1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Race/Bike number...

Discussion in 'General' started by Frenchier6, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I looked at the LRRS rider numbers last year and discovered that Apismo Clam had #222. I was upset at this and asked The Don how Apismo got a number with us since I haven't seen him race at Loudon since the early 80's. Don said that he asked for the number and that he got it because nobody else asked for it.
    So I am going to apply for LRRS #934 because that is the original exchange number for Duxbury, MA. One of our fast guys at the track works for Verizon and he says that when fresh Yuppies move into fashionable Duxbury and he has to install phone service, they get all pissy when they don't get a phone number that begins with 934. :p

2. WHendrix

WHendrix Well-Known Member

number

I started out with novice 939, I have no idea why except I wanted the number 3 in the equasion as I was racing the Triumph 955iR. 3 becaome my lucky number for some reason so when I became expert the 3 was not available so I became 23. That kind of sucked as everyone equated that to MJ - maybe it was my round number plate or something. Well finally I got number 3 and now I am completely happy.

It is great reading everyone's mojo for numbers.

3. KillerCam

KillerCam KillerCam Racing

Had bought a new house and could not remember the house # I got it backwards it is 698, Hence 896. After the fact it works out good my Flat track # was 8 and a fellow racer I am friends with was 96.

4. RockRocks

RockRocks head goober

8 and 15 were my numbers playing baseball.

My first real motorcycle, a sweet, red SL70, was stolen when I was 13, thus traumatizing me and making me a little crazy.. On the bus ride to and from school I started counting to 8 over and over wishing I had it back. I ended up my aunt bought me a new one, a 125 Elsinore! It had a number plate which I naturally put an 8 on. So since then I have a thing about the number 8. I do some daily chores 8 times, like put deoderant on in 8 swipes. I must still be a little nuts.

5. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Could be worse. You could be obsessing over the number 815!

6. Frenchier6

Frenchier6 I'm just being me

Which one? my phone, my address, or my NEW bike number? :D

7. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Address please :D

8. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

Weirdness...I owe my number to inexplicable weirdness...

I met my wife-to-be in college in a class titled, "Philosophies and Religions of Asia," we had to do a report together on the I Ching, it's one of the four Chinese classics, best known here in the West as an oracle...Anyway, in preparing for the presentation part of what we were tasked to do, we opted to demonstrate a "throw", it involves yarrow stalks, you're consulting an oracle after all right?

Hey, you asked...

Anyway, what question should we ask? I dunno, let's ask about racing, I was just starting out so we did, I think we asked something about the prospects for the upcoming season or something, and the answer came back, Fire in the Lake, or Revolution, hexagram 49...I thought nothing about it, my novice number was 550, and when I went expert I requested three numbers, none of them 49, but what did I get back from the powers that be at WERA? Number 49, Fire in the Lake...That was back in the 80's...

Huh....Well? It's been 49 ever since, so yeah, it has meaning, makes me think of meeting my wife, how much we both love racing, and how things can be weird...

Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
  9. Millwoodva

Millwoodva Well-Known Member

When Richard Chambers retired... I got his AMA number..

10. Frenchier6

Frenchier6 I'm just being me

11. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

My father's Army serial number was O59922. And yes, the Avatar number is different, because I used different variations of that number based upon availability!

12. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

My exposure to the racing arena came about in 1974. We received a Weekly Reader that had a story about Kenny Roberts. I was hooked!