1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Race/Bike number...

Discussion in 'General' started by Frenchier6, Apr 28, 2009.

1. bpeeples

bpeeples Well-Known Member

646, the tail number of my huey in Vietnam. I bounced down a mountain in it and all of us came out OK, except 646. I was hoping my bike would take as good care of me.

Ben.

2. Elbee

Elbee Well-Known Member

Cool thread idea.

# 23 is the number which my brother carried when he first became a professional handball player.

3. ducatiboy

ducatiboy Well-Known Member

116 It is 911 upside down. Just in case. :D

I was born on the 6th, my favorite # is 6, My brother in law races stock cars and his number is 16. I couldn't get a 1 or 2 digit number so I added the 1. :D

3 years later my son was born 11/4... I was trying to get my wife to hold him in there for 2 more days but no dice.

4. Wes07

Wes07 Well-Known Member

My dad's race number was 350, so as I could get 13 (my lucky number) I chose to be 352 (351 wasn't available) as for the time being I ride behind him. The day I'm faster then him I'll change to 349 (or #1) =D
    With a little luck and a lot of balls it will be within the next two years!

5. AC1108

AC1108 Well-Known Member

118- My birthday is 11/08

6. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

908 was the number I choose to when drag racing my 900 Ninja because it was 908 cc. Used that for a year in CCS but it was taken in Wera so I got 808. Later got a cool two digit number 18, but couldn't take it as an expert because someone else was using it. Now I'm #180. Pretty much managed to keep an 8 in there somewhere.

7. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

327, my birthday

8. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

I was assigned 177 as a novice, kept it as a first year expert, then later changed to 71 because that was the number of the main race car in the shop I hung around at.

I chose 43 in the early 90's because for over 15 years I always pitted with Ted Hubbard (23) and David Cornelison (33).

RIP to both of them.

9. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

I asked for:

47 - the supposed quintessential random number of the universe

107 - dad's squadron number and a sort of extended family (see avatar photo)

127 - dad's wing number

They gave me 187, and I guess, it was just meant to be. :D

10. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

Hey Frenchie.....................

............what's your number??

:)

11. racrx451

racrx451 Well-Known Member

45 was taken and that's the number I had in sports so I decided on 451 (forty-five won).

12. daviid

daviid Well-Known Member

I was originally 419. now im 484. Which is still the same thing, I was born 4/19/84

13. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

67, the year I was born.

14. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

I went through all my various sports numbers, but my most successful sport didn't have numbers. I won a highschool wrestling championship in the 135 weight class, so I made it my number.

15. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Gretzky

16. tlr74

tlr74 4seven4

474 my b-day

17. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Mine don't mean nuttin'!

18. matd

matd This aint no party.

Mine doesn't mean crap. I used to get up for work at 4am. Now it's 4:01. And whenever I set my alarm for some other time I try to think of a racer pal and their #.

19. Bamagirl

Bamagirl Soccer Mom Gone Bad ;-)

My number has a very sentimental meaning.

The weekend of May 22-24th of this year I was set to go to the WERA riders school and hopefully get my provisional race license. I was excited but stressing over every detail from would my helmet pass tech to what number to get. My friend Sutton Chandler was the one whom I bombarded with every question imaginable. I pm'ed her earlier that week about how was I suppose to get the stuff and put a number on the bike when I wasnt even sure what number I was gonna get. I still have the message she posted back to me.

Most of you know that Sutton was killed at Barber that weekend, and I was too devistated to do the school. A few days later I was looking at the racers section at her name and stats, when I remembered what she had told me . I scrolled down one number from her's (she was #976) and there was ONE racer with the number 977..and it was an EXPERT in CA ( I got chills when I saw that)
    I finally got my license in August, and Needless to say I proudly display #977 as my number, with a memorial sticker to #976 on the windscreen. :beer:

20. RacerMdub

RacerMdub '03 GSXR 750

343 firefighters died on 9/11/01. I'm a firefighter.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009