"Official" Craigslist failure thread

Discussion in 'General' started by trashman_nate, Apr 7, 2010.

Tags:
  1. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Just browsing through bikes on CL a minute ago... Lol

"hipster bike for sale flip flop hub - $400 (east orlando)
    Hey, are you looking for a fixed gear or single speed bike? Do you wear your sisters pants and cut them at the knees? Do you think pbr is a great beer and all your friends go to fullsail? If you have answered yes to any of these then I have the bike for you!!!...but if you said no then fuck it. Buy this anyways.

The bike is mint. And rides great.
    Has both fixed/single speed hubs on the rear. 42tooth. Great bike but I don't need it.alluminum frame. So not only will u be the new cool kid with this royal purple bike ( your friends will call you "sir xxxxx" bc with purple its obvious your king but you will also make ubberer tips delivering jimmyjohns. 32133----- text me for pics. My craigslist app sucks donkey dick
    . "

2. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I've actually met that guy and seen his band play at a show in a little venue in Tullahoma. My closest childhood friend lived in Lynchburg for many years and always followed the music scene around Murfreesboro and Nashville closely so she knew many musicians from many different genres and naturally knew the few musicians around Lynchburg since the town is so small, you know just about everybody who lives there anyways. Went to a metal show with her one night in nearby Tullahoma where a mutual friend of ours was playing and this guy's band opened. They were terrible to say the least. Weird fucker too. Was about 3 years or so ago, I guess. Havent seen or heard anything about them since.

3. ElBigBC

ElBigBC Never done learning

4. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

I saw this somewhere else, not too long ago.

Apparently, it's a common misconception . . .

among people who know little about motorcycles. :crackup:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  5. ElBigBC

ElBigBC Never done learning

But it's a screaming deal at 1800.00! Deal breaker for me was the mohawk helmet inlcuded.

6. jasco

jasco Active Member

I like how he said he "downgraded to a 2013 ZX6R"

http://bloomington.craigslist.org/mcy/3694576841.html

2010 Ninja 250r heavily modified - $3000 (Bloomington, Indiana)
    I'm selling my red 2010 Ninja 250r with about 13k miles (I'm still riding it until I sell it, if you want exact numbers, let me know). This is an extremely CUSTOM bike with a ton of time, money, and love put into it. I downgraded to a 2013 ZX6R abs model and don't have the space to keep this bike too. I'm asking a very modest $3,000 for the bike considering the amount of aftermarket parts and performance tweaks. It's really a bike best used on the track but is more than capable on the streets. None of the parts listed below were replaced due to OEM failure except for the front turn signals. I did not keep the OEM parts (I either donated or sold them via ninjette.org.

The bike was low-sided once when it was around 2,800 miles. I had new tires put on and they slipped causing a less than 10 mile per hour low slide. Absolutely no damage was caused to the bike other than a few scrapes in the right front fairings and a broken front right turn signal (replaced). The only other minor issue (which isn't applicable to most people) is that the ignition has a tendency to freeze in the winter if you don't spray some WD-40 in it every couple of weeks. If this is a deal breaker, I have no issues replacing the ignition (only costs about $40 and takes less than an hour).

This bike was taken to the race track multiple times and never crashed (other than low-side mentioned above). I've changed the oil after the first 100 miles, 600miles, and then following every 3,000 miles as well as a change before and after winter. I've always put in Royal Purple 10w-40 full syth and replaced with K&N air filters each change. The engine brake-in was done as a hard brake-in to maximize engine life and power. Chain cleaned/adjusted (if needed) every couple of weeks. I've kept detailed logs of most the work I've done to this bike.

I'm only going to try and sell this for a month or so. After that I'd rather part it out then spend more time trying to sell it. This is a real steal if you're looking for a quick bike with excellent handling and MPG (riding it very hard, I average about 55~60mpg. Babying it, I got up to 81mpg http://www.reddit.com/r/250r/comments/s93iq/biggest_accomplishment_since_i_bought_her_10_250r/ ). Sale isn't urgent so if you are interested but need more time, just let me know. I'm willing to work with you if you're willing to work with me.

You can test ride ONLY if the money is in my hand. The only trades I'll consider are for a dual sport, otherwise cash only. I'm selling bike as is. If you want any specific pictures or information, don't hesitate to email/text me. I work 3rd shift, so I might be difficult to reach via phone unless you call between 8am-noon or 5pm-midnight. I am the original owner and I bought this bike brand new (paid in full) February 4th, 2011. I have the title in hand.

Engine performance:
    EBC fiber clutch plates (about 5k miles)
    EBC clutch springs (about 5k miles)
    K&N Pod filters (airbox delete)
    Block off plate
    Factory pro stage 3 jet kit
    Pit Bull 14/45 sprockets (about 2k miles)
    EK 520SRX x-ring chain (gold about 2k miles)
    Sportisi full system race carbon exhaust (dirty)

Suspension/comfort:
    X Race top triple clamp (red 0 miles, never installed)
    X Race top triple clamp (silver)
    X Race rear sets (gold)
    Woodcraft Clip ons
    Adjustable shorty clutch/brake lever
    Slingshot preload adjusters (red, never used)
    Spiegler front brake line (red, never used)
    Race-tech fork spring kit (setup for street/track at 200lbs)
    EBC HH front brake pads (about 5k miles)
    EBC GG rear brake pads (about 5k miles)
    120 Pirelli Rosso II front tire (about 2k miles, lots of tread left estimated to be replaced in another 3k miles)
    140 Pirelli Rosso II rear tire (about 2k miles, lots of tread left, estimated to be replaced in another 2k miles)

Cosmetic:
    Koso RX-2 GP Guage with custom bracket and Koso Voltmeter
    Flush Mount LED front turn signals
    Brake light modulator
    Yoshimuri fender eliminator
    CBR250 huger (not yet installed)
    Zero gravity double bubble
    Red reflective rim tape (has my youtube channel name on it, so I can remove/clean if you'd like)
    ZX2R Decals on rear fairings
    Gran Turismo logo on lower right/left fairings
    Killzone 3 decal on front windscreen

Contact information:
    Nathan M.
    Phone: (three one two) seven size 8 - 8 zero five 9 (sorry, trying to avoid spam bots..)
    Reddit: btownninja

Picture album:
    Note: most of these are taken with cell phone. I am more than happy to take any pictures from any angle that is requested. I'll update this album over time:
    03/21/2013 2:38am: https://picasaweb.google.com/108627...authkey=Gv1sRgCMq6g9TOvarYggE&feat=directlink

7. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

8. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

9. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Don't let this charming personality and demure nature fool you. I am Very Metal! :D

And then what? His momma would yell at him for leaving the garden shed open and take away the keys to his Chevette until he can be more responsible? :D

Yep, after a threatened lawsuit by the ones who originated Kabuki face paint...KISS. :rolleyes:

Not only would no one ever confuse Gene Simmons with King Diamond, no one would ever think the Detroit Douches could hit a falsetto while simultaneously growling.

10. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

11. Ian178

Ian178 Well-Known Member

12. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

This is quite possibly the dumbest "invention" I've seen in a while. Not only would I NOT pay $60 for it, but I'd PAY someone $60 to kick me in the nuts in an effort to prevent me from buying it.

http://syracuse.craigslist.org/spo/3674653347.html

13. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

you've never had a shotski? Go to a Hofbrahaus

14. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

For you weird Suzuki people.

[​IMG]

15. wood600rr

wood600rr Well-Known Member

"It has been lowered the right way by cutting coils not heating them"

I thought the right way was with aftermarket coils?

16. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

17. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

18. r1owner

r1owner All cars suck!

19. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

20. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers