1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World SBK | ROUND 09 | Pirelli Portuguese Round | 07 - 09 OCT

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Oct 4, 2022.

1. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

They placed well IMO.

6 of 13 of the privateer teams, and versus the other R1s on grid, ahead of the other R1 wildcard (Fritz on the YART bike), and ahead of Nozane and Ponsson, who have been running all season.

koth442 likes this.
  2. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Damn that Ducati is fast. Too bad Kawi missed their deadline so then maybe everyone would stop bitching about those magical RPM's

Reading through the comments has me laughing... y'all forgot Gerloff was the king of being fast on Friday! and boy did that sure ring true

Looking at his comments, it seems Gagne had trouble adjusting to the Tires and the Talent over there. I personally thought he would be a bit faster but hats off to him and the whole Attack team, I hope they enjoyed it after the MA 22 season.

Pumped for Kayla, hope she enjoys it and comes back over here to kick some ass in JC next year.

Thoughts for the Victor Steeman

SundaySocial, koth442 and MELK-MAN like this.
  3. henry_carlson

no where

4. henry_carlson

Gerloff Reveals Fuck All*******

Namarow, SundaySocial and matt2491 like this.
  5. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I agree. I'm just saying I think it shows how much I'm still learning about this sport, and that in my excitement, my hopes/expectations were out of whack for what was a good showing.

6. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

Entertaining as always for me. WSBK produces some of the best racing around right now, and I think part of that is the disparity and advantages/disadvantages between the makes and riders. Watching Toprak continue to out brake AB coming into T1 even after AB was past him was insane. Watching Rea push around there is amazing - every corner these guys look on the limit. Seems like very little pacing until the end of the race happening here to me. And Lowe's and Rinaldi finally getting into the fight in the beginning stage...man they were so close to making this trio a 5 car train at the front. All the better. One of the most impressive things to me was how fast AB19 was in the tighter sections of the track, he looked very confident. Can't wait for the next one!

koth442 and SundaySocial like this.
  7. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

Suppose we'll have to wait and see what kind of "Ducati are slow and handle like crap because the engine is the frame and they use a single sided swingarm" type of remarks RS has due to said WSBK weekend experiences ??? :Poke:

8. bradd15

bradd15 Well-Known Member

Yep. Sucks watching Redding override the hell out of that thing just to get top 10. Hopefully next year Scott, GG, and Mikey VNDM can consistently put it on the box.
    Seems like the funding is there from the factory but is just needs to translate on the track.

9. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

This is just me, but my understanding from the videos, is that Stamboli says because of no frame and the single sided swing arm it difficult to tune the bike flex to match the tires. If it is designed around the Pirellis it has no problem, but when switching to a harder carcass is when the problems appear.

younglion likes this.
  10. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Wow I've never heard that before.:rolleyes:

11. 418

418 Expert #59

Just so everybody is on the same page, what Attack did is ship rolling chassis to the track and Yamaha EU provided the engine and electronics package. Or this is how it's usually done....

So different electronics, engine and tires. At a track they're not exactly familiar with.

Pretty tough hill to climb.

12. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Definitely agree.
    Gagne did very well to get a point, stayed upright and to finish 19th, 16th and then 15th across all three.
    Glad that his reward for MA was a good one.

SundaySocial and 418 like this.
  13. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Pretty sure that's what they did for Taz Mackenzie as well earlier in the year when he wildcarded on his BSB Yamaha.

418 likes this.
  14. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

Not knowing any better, why? The electronics I get but why the motor? Especially with Stamboli's know how I'd think he'd want to run his own motor?

5axis and drop like this.
  15. 418

418 Expert #59

For one, the MA rules package doesn't allow for the fancy transmission. WSBK is N-1-2-3-4-5-6 vs 1-N-2-3-4-5-6.

16. drop

drop Well-Known Member

But stanboli said in one of his podcast they had one in their motor and had tested it.

17. 418

418 Expert #59

I'm just sharing what I remember him saying in the podcast. I'm sure he'll share if the plans changed. I wonder with Richard being in favor of the nova transmissions, was testing it for next year just in case MA allows it in the SBK class. Killing two birds with one stone kind of deal. I know he has mentioned he would like to see this legal in the class.

As @younglion mentioned they definitely did this when the Yamaha BSB team entered the WSBK round.

18. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

I'll post the video where I got the info from in the youtube thread for you - go to 5:45 in and you'll hear the explanation.

I'm not sure if thats what Attack did, but it seems like it's common for Yamaha to do it at least.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Where did you get this incorrect information? :D

p.s. nevermind, I saw the follow-up post. I believe that's incorrect.

418 and rafa like this.
  20. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Pretty sure Attack had their own engine and electronics.
    They were testing the transmission and fuel here in the US. Would make no sense to do that if they were just going to use stuff provided by Yamaha EU.

As far and the shift drum, rumors is that it will be allowed next year at MA. The teams committee (or whatever they are called) voted on it and sent their votes result to MA.