1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World SBK | ROUND 09 | Pirelli Portuguese Round | 07 - 09 OCT

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Oct 4, 2022.

1. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

Yep, Richard will come away with some valuable set up info that will give them an advantage back home.

koth442 likes this.
  2. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Any of you dad's paying attention here? Her dad's is helping her to adapt to the many variables, and specifically tires. The idea of club racing on the same brand used in MA to make easier for them to learn and get faster is BS. You need to help your kid learn to "feel" what's going on with the suspension and tires. So, either get help and or teach your young racer to "feel" what's going on and the path to the top will be easier.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  3. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Read something somewhere there were delays getting the bikes off the plane and to the track

Boman Forklift likes this.
  4. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Where can the R3 cup races be seen?

matt2491 likes this.
  5. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

I think he is smart enough to realize that his Yamaha contract is old news.
    He is a smart guy; betting he will use any press opportunity to make positive comments about his new contract/ride.

6. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Betting he won’t since he is still under contract with Yamaha.

7. Used2befast

He already said positive things about the Yamaha team. He has the talent to ride at the front... wait n see if his new BMW team can capitalize on it.

koth442 likes this.
  8. prm

prm Well-Known Member

I hope that new BMW chassis gets them what they need.

9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Jake gets a point in race 2.

koth442 and lopitt85 like this.
  10. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Seems like the guys with the most knowledge and understanding of world level MC racing knew what a realistic expectation was for a good showing by Gagne. Meanwhile, I'm wishing on a star :bow::crackup:

11. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

Gagne made improvements. Judging from what little camera time he had, he didn't look comfortable. His body position wasn't what it normally is. I was hoping he'd get more than a single point but getting in the points at all is an accomplishment.

12. Used2befast

Yep, maybe we didn't factor in a couple big asks for Jake...he was changing to a new set up with unfamiliar tires and the level of competition is a step up. He survived the weekend and even got in the points. A big accomplishment in my books.
    Looking forward to the "ask a superbike genius" on YouTube after this round.

koth442 and condon66 like this.
  13. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Trackdaz hosted by Dustin Coyner! The talks with Stanboli are gold!

14. drop

drop Well-Known Member

They are good. A bit cocky-ish and always bashing Herrin. But se good talks other than that. Also, I seen the camera only a couple times I'm their pit. I didn't see corndog or really many others I recognize. Was he there?

15. malamute

malamute ARRA racer

Was cool to see Kayla congratulating Garett in park ferme.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

They got people named corndog? No wonder they turned down the French wine in the GMT 94 garage. :crackup:

17. 418

418 Expert #59

Yeah he was there.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CjcPkZBMp_A/?hl=en

18. drop

drop Well-Known Member

19. Corndog's already spent a bunch of time in the WSBK paddock with Ohlins. Do Canadians drink wine?

20. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

Doesn't look like Mike Canfield was there. Likely the problem haha!