut me off less than one hundred yards from a light. Which, by the way, he had to stop for anyway. All that aggressive driving didn't save him a single second.

God, I wonder how in the hell we survived without cell phones when I was young? I guess we just had to pay attention to what was happening around us instead huh?:up:

9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Not so long ago, it would have gone like this:

"let's watch the movie hon."

And the world didn't end and everyone's children weren't kidnapped while mom and dad were at the theater.
    I actually lived during the time when people didn't stay in constant touch with one another, and things went quite well most of the time.

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

O he knows. :p

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I ain't lying, fool. I've never heard that term before.

12. charles

charles The Transporter

Interesting conversation going on here…it's probably just me, getting senile, but what in the hell are all these people doing that it is SO critical for them to be talking constantly on cellphones (or 'texting')?

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've heard it but it still makes no sense since same rules apply in amateur theater.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

In this scenario checking on a child evidently.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

There's amateur theater too?
    Is it based on who is performing on stage? Help a brother out.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Lots of amateur theater, church plays, community theaters, high school, college. Like most pro vs amateur stuff - pay versus volunteer.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

OK, I was confused because I thought he used the "professional" distinction to separate it from movie theaters. As if somehow, movie theaters were not professional.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He probably did, theater snob and all.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Fucking uppity white English literature majors. :rolleyes:

20. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

We're in Ocala right now and the Tampa Fox station said the shooters attorney is planning the Stand your ground defense? Really.....?