1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ZX400

Discussion in 'General' started by G Dawg, Feb 1, 2023.

1. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

2. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

G Dawg and Senna like this.
  3. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

This thing is so weird lol. Wish they'd just offer a track only model like the R6 for like $13K

4. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

I heard through the grapevine that the Graves bike is making around 80hp at the wheel, but I’m skeptical. Maybe they have a generous dyno.

5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

6. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I just can't imagine its gonna make more than 70 rwhp.

7. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

How much do you imagine a nice R6 makes at the wheel? Then multiply that by 2/3 as a rough estimate I would say.

8. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I think that comes out to around 70.

9. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

What kind of crappy super stock 600’s you riding? :crackup::beer:

Gino230, stickboy274 and DaveB like this.
  10. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

'Confirmed HP' Is that like a 'confirmed afterlife'?

11. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

More like a “confirmed bachelor”…

[​IMG]

12. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Last gen R6 made roughly 101-103hp stock and around 10-12 more with a flash, full system, and air filter - so 113-115ish.

66.6% of 114hp is 75hp.

Of course if we throw variables like race gas, head gaskets, stacks, etc... all bets are out the window.

My guess based on absolutely nothing really is 56-58hp stock and 76-78hp with a fully unrestricted ECU that allows it to rev to the 15,600rpm or whatever Asia gets and then the same full system and a dyno tune.

Sure would be awesome to see this wee bike crack 80 though!

stickboy274 likes this.
  13. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

One straight off the showroom floor. I thought we were talking stock numbers.

Monsterdood likes this.
  14. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Silly thing is, Most all seem to use Dynojets and almost always read different #s, and from my experience.... add mystery h.p.
    There also manipulated by users to ..do one thing..$$$ SELL $$$ services and products!

Most modified RZs and FZR400s w race pipes ,jetted carbs etc..layed down a "real honest" 50 ish h.p.
    But Dynojets always added a magical 10+ h.p...lol

And what happens when #s were "that much" more..... guys thought there tuners and hard earned $ were being well spent..so it's easy to see ....why inflated #s have become so common

As mentioned ,I'll be very surprised if it makes a " actual real" showroom floor 60 h.p ..any more than that...and I'll have to drink a beer in defeat.

I'll also bet... not a single Ninja400rr will beat a well tuned RZ350 in acceleration over a 1/4 mile. No chance..if I'm wrong ..I'll drink a beer:beer:

15. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

I think you like beer more than motorcycles.

16. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Oh ..some days..amigo...some days...lol

;)I have 8 motorcycles..all carbureted..lol:Pop::beer:

17. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

nobody cares...

Gino230, metricdevilmoto and G Dawg like this.
  18. Jed

Jed mellifluous

My $2.00 bet is 73hp. That's based on my absolutely shitty 90 fzr400 making 58hp once the valves heated up enough to stop compression leaks. :D

Razr and younglion like this.
  19. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

What do you mean by "well tuned"? If you're talking about a basically stock RZ that's just been jetted properly compared to a stock ZX400, then you're going to have to drink a lot of beer.

If you're talking about a built RZ compared to a stock ZX400, then that's not a fair comparison. And that doesn't make much sense because you'd just be depriving yourself of lot of beer.

Once a Wanker.. and Razr like this.
  20. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I will guess 76 hp after being properly built.