1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ZX400

Discussion in 'General' started by G Dawg, Feb 1, 2023.

1. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Not a big issue. R7, MT-07, 3rd gen SV650 all have fixed steel subframes and Robem has a kit. ust need a decent welder. Also, the mounting points interlock and bolt together so it maintains any rigidity the subframe provided

Attached Files:

• R7.jpg
      R7.jpg
      File size:
      39.1 KB
      Views:
  2. surfingsk8r

surfingsk8r Well-Known Member

That is good to know and makes really good sense. Appreciate the info.

3. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I should find pics of my 92 YZ250's frame getting straightened, it had a crazy amount of twist and offset in the front and now it's straight and true. Did have to repaint it after all the heat burned the paint off the impacted area but that's a minor problem.

Razr likes this.
  4. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

5. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

157 speedo , so what's that 145 in reality ?

6. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

It's easier when there is no wind resistance to deal with.

7. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

True,,It's just not pushin any wind...

8. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Buh, also means no ram air... :D

Talking to my local dealer, I don't think I'll be able to get my hands on one in time to do anything this year. Claiming they haven't been able to order one yet, and noted that they're in the '3rd wave' for deliveries from Kawi, basically the last to get anything. Bah.

9. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

10. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I talked to a salesperson @ Scott Powersports {Tyler's dads place} and was told they expect the 2 allotted them in a couple of months . 1 is confirmed sold, the other might be available .

11. Jeveritt

Jeveritt Well-Known Member

Just getting in here for info, I have my name on the only one my dealer is getting. I believe the number I was told was like 75 for the first round in the states

12. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Man I hope for your guys sake they deliver better than the 660 did. Otherwise it'll be this time next year before they show up

13. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Man I'll be very surprised if that bike achieves a honest 130-135 mph.

The whole thing is starting to feel like internet promotion & keyboard hype..?
    Even that Graves video, there wearing factory Kawasaki mechanic shirts?

If it's substantially faster than that..then I suppose I'll have to drink a beer :beer:

14. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Well , Kawasaki did get them the bike before anyone else .
    Also, when I 1st got my 06 Ninja 650's [which made 62hp stock] I was friends with several Leo's . Took it on the hwy and let it rip. Speedo indicated 145 mph.
    Radar showed 138.
    I tend to think the ZX400 will be a little faster out of the box.

15. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

Dude, Mark Evry's 30 year old 'Stock' 400 pull's 135-137 at Daytona..

evakat likes this.
  16. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

You forgot he rides royal enfield classic :)

17. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

:Pop:
    Stock ..Ya pick one of the fastest FZRs out there...probably, balanced /blueprinted internals, limit if a valve job..and likely drafting ..lol
    Similar to Tony Scott's RC-30s faster than HRCs werks bikes..lol:Poke:

They gut I bought my Delta box swinger from had one..I know it didn't do 130...I think it was a 1991? I'm sure he told me 120 something...I've ridden plenty of them back in the day....
    for a average FZR...from my experience, a full race prepped and tuned.... perhaps I'm on board w 130ish:flag:
    Smart Ass...lol :)

I'm going on a ramble..so tune out if ya don't wanna read flashbacks..lol

It's been a long while ( close to 10 yrs) since I've even exceeded 150 mph..lol
    I used to do that in my youth w regularity in the late 80s, Early 90s...
    My FZR @ El Mirage I did 171...on the dry lake bed! way way back when, My built RZ did about 130..Gary @ Spec II , thought I should have gone a lil faster..but I did my gearing all wrong..thought I knew better..young & dumb..lol

3 fastest bikes I've been on was
    My FZR1000, Then a friend's bikes a
    Turbo Hayabusa in the range of 400 h.p...we unloaded it a Chirco Summit on the 10 freeway to AZ. and he said go for it! I let her rip....Pretty much 200 mph ...I was frankly scared as I hadn't ridden a bike for a decade..that thing belched flames... It was SICK!
    Then he bought WSBK spec Honda Fireblade... supposedly made 200+ h.p.

It was stupid fast..That scared the Fk outta me to..but I only hit about 150 on that....I'd been off bikes way to long...
    The SRAD develops unexpected speedwobbles...I've been way to scared to hit triple digits. My fault...leaking fork seals, aggressive suspension and no stabilizer..I'm gonna have to do sumpthin bout that.
    That Royal Enfield though HOLD ON 2 YER HAT...I think she's good for 70 mph..flat out, full tuck and downhill...in a 18 wheelers draft...:crackup:

I'll be impressed if that baby Ninja ...does pull 140+ I wonder if it has any low end grunt whatsoever, or if it's like a FZR400..Where its anemic at anything but 10000 RPM? I guess ya can't realistically expect any more from 399 cc ....I believe it would still be a fun machine.... Not much different than my RZ...you have to ring it's neck to get to where the fun is..however in the past the RZ was considerably faster than just about any 400cc 4 stroke, and Waaaaay more fun to ride. But I also run a 16 tooth sprocket on that lil bike...and a 15 when drag racing it So WAY less top end.. probably 120 max! W 70+ h.p.
    Way way too much fun as a stoplight to stoplight hooligan bike ....
    Back yet again to the ZXRR.....keep your fingers crossed.....
    Do they even do performance tests or 1/4 mile times on bikes anymore..or is that all a thing if the past w genuine, factual reviews..or do we have to suffer keyboard hero reviews?

If you made it this far reading...hope your killing time as I am..relaxing :beer:

Michael Hausknecht likes this.
  18. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Say what? o_O

19. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

the COVID thing was a bit of an issue then..

20. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Still is apparently